Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The problem with Mechagnomes (and to a much lesser extent Earthen) is that they are direct Titan constructs. They don't have whatever it is that makes player character special enough (to the Titans and Old Gods) to be worth fighting for or against, those being said to be courage, resolve, and heroism . Earthen show signs of independence at least. Mechagnomes appear to be programmed constructs.

This is why I dismiss Mechagnomes. Junker Gnomes...cyborgs, would work however.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Zandalar, the Horde helps a group of intelligent gorillas, maybe this guys would be the new "Hozen", they are smarter than the Hozen, the model can be easily changed (as changing it won't affect the Hozen per se)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I just want one exciting race for Alliance. Just one. The only appealing thing about Kul'Tirans are their Druid forms. Lightforged and V11s are possibly the most boring reskins and DID look nice but Dwarves still are the second least played Alliance race.

If they come up with some kind of awful Gnomes (I know Gnomes should have their own allied race sometime) as the next race I am sure a lot of Alliance players will get angry.
    Well the Alliance may get Sethrak (maybe just maybe), based on how the Alliance interact in that zone, they point out that they may need to work together with them later. (while the horde only say that about the Vulpera)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    Most of those don’t even have a female model.

Also lol at Alliance even having the possibility of getting Sethrak as an Allied Race.
    Why? Theres friendlies the alliance engages with in the war campaign. If horde gets Vulpera, it is likely Alliance gets Sethrak.
    Likely though, neither one will be an allied race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Why? Theres friendlies the alliance engages with in the war campaign. If horde gets Vulpera, it is likely Alliance gets Sethrak.
    Likely though, neither one will be an allied race.
    The only issue is it’s a neutral interaction, and then the Horde end their questing with a quest that involves the Sethrak leader joining them to defeat General Jakra’zet. Both sides could argue for claim, as we have been since their introduction
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I think the Allied Races will stop at Zandalari and Kultiran for BfA. 8 new Allied Races is already plenty enough for an expansion.
    We already know there's more planned with some of their details already having been datamined, according to a Blizz dev on an interview just days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sister View Post
    How exactly are they not? If you can't be bothered to try, don't spend time responding to people. Value your time a little more.
    I can understand if you don't like a race but to call the Blood Elf female gross is a bit weird. They are clean, well kept, gracious, intelligent and beautiful. They are the exact opposite of "gross".
    For the Glory of Mankind

Alliance Allied races are harder to guess since we have no clues or hints ingame as of now, save for maybe a Jinyu camp in Boralus.
    For the Horde it's a bit easier since Vulpera were datamined as a Horde flagged race and seem inevitable at this point.
    We also have San'layin being hinted (and let's be honest, they'd be stupidly popular since they can fill both the vampire and dark ranger fantasy), Hozen npcs in Zandalar, Mogu being casually namedropped and Rexxar receiving a very "almost at playable level" brand new model.

If we have a look at the various npcs in the embassies which are supposed to be there to suggest new allies we could come out with something like:

Alliance
    Genn: Kul Tiran
    Tyrande: ? - Something Night Elven related, I'd say Furbolg (or rediscovered Jalgar) or Night Elven Worgen. Could even be Naga/Highborne related to go with the Azshara raid.
    Velen: ? - Only Broken Draenei come to my mind really, if San'layn are a thing for the Horde reusing the Bloof Elf model then I could see Broken being possible after Lightforged Draenei
    Mekkatorque : ? - Something Gnome related, Junker (cyborg) gnomes? "Cured" Leper Gnomes? Sand Gnomes?
    Aysa: Jinyu

Horde
    Rokhan: Zandalari
    Gallywix: Vulpera
    Nathanos: San'layn
    Ji: Hozen or Mogu

While being easier to guess the Horde actually has less npcs in the embassy, that of course doesn't mean much since new ones can just walk in later ( and I actually expect that to happen).
    I would keep an eye for Rexxar, he may end up bringing in half ogres and maybe Hozen and Mogu can both happen if another character shows up to suggest them.

I expect BFA minor patches (like 8.1 probably) to release only a pair of Allied races, starting with Kul Tiran/Zandalari of course; bigger content patches may even give us two.
    Other options like Wildhammer, Revantusk, Yaungol etc will probably happen aswell but probably during the next expansion cycle.

Overall Allied Races seem to be a success and provide both new subs and the revitalization of the leveling experience, not to mention the time spent playing to unlock each one of them; they are probably here to stay and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the only way we will get new races from now on.
    Blizzard has probably struck a gold mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    1- we are not getting more elves

2- if people barely play gnomes there is no sense to put another one who will prob be less playable

3- they would need to remake the hozen model from zero

4- blizzard already said there is no such thing of "some race>>another race" allied races are independent vulpera are not associated to goblins and only share the base model
    They added HM tauren and Dark Iron dwarves.... This idea that a mechagnome race would be less playable is absolutely unfounded.

Allied races are independent? You mean like how certain allied races are completely pulled out of Blizzards ass while other Allied races make complete sense?
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2018-05-08 at 12:08 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswen View Post

Alliance
    Genn: Kul Tiran
    Tyrande: ? - Something Night Elven related, I'd say Furbolg (or rediscovered Jalgar) or Night Elven Worgen. Could even be Naga/Highborne related to go with the Azshara raid.
    Velen: ? - Only Broken Draenei come to my mind really, if San'layn are a thing for the Horde reusing the Bloof Elf model then I could see Broken being possible after Lightforged Draenei
    Mekkatorque : ? - Something Gnome related, Junker (cyborg) gnomes? "Cured" Leper Gnomes? Sand Gnomes?
    Aysa: Jinyu

