Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Poorly spelled racist posters tell Asians to "learn English"

Anti-Asian racist signs have been discovered in Sydney’s northwest

A SERIES of racist signs calling for an end to Asian immigration have been posted prominently around Sydney’s northwest over the weekend.

Large handwritten posters saying Asians are “not the face of Australia” and railing against foreign immigration have been discovered around Top Ryde, including the busy streets of Victoria Road and Buffalo Road.

One of the signs, posted by a Reddit user overnight, reads: “No more Asians. It’s not the face of Australia. We speak English.”

The poster, ironically riddled with spelling mistakes, goes on to say: “We wrote & read English. Dont (sic) insult our country. We dont (sic) insult yours. Stop the 457 work visa its (sic) a scam. It puts Aussies out of work. They doht (sic) go back.

“All Asian businesses/employees discriminate, they only employ Asians.

“Stop Asians applying for public housing assistance. They have no right to it. It puts Aussies homeless.

“Stop incoming Asians sporting paronts (sic) at our expense, they dont (sic) go back. Stop Asians illeagally (sic) using concession cards. Stop Asians seat hogging on out (sic) transport.

“Save our Aussie culture, politicians murdering our culture for short gain. Australia is not Asia.”

Another image later emerged of a trolley with a sign stuck to it in the same area, which read: “This trolley was stolen by an Asian & dumped here.”

City of Ryde Mayor Jerome Laxale confirmed to news.com.au that eight posters have been found and removed so far.

He said he was made aware of the racist signs this morning, and sent rangers around to remove them immediately.

“Ryde is one of the most vibrant and diverse cities in Australia,” he told news.com.au. “We are proud of our multiculturalism. This rubbish hate speech has no place in Ryde.”

He noted that near-identical signs have been posted around the suburb in recent years.

In February last year, the same poster was stuck to a Chinese-Australian property investor’s billboard advertisements at a construction site in Ryde.

In 2014, a similar handwritten sign was discovered on an auction sign on Buffalo Road.
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...6e3008a72b5eb1

Ah, racism against Asians, that takes me back.

I saw this news story and before reading it I thought to myself "what are the odds that this xenophobic screed exhorting foreigners to learn the fucking language is itself written in lousy English?". Sure enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    You posted this in wrong section.

How is poster "learn Engilsh" in a country that use english - being racist?

What the fuck is wrong with this world. It's like people have nothing better to do, so they are finding new ways for being victims for profits/being entitled, because they're useless in a normal society that doesn't care about your race/religion/etc.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2018-05-14 at 10:23 AM.

It doesn't matter if they don't spell properly. At least they're not aliens bent on behaving anti-socially in alien hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    You posted this in wrong section.
    Oops a daisy.

Can a mod move this to Gen-OT?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Ahahaha, this is satire, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It doesn't matter if they don't spell properly. At least they're not aliens bent on behaving anti-socially in alien hubs.
    Racists are actually alien to Australian culture, and are behaving anti-socially by, for example, hanging these ridiculous signs.

Maybe they should fuck off until they learn the language kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The spelling is not a metric of a person's knowledge of its native language. Even illiterate gutter dweller can speak English infinitely better, more fluent, effective and natural, than any educated Asian immigrant. That classist bullshit is just a sorrow attempt to downplay a grave social issue.

Those racists aren't Australia's face either. These people are:

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

What the fuck is wrong with this world. It's like people have nothing better to do, so they are finding new ways for being victims for profits/being entitled, because they're useless in a normal society that doesn't care about your race/religion/etc.
    Last I checked white Australians are the intruders/immigrants to that country—so telling an Asian or aboriginal to learn English is racist.
    change can't wait.

Came here expecting to see "Engrish".
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Hmm how should we imagine the "asians" in this context? The real asians or the "part and parcel" asians?

Deleted
    Australia seems especially fragile when it comes to (mass?) immigration from poor countries, since they got a low population number and not that many liveable areas.
    Their economy can't handle as much strain as other Westen countries either, so it's understandable that their government is so strict when it comes to immigration.

ahhh Australia, you penals never fail to amaze me.
    that happens if you bring the scum of the earth to one isolated place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    Those racists aren't Australia's face either. These people are:

Same level of silly as Americans yelling 'Go back to your own country".

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone with many Asian Friends and that has lived with Asians, I've been told many MANY times that the Companies/Restaurants they work/worked for exclusively only hired Asians. So it's not like that part is a lie.

But at the end of the day, it isn't the Asians in Australia that are actually causing the issues in this Country. Most actually love Australia and like assimilating within it.

Being Sydney I'm actually surprised the posters aren't telling Muslims and Middle East types to fuck off, since they seem to be the major problems in Sydney these days.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Last I checked white Australians are the intruders/immigrants to that country—so telling an Asian or aboriginal to learn English is racist.
    That depends on your view on the Right of Conquest.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Aboriginals lost, Britain Won. So they have no claim. It's what happened when a weaker culture was conquered. Regardless of what bleeding hearts would cry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    No Asians!

that was amazing lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Same level of silly as Americans yelling 'Go back to your own country".
    i was born here in america. go back to your own country.

or don't. i don't really care.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    i was born here in america. go back to your own country.
    Why am I not surprised that the irony here is totally lost on you. (here's a tip: the VAST majority of people Americans scream at to "go back to their own country" are already in it, as they too were born in America.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I saw this news story and before reading it I thought to myself "what are the odds that this xenophobic screed exhorting foreigners to learn the fucking language is itself written in lousy English?". Sure enough.
    Some people try to put lipstick on the pig, but being racist ultimately comes part and parcel with a lack of education/intelligence.