Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Chicken or flank stank(cooked rare/medium rare), sauteed green peppers and onions, with some variety of salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilarion View Post
    Fajitas are Mexican, bro.
    I was being deliberately vague, she's Mexican and Costa Rican.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm vegan so I use Beyond Meat chicken strips, salsa, green chile sauce, green peppers, black beans, and sometimes refried beans.

Edit: Shit, I forgot guacamole.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never tried Fajitas but this looks tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Do you make the french fries yourself or do you go to like McDonalds and buy them?
    I usually just bake some frozen ones in the oven. Would prob be 1000 times better with McDonalds french fries tho.

I usually make them with chicken, mild spices, green/red peppers and red onions. Then add some salsa, guacamole and sour cream to taste. Sometimes I add kidney beans, lettuce and cherry tomatoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    and french fries.
    What is this, I don't even
    I cannot comprehend this level of potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I add green and red pepper, onions, rice and chicken. Only salt and olive oil

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    No.

Meat + bell peppers = disgusting
    The only time i eat bell peppers is with meat

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    This is skirt steak, may also be called flank steak. You have to cut it against the grain or it will be too tough to eat.
    Skirt and flank are different cuts. There's also inside skirt and outside skirt. They are mostly interchangeable, but you may need to alter the cooking time because skirt is (usually) thinner than flank. Also you have to cut it differently to go across the grain.

Moving on, fajitas are traditionally made with skirt steak. It can be difficult to find skirt steak (in the US), unless you have good vendors or a Mexican specialty store.

As for cooking them, I'm a minimalist. I grill or saute onions and peppers with a scant amount of seasoning--salt, pepper, cumin, then oregano at the end. Then I grill the meat after salting, and brush it with lime juice a couple times. Off the heat, let it rest, slice thin. Serve in a warm tortilla with options to add salsa, crema, crumbly cheese, avocado, more lime, etc.

One of my favorite things to make for myself.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2018-05-12 at 06:41 AM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I haven't had fajitas in years. Tend to go burrito when I can get decent Mexican food at all...

Actually are fajitas Tex-Mex?

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    No.

Meat + bell peppers = disgusting
    I have to disagree on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I haven't had fajitas in years. Tend to go burrito when I can get decent Mexican food at all...

Meh I just prefer tacos, much more practical to make. I like to taste the filling than a big mouthful of flour tortilla, flour tortillas are for burritos. Then a large flour tortilla becomes more practical to hold rice and beans.

I just go with whatever I have on hand. Am able to pull fresh onions and cilantro from the garden. Prefer Pasilla peppers over Bells. Then whatever meat I have on hand, chicken, beef, or seafood.

For a vegetarian option I'll fry up some zucchini blossoms, or summer squash sliced lengthwise and grilled.

Fajitas can be made into tacos, but a taco isn't always a fajita.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2018-05-12 at 07:16 AM.

Since Fajitas can be pretty much anything
    Not technically true

Fajitas classically refers to skirt steak cut of beef.
    If you claim to support the second amendment, and have to qualify it with preconditions, you don't support the second amendment.

red and green pepper, caramelize onion, chicken, some paprika and a mixture of chilli, oregano, coriander and cumin. Serve with some shredded cheese and lettuce. Pretty usual stuff I guess.

How do you impersonally make Fajitas?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Except burritos are American, they were invented in Los Angeles.

So technically, fajita is the meat right? Like, if you cut fried steak or whatever into strips, that's fajita, which you typically put in a tortilla wrap, but can also make tacos etc out of? Whereas a burrito is made with ground meat or carnitas etc?

I have another question. Some Mexican places around here put rice in burritos along with the other ingredients. Is that common in Mexico? I always thought you either had the filling with rice or you put it in a tortilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Except burritos are American, they were invented in Los Angeles.
    So burritos and fajitas are both Tex-Mex? Or American-Mexican anyway. Do Mexicans wrap up fillings in flour tortillas - and if so what do they call them? How do they differ from burritos and fajitas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

i just made chicken fajitas yesterday. I season the chicken with salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder, then a little olive oil and fresh lime juice. I usually cut the chicken breasts in half to make 2 thinner pieces, they cook faster and you're cutting it all up at the end anyway. Throw the chicken on the grill and cook the peppers and onions on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet. I throw the flour tortillas on the grill for a few seconds on each side at the end to get them hot and a little bit crispy. They come out super good. I eat them with sour cream, cheese, and cilantro on top.

I usually just bake some frozen ones in the oven. Would prob be 1000 times better with McDonalds french fries tho.
    Maybe. Not sure really. I've never used french fries just baked potatoes.

with chicken kidney beans small pecies of chorizo and a sauce made with smokey paprika