Horde
    Rokhan: Zandalari
    Gallywix: Vulpera
    Nathanos: San'layn
    Ji: Hozen or Mogu
    I think you have one of the more on point speculations. I agree that the AR are tied to loosely tied to faction champions and not races. I think its also possible we might see some leaders substituted in the future as Blizzard develops the concept. For instance Rexxar might replace Saurfang as recruiter in the Horde embassy

Genn : Kul Tiran
    Tyrande : Jalgar are a great point - fun fact that the early Drogbar concept turned into the Jalgar concept. Maybe we will see it as an Allied Race
    Velen : This one I disagree with. Velen has perhaps most area to explore than any other character. It could literally be any race who were persecuted by the Legion across the cosmo. Could even be something really off the wall like Aldrachi survivors
    Mekkatorque : Cyborg Gnomes or somthing completely new
    Aysa - Jinyu or Tortollans

Rokhan - Zandalar
    Gallywix : Vulpera
    Nathanos : San'layn possible but with heavy license from the existing concept / possible batform transformation
    Saurfang : ?????
    Ji : Mogu, Hozen, Tuskarr are all reasonable imo

Last edited by Khaza-R; 2018-05-08 at 12:28 AM.

Velen could recrute Etheraels. As long as Sethrak will be an Alliance race I am fine.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Well, technically two does constitute the minimum possible requirement of "races," but that's really on the negative side. Interviews definitely suggests they'll be bringing out more races, as does them designing new races with a plethora of customization and using the bones of existing races so they can use all armor sets, such as Vulpera. And, it's really easy content to do for them, just reskin something, but in return they get tons of Money from race changes and hours of content with the heritage armor unlocks.

What are you basing your assessment that they'll be the last allied races on?
    Absolutely nothing official, more of a hunch. And I agree it's a great way for them to make money, and I would personally really like it. But we have seen Allied races in development for how long now? Almost a year? We haven't seen any more races developed in any beta builds, and I would think if they plan on releasing any in the next year at least some type of leak(besides broadcast text)would have made it through. I wouldn't doubt if Zandalri and Kul'Tirans are at least 5 months after release, and are they really going to develop more that late into an expansion? Unless of course Allied Races is something they plan on keeping.

Good list, but I think that "pandaren axis" has as much a chance to be "tortollan/tuskarr" as it does to be "jinyu/hozen." Or Tortollan will counterbalance Vulpera instead of Sethrak. The tortollan will be in there somewhere. Sethrak seem too far away from fully gear-displaying. They basically can't wear helms, more so than Worgen. They may be the natural enemies of the Vulpera, but they seem to be very NPC-driven.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I heard this talk about San'layn becoming a playable race, they don't really look like elves to me so the whole argument about "too many elves" don't really interest me.

But how did people come to the conclusion that they might be next? Sounds pretty fucking cool though

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I heard this talk about San'layn becoming a playable race, they don't really look like elves to me so the whole argument about "too many elves" don't really interest me.

But how did people come to the conclusion that they might be next? Sounds pretty fucking cool though
    Unless they come with a new model, the San'layn will end up being another Blood Elf re-skin. But how did they come up with the conclusion? I think it has something to do with BFA's lore, and I don't want to spoil any of the story in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    Unless they come with a new model, the San'layn will end up being another Blood Elf re-skin. But how did they come up with the conclusion? I think it has something to do with BFA's lore, and I don't want to spoil any of the story in it.
    Bruh, spoiling WoW is like spoiling Harry potter now, nobody cares about the story anymore, go ahead and spoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherius View Post
    Absolutely nothing official, more of a hunch. And I agree it's a great way for them to make money, and I would personally really like it. But we have seen Allied races in development for how long now? Almost a year? We haven't seen any more races developed in any beta builds, and I would think if they plan on releasing any in the next year at least some type of leak(besides broadcast text)would have made it through. I wouldn't doubt if Zandalri and Kul'Tirans are at least 5 months after release, and are they really going to develop more that late into an expansion? Unless of course Allied Races is something they plan on keeping.
    I mean, that's a bit more than a hunch, and it makes some sense. I think that continually releasing allied races all throughout the expansion is a poor move, since I know that at least I will wait and see all the races before paying for any race changes or getting heritage armor. Would suck to pay and spend all that time to grind a race and then another one I want even more is released a little bit later. They can spread them out a bit, but I'd want access to all the races after at least a few months.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Bruh, spoiling WoW is like spoiling Harry potter now, nobody cares about the story anymore, go ahead and spoil.
    http://pt.wowhead.com/news=284052/br...-prince-dreven

Read:
    Shandris and Blood Prince Dreven
    The Horde and the San'layn

Sethrak aren't going to happen because they can't properly wear helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    You pop in every thread with the same thing, this is speculation out of datamined text.. why you try so hard to deny it?
    Datamined text that doesn't indicate much. We don't know how many of them are left - San'lyn were considered to be wiped out in Wotlk. On wowpedia it appears that there are only 2 named npcs left. And we also don't know if they will be Varimatras 2.0. Because datamined text shows that NPCs are distrusful of them and that they're hard to cooperate with.

So imo people jumping to fast to conclusions instead of waiting how it will actually turn out. San'lyn are big scourge elites, that did a lot of Harm to both Horde and Alliance. They supported Scourge with various nasty stuff like creating flesh giants.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Datamined text that doesn't indicate much. We don't know how many of them are left - San'lyn were considered to be wiped out in Wotlk. On wowpedia it appears that there are only 2 named npcs left. And we also don't know if they will be Varimatras 2.0. Because datamined text shows that NPCs are distrusful of them and that they're hard to cooperate with.

So imo people jumping to fast to conclusions instead of waiting how it will actually turn out. San'lyn are big scourge elites, that did a lot of Harm to both Horde and Alliance. They supported Scourge with various nasty stuff like creating flesh giants.
    As he said we are just speculating...