Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I want to create a list of all the consumables a guild would use for one week while progressing on Kel'Thuzad. I want to add it to my "reminders of what vanilla was like" thread to truly drive home the time commitment it took to raid Naxxramas.

This list may already exist somewhere, it'd probably be much easier to find than to start fresh.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...was-Naxxramas/ has some good stuff in it:

I want the list to look something like this:
    Boss A:
    Length of Fight X minutes
    Approximate number of wipes before first kill: Y
    40 players using Shadow Protection potions every 2 minutes for 10 minutes = 200 Shadow Protection Potions
    15 melee using Grinding Stones once per fight = 15 Grinding Stones
    40 players using ____ food = 40 food
    20 players using Elixir of ___ = 20 ___ elixirs
    20 players using Elixir of ___ = 20 ___ elixirs
    3 tanks using Flask of Stoneblood = 3 flasks
    5 hunters using ___ ammo = etc.

Anub'Rekhan
    Grand Widow Faerlina
    Maexxna

Noth the Plaguebringer
    Heigan the Unclean
    Loatheb

Instructor Razuvious
    Gothik the Harvester
    4 Horsemen

Patchwerk
    Grobbulus
    Gluth
    Thaddius

Sapphiron
    Kel'Thuzad

Also, I don't even remember if Wowprogress was a thing back then, but what was the number of US guilds that actually killed Kel'Thuzad?
    where the mention of hours of farming soul shards for warlocks to summon their demons and give healthstones and summons aswell as the odd soulstone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    Can not agree with you. Not only class were so much more powerful (Hello rogues cloak of shadow) but also the rank14 weapons available to everyone made a big difference. So yeah no, post pre-patch kills shouldnt matter.
    Hello DS/Ruin 2.0 too.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

1. "Naxxramas was incredibly difficult, only x guilds managed to clear it before TBC" - vanilla player, bragging in 2018 about the difficulty of 2006 Naxxramas

2. WoW Classic launches

3. Naxxramas is cleared in 1 week by top guilds

4. WTF?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can not agree with you. Not only class were so much more powerful (Hello rogues cloak of shadow) but also the rank14 weapons available to everyone made a big difference. So yeah no, post pre-patch kills shouldnt matter.
    Cloak of shadows was not available at level 60, all new non talent abilities were only available at 61+

Rank 14 weapons did not make much of a difference at all, since pve weapons in aq and naxx were much more powerfull. Which most people that were able to kill kel'thuzad already had available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    1. "Naxxramas was incredibly difficult, only x guilds managed to clear it before TBC" - vanilla player, bragging in 2018 about the difficulty of 2006 Naxxramas

2. WoW Classic launches

4. WTF?
    Naxxramas is not difficult in todays standard. But back in 2006 it was.

The difficulty on vanilla bosses was about figuring out how mechanics works, because there was no dungeon journal explaining every mechanic, and no datamining available that gave information about how the abilities worked. And ptr testing was not really a thing, on naxx ptr i think the top guilds killed like 6-8 bosses. Leaving the hard ones totally unknown.

There was no boss mods, these was made by the top guilds while they were progressing which make the learning curve very steep.

So the fact that naxx can be cleared in 1 week in modern times say absolutely nothing about the difficulty in 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    So the fact that naxx can be cleared in 1 week in modern times say absolutely nothing about the difficulty in 2006
    What I'm saying is that there's no need for any consumable list in 2018, that raid will be completely destroyed, unless they re-tune it somehow (enter the "no changes" crowd).

How fast are guilds clearing it nowadays? I figured that drop rates and farming for shadow protection potions was still prohibitive.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2018-05-07 at 05:33 PM.

How fast are guilds clearing it nowadays? I figured that drop rates and farming for shadow protection potions was still prohibitive.
    The only catch will be 4h. THe Shadow Protection pots will only be a small issue since it would be most helpful to have most people leveling in a guild to go herb anyways.

I wish I could still find the list, but I distinctly remember 81 guilds completing Naxxramas before 2.0.

Cloak of Shadows was a level 66 spell. But yeah, talents like Vampiric Touch, Crusader Strike or Devastate really made things easier. Aggro became much less of an issue, and classes did a lot more damage.

15+ Year Old Account

2. WoW Classic launches

4. WTF?
    Not having 10fps helps a lot, and it wont be cleared in a week, cause u need 8geared tanks and whole raid in FR gear.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Cloak of Shadows was a level 66 spell. But yeah, talents like Vampiric Touch, Crusader Strike or Devastate really made things easier. Aggro became much less of an issue, and classes did a lot more damage.
    No Cloak of shadow was first available at lvl 60. It was the ultimate talent in the sub tree and you could take it, i know i played with it. It was remplaced with shadow step at 2.0.

one example here

You had to spec full sub but you could use it in vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Cloak of shadows was not available at level 60
    It was. It was the ultimate ability in the sub tree before being remplaced with shadow step at tbc launch.
    See my post above for a video example but you can find many.

I personaly remember how it made nefarian in bwl a total joke for rogues.
    Last edited by mmoc99a517f13b; 2018-05-07 at 09:38 PM.

It was. It was the ultimate ability in the sub tree before being remplaced with shadow step at tbc launch.

