Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Diablo Rework Spotlight, Blue Posts

Diablo Rework Spotlight
    The next update to Heroes, coming "Soon(TM)", will feature a rework of the Lord of Terror! This includes a full talent overhaul, and some functionality changes to Fire Stomp to make it a frontal cone.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Sad thing is, even though we are seeing paintings of all these possible new skins, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them aren't actually going to be added.
    All of the skins shown in these posters will be available in-game (@BlizzHeroes)
    Does that include the chihuahua?
    Yup, as a new mount! (@BlizzHeroes)

After extensive testing, it seems that Second Wind's tooltip might be a bit inaccurate. Basic attacks actually heal for more than Varian's 1% maximum health, in fact they heal for about 1.15% of his max health (given any heroic - scaled for health). Can anyone confirm this for me?
    This was indeed set for 1.17% of maximum Health, because at the time of the Talent's creation that was the smallest we could get with rounding for percentage healing effects. We've since updated the engine to support smaller healing percentages, and we've fixed Second Wind's healing to be exactly 1%. This will go live in a future patch (alongside the next major Hero release). (u/BlizzNeyman)

The Journey To My Uninstall
    Hey Lightning, sorry to hear about this. I personally lost my Master promo 6 times before finally getting there, in some cases to experiences like what you describe here, so I feel your pain on this one. We've heard your and the community's feedback when it comes to frustrations with ranked matchmaking, and while we can't control for every variable, we do feel like there are things we can improve on.

You may have seen in our blog post last month the announcement that we're actively working on a Loss Forgiveness feature for precisely the scenario you're describing - https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/hero...-april-12-2018

This is a high priority for us and will initially apply when a player on your team fails to participate, with later support being added for AFK players and those found to be dying intentionally.

We're also working on upgrades to our penalty system so we can more quickly and reliably identify problematic players and apply appropriate penalties, including suspensions and bans. While these changes won't entirely prevent players from doing this sort of thing, it should make it less common and more importantly make you less likely to be penalized when it happens outside your control.

Win/Loss streaks are a natural and unavoidable part of any matchmade multiplayer game, and the focus for us in the context of Heroes is doing our best to make sure those games feel as fair as possible. That's another front on which we've heard player feedback, and we're actively working on improvements including adjusting matchmaking (especially at higher skill levels) to favor more higher & more consistent match quality even if it means longer queue times in some cases.

I want to stress that for us, making a fun experience is and always has been the most important thing. That value is what made me a fan of the company and ultimately made me want to work here. Keeping our players happy is the one and only way we get to keep doing the jobs we love to do, so we have tremendous incentive to make enjoyable gameplay our number one priority. (MattVi)

Heroes of the Dorm Reminder
    The grand finals of Heroes of the Dorm are fast approaching, which means that your chance to win additional loot boxes is running out. Be sure to log in at the Heroes of the Dorm website and pick which team you think will take the cake.

Not sure what Heroes of the Dorm is all about? Click below to find out:

Yeah, poor Diablo needed a rework, he's been in F-tier for sooooooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Yeah, poor Diablo needed a rework, he's been in F-tier for sooooooooooooooooooo loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong.
    Are you fucking retarded? He is one of the best tanks

Infracted
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2018-05-12 at 09:25 AM.

If you want to rework a tier one hero, at least combine that with a rework of a shit tier hero as well. *cough* Raynor *cough*

Deleted
    Most used and powerful tank gets rework while a third of the hero pool remains forsaken... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    Most used and powerful tank gets rework while a third of the hero pool remains forsaken... lol
    that's kinda why he is getting changed, so that with the new talents/ability mechanics they can tune him a bit better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those changes seem to massively buff Diablo lol

Keep good works blizzard,i love this game

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarak View Post
    Those changes seem to massively buff Diablo lol
    I dunno, remains to be seen - he's losing the Armor from Shadow Charge which was one of his biggest strengths. 4 seconds of 20 armor (because let's be real, who wasn't using Shadow Bulwark at 1?) right when it is needed most - during initiation - was a core strength.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    because let's be real, who wasn't using Shadow Bulwark at 1?
    everyone, since devil's due exists as a talent?

(because let's be real, who wasn't using Shadow Bulwark at 1?)
    Everyone? Devil's Due is by far his strongest talent on that tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Huh. Well I guess I'm more out of date with Dibbles than I thought

Never mind, carry on.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Everyone? Devil's Due is by far his strongest talent on that tier.
    I was going to say...what am i missing? I have always taken Devil's Due! Way too powerful a talent!
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    I was going to say...what am i missing? I have always taken Devil's Due! Way too powerful a talent!
    I'm kinda curious if it is gonna remain as is, get nerfed, or get removed with the Diablo rework.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poqeqsaq View Post
    Are you fucking retarded? He is one of the best tanks
    Are YOU fucking retarded? The guy was being extremely sarcastic and the only way to miss it is if you are as dense as a brick.

Diablo was in a fine place and personally while I am excited to try the changes he didn't need one. There are others who should have been prioritized first.

Infracted
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2018-05-12 at 09:26 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, remains to be seen - he's losing the Armor from Shadow Charge which was one of his biggest strengths. 4 seconds of 20 armor (because let's be real, who wasn't using Shadow Bulwark at 1?) right when it is needed most - during initiation - was a core strength.
    Basically anyone that actually knows how to play Diablo and knows that Devil's Due is by far the best level 1 talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Are YOU fucking retarded? The guy was being extremely sarcastic and the only way to miss it is if you are as dense as a brick.

Diablo was in a fine place and personally while I am excited to try the changes he didn't need one. There are others who should have been prioritized first.
    I mean, he's strong but his talent diversity is nearly non-existant. On 7 you have some options and maybe on 20. They could remove all talents, except for the outliers, on his other tiers and his winrate would be unchanged. Heck, it might go up because you can't misclick a wrong talent anymore or w/e. Not to mention that his firewave is something people have been complaining about for a while and the new one definitly looks better. Other heroes need help, yeah but I think it's better to adress a very popular hero's issues rather than focusing on the ones that noone is really playing (Chen/TLV) and this is coming from someone who actually kinda likes Chen. They'll get their time in the spotlight, they're probably just figuring out where to go with them, same for Jimmy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    If you want to rework a tier one hero, at least combine that with a rework of a shit tier hero as well. *cough* Raynor *cough*
    They posted on Twitter that Raynor is getting a rework next!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Thaeha View Post
    They posted on Twitter that Raynor is getting a rework next!
    did they say he was next or that he's coming soon
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"