View Poll Results: Do you have at least 2 Million Gold?

Voters
746. This poll is closed
  • Yes

363 48.66%
  • No

383 51.34%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I always try to buy a crate from BMAH or a some rare pet from AH, so im always on 100k gold ) and god i want that spider
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Deleted
    I'm suprised to see that like 90% of people in here are the tiny fraction of people with millions of gold :P

Anyway i just rerolled on a new server and i'm not spending extra money on wow to move around stuff so right now i have like 30k grand total.

Tons of power players have 5 mill gold, some of the richest hitting the hundreds of millions

inflation

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    so im guessing people are just buying huge amounts of gold.
    False, I've never bought gold. Never plan to either. You making 50k doesn't mean others don't have the ability to make more, it just means you either don't know, or don't care to make gold.

you cannot make millions of gold in wow by just playing day to day
    Yes, you absolutely can.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2018-05-17 at 06:12 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I made a little over 7 million going from WoD to Legion selling elixir of rapid mind.

I bought them all throughout WoD when people were getting them every other week from garrison missions for betwen 2-6k each. I stockpiled a *lot* using my garrison gold income during wod.

Started selling them when the Legion pre-patch hit for between 55-70k each. Made a killing, been living off that gold ever since buying everything I wanted. I think I have just shy of 3million left.

I'm still looking for my next big venture that will keep me stocked through BFA - I don't want to have to go back to relying flips on the AH to scrape by lol :P

I think that those who skipped the WoD expansion don't have that much money. Who played it yes.
    I skipped Cataclysm, Pandaria and WoD. And I have 1,7M..

10+ Year Old Account
    The highest amount of gold I ever carried was about 700k. Then I bought a few TCG mounts and it was gone. (during Cata they sold for about 300k on my realm - same mounts now go for 5mil+, talking about inflation...)

I got a little over 5 mil gold on horde and a little over 1.5 mil on Alliance (all chars horde and all chars ally together)

Haha, no where near that amount. 100k or so and I was farming hard

Of course everyone here is gonna say they have it.
    The ones that aren't lying about it spend the whole day in the game and are gonna probably die from heart attack or diabetes in less than five years...

I haven't been below 2m since I earned 2m in Cata.

I'm getting myself the brontosaur!

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    I made a little over 7 million going from WoD to Legion selling elixir of rapid mind.

I bought them all throughout WoD when people were getting them every other week from garrison missions for betwen 2-6k each. I stockpiled a *lot* using my garrison gold income during wod.

Started selling them when the Legion pre-patch hit for between 55-70k each. Made a killing, been living off that gold ever since buying everything I wanted. I think I have just shy of 3million left.

I'm still looking for my next big venture that will keep me stocked through BFA - I don't want to have to go back to relying flips on the AH to scrape by lol :P
    Niceeee. I wish I held on to a few. I was so sad when the christmas event came through and Blizz removed them from the savage gifts. Sooooo much gold to be made from those things.

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    Of course everyone here is gonna say they have it.
    The ones that aren't lying about it spend the whole day in the game and are gonna probably die from heart attack or diabetes in less than five years...
    No need to be salty. Gold making really doesn't take that long to learn. Just requires a bit of effort, like most things in game.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2018-05-17 at 06:48 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I have 2m right now. It's mostly that low because I sink all my excess gold into wow tokens and converting those wow tokens into bnet balance. Up to $285 now.

Minimal effort and 0 time spent on the AH.

could never be arsed to play more than 1 char, whilst logging 2 times a week and even I have around 300k. Thus I can imagine, how much all those, ahem, "dedicated" players with 20+ characters have.

I peaked at 9.8 million the other day. I was saving for a swift zulian tiger that never spawns on the BMAH. So, I bought three mounts on the BMAH for around 2.8 million leaving me with just over 7 million gold.

Then today, the swift zulian tiger mount is on the BMAH and I can’t get it because I can’t bid cap. That is ok, someone else was able to later on and I didn’t get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Been floating around 3 million for most of Legion, went into Legion with just over 5. Didn't buy the spider or warframe, won't be buying the AH dino.
    Pretty much me but with 1.5 million and I will be buying the warframe (I love mech stuff) mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendevis View Post
    I think that those who skipped the WoD expansion don't have that much money. Who played it yes.
    I skipped Cataclysm, Pandaria and WoD. And I have 1,7M..
    I skipped WoD. I started off Legion with 150k and got up to 9.8 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have around 6-7 millions. No spidermount, but won't buy it because it's ugly. I pay every month more then 300k for the wow-token to pay my second account.

I probably have somewhere between 1.5-2 mil total.

Pretty much all I do gold-wise is order hall missions and even those I'm not super regular on. But it really adds up after awhile. I can only imagine how much people who are actively trying to make gold could get out of it.