Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Well it's okay to have personal tastes and dislike stuff. I haven't gotten into Game of Thrones but know that it's genuinely excellent and highly critically rated for good reason, and I know all Marvel IPs (except for Iron Fist for some reason) are outstanding on Netflix, but some people just dislike stuff. There are people that just really, really hate superhero style stories, for instance. (though even in those cases, I find it hard to see them hating the aforementioned Marvel series on principle, since they are quite different.)
    Yes, those people are out there, but more often than not I know people (friends) who just hate everything cuz 'Marvel' and 'simple entertainment for mainstream audiences'. Like, that shit is just weak if you're unable to bring up any counterarguments other than 'formulaic'.

Anything with a laugh track

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Considering the reason given for The Expanse was some nonsense about science fiction genre viewers preferring to stream content and their deal with the show creators being specific to linear-live tv showing (seriously don't even fully get the crap they gave as an excuse). Coupled with the creators stating they'll be shopping for another network; I feel like it's only a matter of time before Netflix scoops it up.

Either way though; could not possibly agree more. I read about canceled shows like this, remember that Jersey Shore is making a comeback; and die a little inside.
    its not nonsense though. sci-fi was literally losing money on it, because more and more people don't watch live anymore and they weren't getting money from when seasons would show up on a streaming service. that said... they have no one but themselves to blame for 1. signing that shit of a deal and 2. not having a dedicated streaming option available, the way HBO and other channels do. I would subscriber to sci-fi channel if that was all I was subscribing for, but... I usually have to get a whole live TV package just to get acess to sci-fi shows and fuck that.

my money is on amazon for picking them up, since they already have the syndication deal for airing older seasons, while netflix would have to start bidding from scratch - plus netflix is currently overextended when it comes to original content, while amazon could use some beefing up.

10+ Year Old Account
    These so called "reality" shows.

Two broke girls, The Middle, the shit that The Simpsons have become.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

well I'M not sure if I have one since I usually just dont watch shows I dont like.

but the closest I think is the walking dead

It started out brilliantly and then by season 3 it bogged down into the same horribly clichéd soapy formula so I just stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Yes, those people are out there, but more often than not I know people (friends) who just hate everything cuz 'Marvel' and 'simple entertainment for mainstream audiences'. Like, that shit is just weak if you're unable to bring up any counterarguments other than 'formulaic'.
    Exactly, I agree entirely, this is the kind of stuff I mean when I talk about people having bogus arguments. "I hate this because other people like it and I'm too cool to like the same things anyone else does." etc. I typically don't presume if they aren't outright saying this kind of stuff, though. I definitely get where you are coming from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Considering the reason given for The Expanse was some nonsense about science fiction genre viewers preferring to stream content and their deal with the show creators being specific to linear-live tv showing (seriously don't even fully get the crap they gave as an excuse). Coupled with the creators stating they'll be shopping for another network; I feel like it's only a matter of time before Netflix scoops it up.

Either way though; could not possibly agree more. I read about canceled shows like this, remember that Jersey Shore is making a comeback; and die a little inside.
    not its because SciFi is a shit show and its name has become a joke....

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much every single reality tv show.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Deleted
    breaking bad

Well it's okay to have personal tastes and dislike stuff. I haven't gotten into Game of Thrones but know that it's genuinely excellent and highly critically rated for good reason, and I know all Marvel IPs (except for Iron Fist for some reason) are outstanding on Netflix, but some people just dislike stuff. There are people that just really, really hate superhero style stories, for instance. (though even in those cases, I find it hard to see them hating the aforementioned Marvel series on principle, since they are quite different.)

But yeah... I mean, as for the post you're quoting I really am curious. Because to wake up a 4 year old account to just to post in a thread like this, they must really feel something special about Game of Thrones... I want to know the context!

I love this story everyone is creating. I just posted because I wanted to. Jon Snow is fugly.

- - - Updated - - -

westworld is terrible

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust99 View Post
    breaking bad
    Omg careful this is slightly popular and ur a new account so it must be a lie?????

Don't worry I trust you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaki View Post
    I love this story everyone is creating. I just posted because I wanted to. Jon Snow is fugly.

- - - Updated - - -

westworld is terrible

- - - Updated - - -

Omg careful this is slightly popular and ur a new account so it must be a lie?????

Don't worry I trust you.
    Well, now we've confirmed you are very defensive about this. And you have suddenly learned how to quote. Very curious, indeed. The idea that you are irritable enough to respond to comments, yet have just been 'watching the boards [for nearly 5 years]' is becoming less and less believable, friend... you are definitely a regular poster here.

