Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I would like Horn of Winter back as baseline filler/buff ability just to get an extra button. HRW baseline without the haste component would be a nice QoL change and the spot could easily be taken by Sindy's Fury. Glacial advance needs a sick animation and possibly a special interaction during Pillar windows, given its row. Maybe a one time per pillar AoE knockup or extra burst to make it the default AoE talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Just check out the Unholy Beta thread where people are happy with DnD+SS AoE - after LEGION's M+ importance and the shitcleave called DnD.

I have to assume the Betatesters never player legion as Unholy at all.
    Because having your AoE & Cleave tied to a Talent and Proc respectively is so much better, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    I think the problem a lot of people had with BoS, myself included, was more that I/we didn't find it fun, and it was certainly not good that at the time in that if you selected it, it dictated all of your other talents - which is horrendous design. Also, when it was numerically superior, it was that style or nothing.

But the idea of it being an AoE RP dump is great, would definitely love to see how that might play out.
    I also got a bit sick of BoS in Nighthold after a while, but I think they should have fixed it by just buffing the Obliteration build. Blizzard say the BoS build was dominating because of the synergy between the talents but the truth is that it was dominating because our other options were too bad. There was no need to remove the 7.2 BoS (maybe reduce the Breath duration a bit) we just needed an alternative so we weren’t forced to play that build. If they had for example removed the legendary ring and buffed Obliteration we would have had two viable builds that offered two different types of playstyle and peolpe could choose the one they like the best instead of being forced into one. Right now we are forced into the Obliteration build and after playing it for many months I’m getting sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I don't think they are done with Frost, well at least I hope not. They mentioned Unholy, Frost and Prot as specs that will receive meaningful changes and so far Frost has only gotten very minor changes so I will just assume that they are still working on these changes.

I'd like Death Siphon for DPS DKs too. Death Strike should only be available to Blood since it's their signature ability and a heal based off AP like Death Siphon would be much better suited for DPS DKs rather than a heal based off recent damage taken (which will probably be low raid aoe damage).
    I just remember how fun it was to have the best pvp gear on, and stack as much vers as humanly possible and just never die in bgs. I loved the fact that it scaled exponentially with versatility making that stat actually fun.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Deleted
    NEW Killer Frost Frost Strike deals 154 additional damage with each hit and has a 15% chance on critical strikes to grant Killing Machine.
    Remorseless Winter deals an additional 39 damage. The first time Remorseless Winter deals damage to 3 different enemies, you gain Rime.

but no other changes
    Last edited by mmoc2e85dc7678; 2018-05-16 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArteaDK View Post
    NEW Killer Frost Frost Strike deals 154 additional damage with each hit and has a 15% chance on critical strikes to grant Killing Machine.
    Remorseless Winter deals an additional 39 damage. The first time Remorseless Winter deals damage to 3 different enemies, you gain Rime.

but no other changes
    where did you see that? can't find it

Deleted
    wowhead..cant post links

Nvm, that's from azerite gear. Finally something interesting from azerite armour.

2H Frost is and always will be in my mind what a WoW DK is meant to be - an icy juggernaut wielding frost and necromantic magic. Nothing about DW Frost resonates with that class fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    2H Frost
    I really liked the option to get 1 weapon for all 3 specs.

Nothing is more fun pre-LEGION than getting your first weapon upgrade after 30 weeks of full raid clears. Legion did a great job with artefact weapons and it will be missed by many when we go back to the dark ages of weapon drops.
    -

I agree with the 2 handed frost sentiment. Having an attack called Obliteration and then seeing my DK swing two little toothpicks around is a little disheartening.

Deleted
    2h back for frost, Rune strike back for frost, Horn of winter (make it work like in wotlk,mop style) for more runic gen.

wow they nerved the shit out of perma frost :/.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyWright View Post
    2h weapons, new rotation
    So helpful...... please stop posting comments like this.. if you want to post at least make it constructive.

What changes would you like to see in regards to rotation? new abilities? changes in priority? New rotation in regards to single target? aoe? PVP? PVE? M+/ world content.... at least try to be productive.

These kind of comments don't help what so ever and just use up pixels..

Quote Originally Posted by rustaclut View Post
    So helpful...... please stop posting comments like this.. if you want to post at least make it constructive.

What changes would you like to see in regards to rotation? new abilities? changes in priority? New rotation in regards to single target? aoe? PVP? PVE? M+/ world content.... at least try to be productive.

These kind of comments don't help what so ever and just use up pixels..
    Nothing posted here in threads like this helps. Its just for entertainment. This forum is helpful for in game tips, advice, etc, but nothing we discuss here is going to influence Blizzard's decisions, so just roll with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Nothing posted here in threads like this helps. Its just for entertainment. This forum is helpful for in game tips, advice, etc, but nothing we discuss here is going to influence Blizzard's decisions, so just roll with it.
    So replying with a closed questions is going to help the person who made this thread or others seeking advice? don't think so.... Indeed a lot of this doesn't even reach blizzards eyes/ears but i think if i took to the time to reply a thread i would at least provide a bit more information to my reply then a closed 4 word response.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I really liked the option to get 1 weapon for all 3 specs.

Nothing is more fun pre-LEGION than getting your first weapon upgrade after 30 weeks of full raid clears. Legion did a great job with artefact weapons and it will be missed by many when we go back to the dark ages of weapon drops.
    Back in the day the 'solution' was to arena for your weapon, something I did most tiers of most expacs, having terrible weapon luck, as a rule. That option is gone, unless I've missed some news.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    That option is gone, unless I've missed some news.
    Blizzard is doing everything to get PvE players far away from PvP/ARENA as far as possible.

AFAIK in BfA you get a weekly piece for a FIXED ITEM SLOT and random-shit-drops as alternative, so no way to use PvP as an alternative gearing method for WEAPON or missing OFFPIECES like we used to before. PvP in LEGION is allready dead and Blizzard does everything they could to just limit the pvp playing pool as much as possible with each stupid change.
    -

Most of the special attack formulas are now based of AP rather than weapon damage so the drastic DPS swing with weapon upgrades should be attenuated somewhat in comparison to previous expansions, but its still likely to be the equivalent of having a powerful trinket vs. not having one.

Yeah it feels good when you finally get that weapon drop, but that does not compensate for the maddening frustration of 20 boss kills + 20 coins and never getting that weapon. In contrast the conquest PVP weapons weren't BiS, but were generally on par with heroic weapons from non-end bosses.