Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    ...the hell is wrong with the crowd? Sit down and stfu.
    whats wrong with YOU that you cant ENJOY a comic book film?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    She/it was one of the cornerstones of Thanos. So what was the point of removing Mistress Death? "Real" gods to mutch over the top for movie Marvel? To horrific? Like they want to sell the movie to China and Mistress Death is a supernatural skeleton that do not pass the Chinese censure?
    cause a boy killing half of the universe just to get laid is a bad a plot as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Agents of Shield is still going?
    how many times more u wanna ask this?

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    how many times more u wanna ask this?
    I'm surprised anew every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I'm surprised anew every time.
    Why its a good show with a great cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Finally, while the most understandable, he does try and kill a man who while being basically mind controlled killed his parent
    Lets not forget the fact that Tony spends the WHOLE film telling cap he needs to listen to what the government tell him, and stop acting on emotion when it comes to Bucky... Then immediately ignores his boss the second it becomes personal for him.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Why its a good show with a great cast.
    I mean, I know I'm judging it on very little since I stopped a few episodes into season 1. But it didn't interest me enough to continue, which is kind of a bad sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They’ve really only made one bad X-Men film in this decade. Apocalypse. On the good side you have First Class, Days of Future Past, Deadpool, Logan. Deadpool 2 looks pretty great as well.
    I am in the minority in that I hated First Class. Days of Future Past was better than I thought it'd be, and Apocalypse was a mixed bag.

I just don't feel like their direction with the X-Men has any future and I want it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    No they aren't.
    X-men are too In the MCU..... Just because some wiki says they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I don't know what you're smoking, but...

Although Disney’s acquisition of Fox’s key assets is expected to be complete by summer 2019, fans shouldn’t expect to see Wolverine and the X-Men in the Marvel Cinematic Universe anytime soon.
    When asked about how to reconcile those two cinematic universes, which depict their heroes in different ways, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige said that it’s “too far out to talk about whether it will happen or not.” He emphasized that Marvel is “not working on it in any way, shape or form. We’ve got five films on the docket we’ve already announced that are taking a big percent of our time.”

I mean, I know I'm judging it on very little since I stopped a few episodes into season 1. But it didn't interest me enough to continue, which is kind of a bad sign for me.
    Fixed that for you. Kind of agree with you getting called out on this. No need to keep dissing the show because you didn't care for it.

I am in the minority in that I hated First Class. Days of Future Past was better than I thought it'd be, and Apocalypse was a mixed bag.

I just don't feel like their direction with the X-Men has any future and I want it over with.
    I didn't quite hate First Class, but the highest praise I want to give it is "meh". The two overriding criticisms I have of it is - with the massive rogues gallery of X-villains, those are the ones they went with? - and - it's like every scene had awesome build up and then right at the end, everyone decided to just shrug and let it play out as "meh"-worthy as possible.

Days of Future Past was just okay in my book.... but did we really need to hijack Kitty Pride and give her weird mind powers when the role had minimal significance and could have been filled by a myriad of other X-characters that actually have mental powers? (I'm sure I have other gripes but I can't be arsed to remember the film terribly well)

I haven't even spent effort thinking about seeing Apocalypse yet.

So yeah, I really don't like the direction they've taken the X-Men either and I am super eager for the MCU to get their hands on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Actually, everyone is wrong in Civil War - or more accurately the issue being argued collapses under scrutiny so both sides have little merit. The Sokovia accords are a sham from the beginning, and so being pro- or anti-accords is mostly meaningless. For example, the point of the Sokovia accords is to place superheroes like the Avengers under the control of an international, non-governmental body such as a UN advisory board so that they do not act independently, while ignoring that Avengers 1 revealed that the Avengers and SHIELD were under the control of the Illuminati World Security Council.
    Yes, but it's bigger than even that. Cap and Tony also make mistakes left and right that, if not made, could have prevented the whole thing from escalating.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardu Hasselfrau View Post
    Learn what the fuck "suspension of disbelief" means before continuing to embarrass yourself. Hint: Characters dying doesn't destroy it, even if you suspect they'll be revived. Characters dying when they have a sequel in the fucking works, which means they WILL be revived with NO QUESTION WHATSOEVER about it, does.
    Lol, no. If you suspend your disbelief, you could also discount knowing that future movies are in the works.

I get and understand that their wasn't much emotional gravitas for some folks, but it's childish at best to give people shit over being emotionally impacted by this movie's ending.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The Disney/Fox buyout isn't 100% confirmed yet, Comcast are trying a last minute bid for Fox, and then the deal has to be checked to see if it breaches any monopoly laws.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Fixed that for you. Kind of agree with you getting called out on this. No need to keep dissing the show because you didn't care for it.
    On the one hand I don't like judging a show unless I've seen it all, but on the other if taken literally I would have to watch hours and hours of a show that never interested me in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    Had to go to an afternoon showing because of my work schedule and somehow didn't even think about it till i walked in. Loud children, everywhere. I kept thinking throughout various parts how it was the worst movie experience to date. That all changed in the final minutes. Theater full of trolled crying kids. LOL
    We also had quite a few kids. Noise was not an issue but 3-hour movie plus XXL Coke plus kids... you get the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...and Apocalypse was a mixed bag.
    X-Men: Apocalypse was a great reminder of why we don't have supers running around in their more traditional, brightly-colored spandex/latex/high-heeled/boob-windowed comic-book outfits. The movie wasn't terrible and had a fairly empathizable Magento. But it was kinda silly. Also Apocalypse was short, which was weird.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Right, but since you're not basing your opinion on anything recent it's basically beating a dead horse. Why do you hate dead horses so much?
    A dead horse killed my parents.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    X-Men: Apocalypse was a great reminder of why we don't have supers running around in their more traditional, brightly-colored spandex/latex/high-heeled/boob-windowed comic-book outfits. The movie wasn't terrible and had a fairly empathizable Magento. But it was kinda silly. Also Apocalypse was short, which was weird.
    You know I think that aesthetic can work if you specifically film it that way. Trouble is they had those comic-ey costumes but still mostly kept the dour semi-realistic look of the other X-Men films.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    cause a boy killing half of the universe just to get laid is a bad a plot as possible.
    "my planet died so I'm going to kill half the universe" is just as bad, if not worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    "my planet died so I'm going to kill half the universe" is just as bad, if not worse.
    that is not the plot, but I see you arent capable of understanding it even when spelled out in single letters

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got the chance to see it after avoiding spoilers. I'm probably repeating stuff people have said, but wanted to get my thoughts out.