But that wasn't my question. Why are you shy about posting that you dislike Game of Thrones on your main account? Maybe it's strange that I find that interesting, but I do. So humor me!
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2018-05-11 at 10:36 PM.

Well, now we've confirmed you are very defensive about this. And you have suddenly learned how to quote. Very curious, indeed. The idea that you are irritable enough to respond to comments, yet have just been 'watching the boards [for nearly 5 years]' is becoming less and less believable, friend... you are definitely a regular poster here.

But that wasn't my question. Why are you shy about posting that you dislike Game of Thrones on your main account? Maybe it's strange that I find that interesting, but I do. So humor me!
    You told me there was a button so I looked for it.

This is my main account. My email is named after it..... my wow accounts are named after it too etcetc.

I just hate game of thrones and that. House Targaryan forever! I mean.. What's a dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaki View Post
    You told me there was a button so I looked for it.

This is my main account. My email is named after it..... my wow accounts are named after it too etcetc.

I just hate game of thrones and that. House Targaryan forever! I mean.. What's a dragon?
    It's okay. I've never seen Game of Thrones myself, so I can't comment... I'm behind the times.

I'm just saying that, as easily riled up as you are, I find it extremely difficult to believe that you've just been watching for the last four years. I'd have found it more believable if you had stated that you just never got around to using your account before now. I spent a lot of time just watching the MMO-boards before I started participating, but I still posted... just more than once every year or so.

Perhaps against all odds it's true, but I think there's more to this than that. These posts you are making just make me more curious about it.

How I Met Your Mother and Scrubs. I like quite a lot of sitcoms, but these two annoy me like no other. They try soooo hard to be funny and it fails every god damn time. None of the actors are worth shit as comedians and are about as funny as a rock. I'd rather watch Laurel & Hardy which is still way funnier than this crap.
    Last edited by deepr; 2018-05-11 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of stuff the kids like now days I just dont get. Big Bang Theory and Rick and Morty mainly, not that I think they are bad but I just dont understand why they have a big fan base or why they are even considered as good as they are. Because have watche da few episodes of both I cannot get into it or care enough about the shows itself.

Or maybe I am just getting old and this is just me projecting my parents own attitudes of me when I used to watch shows like Ren and Stimpy and Bevis and Butthead as a kid lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    reality TV shows. the kind where they get together a bunch of people with first world problems and then follow them around while generating extra drama. I avoid them as much as possible and they are still everywhere :/

Yea reality shows too. They more more emphasis on the' show' than the 'reality' :P

Just TV generally for me, it's why I haven't watched it in 4-5 years there's nothing on.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-05-11 at 10:58 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Sure, more often than not it's saturday morning cartoon villains and quippy humour, which adds to the formulaic bit, but some people have a neat way to overdramatise it. The movies would never be this formulaic if it wasn't so damn successful in the first place.
    I never get a sense of urgency or hopelessness because there's always a way out. In IW, Thanos really pushed the envelop with what he was allowed to do when compared to nearly every other villain but even (most of) those affected by him have a way out. Two, actually. The first being the Soulworld and the second being the fact that Marvel already has their roadmap planned out for the next, like, ten years.

This is coming from someone who doesn't actively keep up with any of the movies or the comic book stuff but once it started to happen I immediately thought "nah" because I just can't take comic book movies serious when they tug at your heart strings. I didn't even know what the Soulworld was until after the movie when I went to look for more information about the Infinite stones.

I know calling these movies "safe" is a buzzword meme but I tend to agree. I can still appreciate them for being entertaining though but it's a pretty intense love/hate relationship when they try to make me feel anything but joy.

The exception being Yondu, of course. That was awesomely emotional.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2018-05-11 at 11:12 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because I don't watch shows i don't fucking like, however I do hate Reality TV as someone posted, especially these vapid whores on real housewives of whatever other shallow cunt.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    The Office (US). I like the cast in other stuff, just not this.

Wheel of Fortune. How has Pat Sajak not murdered any of these letter yelling non please saying motherfuckers? BEEE!!! EMMM!! *blam*

And reality TV. Stop making stupid people famous.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I hate procedural crime shows and dramas and shit. Criminal Minds is probably the worst show ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    big bang theory is basically for modern trendy nerd/gamer dudebros who think its incredibly smart/clever comedy, when its really just as stupid and vapid as any other sitcom. Not to even mention how offensively stereotypical is it in its portrayal and males, geeks, etc, and also incredibly sexist at times.
    Fun fact: sexism can be directed at men too.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation