10+ Year Old Account

M ToV and The Chosen achievement?

Anyone done M ToV with 960+ gear? How easy or "still" tough the bosses on mythic are? Also is still a full group of 20 needed or can it be done with like 15 or so people?

I know ppl that have gone with less than 20, but it is obviously easier with a full group. The first 2 bosses are a joke both fights are about a minute long now. For Guarm the only mechanic you need to really deal with still is the debuff you run out of the group, most don't even bother with soaking colors and just have the tank turn him away the entire time. Helya can be a little more tricky, but you really only have to deal with one mechanic there as long as you phase when you want to. Most groups we have do it now I just have them watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQmfLXpjlvE it is a bit long but it shows every fight and how they do it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Anyone done M ToV with 960+ gear? How easy or "still" tough the bosses on mythic are? Also is still a full group of 20 needed or can it be done with like 15 or so people?
    I have done the chosen 4 times, once during Nighthold, and 3 times during antorus. The bosses can be wrote down to the following.

Odyn: Setup is 2/2/16, do phase 1 as normal, DO NOT USE ANY CDS AT ALL. Once phase 2 begins just use bloodlust, and burn the ever living hell out of the boss. It has like 3 billion HP. It should melt, seeing as everyone should be able to sustain over 2.5mil

Guarm: 2/1/17. The healer is only here to heal tanks. Originally you was supposed to turn the breaths into the raid, since we're 960+ and tanks now has 10-16million hp compared to the 3million on release. Its easy for them to keep the breath at the wall. Both tanks have to run out of the breath. The goal of the boss is simple, burn it down. The mythic only debuffs are ignored, seeing as you're not soaking the breath it wont matter. it'll not use more than 1 set of foams. Fight should be over in 30 secounds flat.

So the first 2 had 0 ways ANYONE can die, seeing as you're having too much dps.

Helya: 2/4/14(better safe than sorry), so I'll be using this picture as a reference: https://imgur.com/a/cNc9CRW

Helya orbs. Helya orbs will ALWAYS target 1 healer that was not targeted by last orb(you cant get it twice) and the offtank+1 of the camp. It'll ALWAYS do ranged>melee>ranged>melee. During phase 1 you'll see 1 of each set of orbs, STARTING on ranged. Once you get orbs EVERYONE runs backwards, at this gear level you have so much hp, and damage it doesn't matter. Healers has to be on the marks, disspells happens DURING this set.

After 1st set of orbs, melee has to get the fuck away from their stacking point, this is to disspells. Go there after debuffs has been disspelled.

Boss now goes into p2: you know the drill here, dont grip mist watchers.

P3: go back to phase 1 position. BLOODLUST NOW, USE CDS. The intermission can take 10 years for all it matters. just dont die. Ranged will once they get their orbs use a warlock gate to the other site, and cancle mechanic. Melee runs backwards. ranged soaks breath. 3rd and last set of orbs is everyone for themselves.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Interesting... Might have to setup a guild event to do this now.

I forgot about this achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for tips and info, very useful.

did this last week. 1 shot our way through to title. 4 people died. fairly straightforward.

Helya is the only one people might die to. The beam between orbs does about 4mil damage, so don't stand in it. It's fine to stand in the goo the orbs drop though.

The purple breath leaves pools that need to be soaked, and the soakers need to be dispelled. If that doesn't happen, everyone will be mind controlled and you will wipe.

Also, make sure your healers are aware of the mechanics of the trash in the instance. The Val'kyr (the black angels) near Helya put a stun on random players, and that person will instantly die if not healed for a certain amount before it expires. Other trash mobs put debuffs on people that cause them to drown on land. This needs to be dispelled or countered by a warlock's Unending Breath if the target is not undead. Trash may seem inconsequential, but there were two deaths to these things in the run where I got The Chosen.

Like others have said, it's much easier with 20 people since you can just burn down the first two bosses and pretty much ignore the mechanics. On Helya, you do need to do the mechanics a little bit, i.e. kite the orbs, kill the adds and soak the purple shit in phase 3.

Took my casual guild of mostly ~970 people 2 tries. Only the tanks got it on the first time we attempted The Chosen (because people didn't soak the purple shit in P3) and almost everyone else got it the second time. One poor dude died on trash, so be wary of that as well and don't overpull!

10+ Year Old Account
    The trash pointers were very nice, thanks Danvash. Thank god that the achievement is personal .