1> Obviously, the "half of everything dies" is getting finger-snapped away in the sequel. I really appreciated having Thanos immediately fire Chekov's Gun like that, but I just can't see then killing off ALL their top-earning new heroes right after their first films did so well, from a business point of view. I don't know HOW they'll manage it, I just know they will. Still a fantastic gut-punch to end the film, since everyone was expecting SOME heroes to die, but not THOSE ones, and certainly not after the body count we'd ALREADY had. I could see them holding pretty much any of those deaths as permanent except Spider-man and Black Panther. Including those two make me sure we're getting a reversal.

2> Where the fuck is Clint? He'd better be a major plot point in the second film. In a "what the FUCK happened to my wife and kids, you FUCK" kind of sense. Having Thanos take out half the universe and then get beaten down by Hawkeye would be hilarious. And possibly defendable, if they focus on the family and loss components; Thanos might see someone with comparable will to his own in Clint, someone who's similarly suffered (at Thanos' hand).

3> Thank, you, Marvel, for showing DC how you do a grim and foreboding ending and still make the movie fun and enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Really not what happened, like, at all.
    Last edited by Endus; 2018-05-07 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    It's still an improvement from his comic book motivations. There, he wants to kill half of the universe simply to appease Death personification (he fell in love with her).

I was kinda tired of Marvel movies, but this one was really good. Proper villain, good action (to much of shaky cam in the first half though), drama well done. And I have no idea what will they do in second part, half of the universe dead is so over the top and to big of an impact for future movies (was surprising though, gotta give them that) and bringing them back with gauntlet feels way to cheap.

At the end of the credits there is "Thanos will return" text, and in comics Thanos going framer mode was so WTF that I don't think they will repeat it. Most likely he will be simply sitting in the abandoned farm chilling/contemplating.
    In the comics he also talks about the philosophical nature which plays into wanting to kill off half the universe and its pretty similar to the motivations he has in the movie. Most people who claim to be an expert on the comics don't even seem to be aware of this. It was in the Surfer comics which led into Thanos Quest which in turn let into the Infinity Gauntlet. He took Surfer to various planets to show him the consequences of overpopulation and how pruning populations would ultimately serve the best interests of the planets. Originally I think Starlin wanted the IG to showcase more the effects of both rampant population growth as well as the effects on the environment. So even in the comics Thanos sees more value in killing off half the universe than just following the orders of Lady Death. He sees a philosophical need for it which he is in agreement with.

They’ve really only made one bad X-Men film in this decade. Apocalypse. On the good side you have First Class, Days of Future Past, Deadpool, Logan. Deadpool 2 looks pretty great as well.
    The entire X-men franchise as a whole is pretty bad to average quality with a few bright spots (Jackman, Stewert, Mckellen, Fassbander and Macavoy) I'd really like the franchise to die and be left alone for a good while before being rebooted with a new cast and officially introduced into the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardu Hasselfrau View Post
    That's not even remotely the same.

Learn what the fuck "suspension of disbelief" means before continuing to embarrass yourself. Hint: Characters dying doesn't destroy it, even if you suspect they'll be revived. Characters dying when they have a sequel in the fucking works, which means they WILL be revived with NO QUESTION WHATSOEVER about it, does.
    Jeez, I don't know who pissed in your cereals this morning, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't me. You can chill out.

As someone said, even if they had no sequel planned for Infinity Wars, I'd never in a million years believe they would permanently kill off Spider-Man, Black Panther, the Guardians or even Scarlet Witch. There's too much money to make off them, if not the next year then in two years or five years. It's the same reason every popular superhero ever created by comic books are still alive and having adventures even if they're 70+ years old in real life. The entire genre runs on recycling the hell out of characters and never, ever letting them die permanently. The MCU doesn't keep its villains alive most of the time, granted, but heroes are fine and unlikely to ever die so long as they can make a penny out of them.

Besides, the majority of the audience doesn't follow the MCU's schedule religiously and wouldn't know about future movies precisely. Most people I heard speaking in the theater were surprised at the turn of events and audibly wondering if the snap will stick, and generally the entire audience was silent as it happened and I heard a few "No!"s when Spider-Man bit it in what was IMO an effective scene even if I knew seconds later there were 0 chances he would stay dead. Just like I had goosebumps when watching the battle of Helm's Deep in LOTR knowing perfectly well that the good guys would win it.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    The entire X-men franchise as a whole is pretty bad to average quality with a few bright spots (Jackman, Stewert, Mckellen, Fassbander and Macavoy) I'd really like the franchise to die and be left alone for a good while before being rebooted with a new cast and officially introduced into the MCU.
    Well at this point I think they've finished filming Dark Phoenix so given the likely investment of $200m I doubt Disney would refuse to release it. I agree though that they should wait a minimum of 3-4 years before doing a reboot and then even I think I would prefer that it be self contained as opposed to being shoehorned into the mcu.