You are right, it was changed to a trained spell a week before TBC launch.. forgot all about that.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Didn't matter. Guilds did it. We always got the Onyxia Buff before going elsewhere. Sure it only helped a little but it still helped.
    "I did it that means everyone did it"

Deleted
    No Cloak of shadow was first available at lvl 60. It was the ultimate talent in the sub tree and you could take it, i know i played with it. It was remplaced with shadow step at 2.0.

one example here

You had to spec full sub but you could use it in vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but that is not true.

Premeditation has always been the 31 sub talent for rogues, never cloak of shadows. COS was introduced in the BC prepatch.

The video above shows Arena - Arena did not exist in Vanilla. Its the Blades Edge Arena. Blades Edge is a BC Zone. You get me?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iETHOSi View Post
    List of US Guilds who cleared.

1. Risen - 15/15 attained on 09/09/06 - US Alleria
    2. Death and Taxes - 15/15 attained on 09/09/06 - US Korgath
    3. Deus Vox - 15/15 attained on 09/11/06 - US Laughing Skull
    4. Surge - 15/15 attained on 10/08/06 - US Burning Blade
    5. Illumination - 15/15 attained on 10/09/06 - US Turalyon
    6. Afterlife - 15/15 attained on 10/12/06 - US Cenarius
    7. Transcendence - 15/15 attained on 10/31/06 - US Smolderthorn
    8. Eternals - 15/15 attained on 11/05/06 - US Shadow Moon
    9. Forlorn Legacy - 15/15 attained on 11/06/06 - US Windrunner
    10. The Flying Hellfish - 15/15 attained on 11/11/06 US - Kil'Jaeden
    11. Inquisition - 15/15 attained on 11/12/06 - US Thunderlord
    12. Vis Maior - 15/15 attained on 11/14/06 - US Bonechewer
    13. Exigence - 15/15 attained on 12/04/06 - US Dragonblight
    14. Momentum - 15/15 attained on 12/31/06 - US Destromath
    15. Fuse - 15/15 attained on 01/01/07 - US Cenarius
    16. Eternal Reign - 15/15 attained on 01/01/07 - US Lightbringer
    17. Heist - 15/15 attained on 01/07/07 - US Cenarius
    18. Ascendance - 15/15 attained on 01/07/07 - US Uther
    19. Reign - 15/15 attained on 01/14/07 - US Uther
    20. Attrition - 15/15 attained on 02/11/07 - US Staghelm
    21. Underscore - 15/15 attained on 04/01/07 - US Lothar
    You forgot Overrated.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Sorry, but that is not true.

Premeditation has always been the 31 sub talent for rogues, never cloak of shadows. COS was introduced in the BC prepatch.

The video above shows Arena - Arena did not exist in Vanilla. Its the Blades Edge Arena. Blades Edge is a BC Zone. You get me?
    Sorry but you are wrong. Wet got cloack of shadow and arena skirmish during the tbc prepatch so during vanilla.

It maybe lasted one or two weeks but that is not the point. There were already mini "tournament" organised by the rogue community (worldofming) at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    You forgot Overrated.
    I was just posting what I found on that website. :P
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm saying is that there's no need for any consumable list in 2018, that raid will be completely destroyed, unless they re-tune it somehow (enter the "no changes" crowd).
    Heh, the reason people can clear it in week one, is because they use a every consumable and buff available, making them steamroll bosses. If you go without consumes, i can promise you that it will not be cleared in week one.

While naxx is easy now because all the knowledge we got about it, there are some very punishing mechanics in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry but you are wrong. Wet got cloack of shadow and arena skirmish during the tbc prepatch so during vanilla.

It maybe lasted one or two weeks but that is not the point. There were already mini "tournament" organised by the rogue community (worldofming) at the time.
    Even if that is true, cloak of shadow does not make any of the naxx bosses much easier. Its a nice ability, but not gamebreaking, and you wont bring many rogues in naxx anyway, since you need a lot of warriors, and there is just not enough melee spots to bring enough rogues to abuse cloak of shadows.

And since you only had it available for s week or two, no guild who werent close to clearing naxx would be able to steamroll the last bosses because of some rogue ability.
    It may have been OP in PvP. But not in PvE
    Last edited by Roxyfoxy; 2018-05-08 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    Damn, my old classic guild I was in for just a few weeks (Origin) was one of the last guilds to kill KT. I didn't even know that.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not that it matters at all, but some of the guilds cleared it after 2.0 which was on Dec 5th, I remember my guild taking KT down 9 minutes before maintenance for the new patch. Good times..

- - - Updated - - -

Gear checks in bosses like Patchwerk and the sheer amount of mats needed to make enough frost res gear for Sapphiron should make it interesting. No doubt people will clear it faster but bosses like that should certainly prove a challenge overall.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Not that it matters at all, but some of the guilds cleared it after 2.0 which was on Dec 5th, I remember my guild taking KT down 9 minutes before maintenance for the new patch. Good times..

- - - Updated - - -

Gear checks in bosses like Patchwerk and the sheer amount of mats needed to make enough frost res gear for Sapphiron should make it interesting. No doubt people will clear it faster but bosses like that should certainly prove a challenge overall.
    There are ways to work around the resist gear on sapph. In addition to the boss having a very long enrage timer so the boss favors increasing the amount of healers you use.

Patchwerk is not that bad of a dps check in modern times, due to people have a lot more knowledge in gearing choices and overall loot distribution so every piece goes where they will make the most difference.

Edit: thats if blizzard does not buff the bosses though