Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And you are factually wrong and if you just read the wiki you would know this.

Why do you think there quarterly reports reads (Actvision-Blizzard)

The irony..... someone didn't read their own wiki before linking.

Are we reading the same forums?

Most arguments against Blizzard are started with the tard-status "Activision-Blizzard"-line for effect... Has been for as long as I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    Ah. Ok. So if I want to stock up on gold for the coming xpac, in a few days is a good time to buy a token with cash?

(I have a good job, and I have more money than time. So I'm on the other side of the token issue.)
    You can track what price it is at on wowhead and sell one when you feel comfortable with how much its worth.

Also what good job do you have where you dont need to know about supply and demand? basic economic concepts

Oh, I know about supply and demand. I just hadn't thought about financing the pre-order with gold. As mentioned, I don't have the gaming time to use gold to do that, so it didn't really occur to me. So, I buy tokens, and get gold for them if I want. Someone has to supply the cash for you guys, right?

(I do IT for a bank, actually, now that you mention it!)
    Once the token is consumed it converts to credit on your bnet account and can be used on any blizzard and activision products that are linked under blizzards umbrella, so destiny 2 as well for example and now also CoD. Or you can just turn it straight into 30days game time

If you want to buy gold go for it, your money dude

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah. Ok. So if I want to stock up on gold for the coming xpac, in a few days is a good time to buy a token with cash?

(I have a good job, and I have more money than time. So I'm on the other side of the token issue.)
    When the Destiny 2 pre-order spiked the token market, the falloff happened less than 24 hours later. This may or may not follow the same trend, but if you go off of that event, buying a token for gold will probably be best done before tomorrow when everyone gets the same idea and starts crashing the value. Wowhead has a so-so tracker, but its behind by a bit. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    The irony..... someone didn't read their own wiki before linking.
    Can't read?

Yes its 5 business units, That make up one COMPANY. I know reading is hard when you are trying to one up someone. Once again why do you think they are all on the same quarterly report and not 5 different reports?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't read?

Yes its 5 business units, That make up one COMPANY. I know reading is hard when you are trying to one up someone. Once again why do you think they are all on the same quarterly report and not 5 different reports?
    They are subsidiaries, They are essentially their own entities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_Entertainment
    Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. is an American video game developer and publisher based in Irvine, California, and is a subsidiary of the American company Activision Blizzard.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidiary
    A subsidiary, subsidiary company or daughter company[1][2][3] is a company that is owned or controlled by another company, which is called the parent company, parent, or holding company.[4][5] The subsidiary can be a company, corporation, or limited liability company. In some cases it is a government or state-owned enterprise. In some cases, particularly in the music and book publishing industries, subsidiaries are referred to as imprints.

Blizzard is not a subsidiary of Activision, they are a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard. Activision is also a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard.

Activision and Blizzard answer to the same boss. They are one company. This is as hilarious as trying to claim Naughty Dog isn't part of Sony or Retro isn't part of Nintendo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Blizzard is not a subsidiary of Activision, they are a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard. Activision is also a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard.

Activision and Blizzard answer to the same boss. They are one company. This is as hilarious as trying to claim Naughty Dog isn't part of Sony or Retro isn't part of Nintendo.
    "is a part of" is a wholly different claim than "they are the same company".

One statement is true the other is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    "is a part of" is a wholly different claim than "they are the same company".

One statement is true the other is false.
    They are the same company, the fact you don't understand what a subsidiary means is laughable. Activision-Blizzard is the holding company, when they bought out their independence from Vivendi their board became the sole controlling party of everything in that holding company.

Claiming Naughty Dog is a different company then Sony is hilarious, different studio same company. Same is true here.

Quote Originally Posted by nVIDIA View Post
    Let activision put all their games on battlenet, dont feed gaiben with free money.
    Lol, yeah there's also that. At this point I esteem Valve barely more than I do Activision anyway. So why should I care if they can't leech some more money out of Steam?

They are the same company, the fact you don't understand what a subsidiary means is laughable. Activision-Blizzard is the holding company, when they bought out their independence from Vivendi their board became the sole controlling party of everything in that holding company.

Claiming Naughty Dog is a different company then Sony is hilarious, different studio same company. Same is true here.
    He doesn't get it when its even on a quarterly report...

Like I already said there is a reason the report is Activision-Blizzard and not Activision,Blizzard,King Ect.... each with there own report.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Oh, I understand now how the token is bought with gold...but it doesn't finish unless *someone* buys the token with cash. If people only bought with gold, and no one was buying them with cash, the price wouldn't stop going up...
    It's the other way around. If no one buys tokens for $$$ you simply can't buy it for gold, it will say "no tokens are available for sale", which happens every time there's a big preorder opened and people rush to the AH to buy tokens for gold to get enough balance. The tokens just dry up and rise often 25% or more in value before the supply starts to refill. However, if you snapshot this peak and put your $$$ token for sale, you get guaranteed gold even if it sells 24h later to someone for less gold, because price dropped in the meanwhile. Blizzard covers the difference. Same if they go up, you only get as much as you posted it for. In US they peaked at 238k and are already going down. https://wowtoken.info/

P.S. I mean "if no one was buying them with cash" the price would go up to infinity until it pushes enough people to buy them with cash because "this much gold is finally worth my 20$", if no one ever cared to buy gold, the system would collapse and be removed, the success of it depends on people wanting to buy gold, the other end - people willing to spend gold to buy COD for example - completely relies on the first part functioning.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2018-05-18 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    I played World of Warcraft because I didn't want to play call of duty. I wanted a world and an emotional roller-coaster that would outlast any other game on the market for a decade, I was right to play this game over it's competitors on other platforms.

furthermore, I feel the demographic largely changed as years went on. I don't think call of duty and world of warcraft players were very similar demographics at any point except the beginning, and with Call of Duty being a failing franchise, there is now no suitable demographic for it to move into - so it's moving into ours.

..it being forcibly consolidated together with my game like this, call of duty, a game I purposefully turned my back on. added to a client like other games I'm not interested in at all and don't care about in the slightest like Destiny...it's just kinda, awful.

The only reason they're doing it is because they're hoping the existing blizzard demographics will explore these games; but the reality is the quality and longevity, the attention to detail and love blizzard once invested by far surpassed that of it's competitors. There is no way in hell I would ever play call of duty; even if it was placed onto a launcher games I do/once enjoyed.

I could ignore it just fine; but it's the principle. They think we're all idiots that will improve the market-share because it's on the battle.net launcher; despite having nothing at all to do with blizzard's studios, and that is the shitty part. The only reason they're doing this is because Call of Duty is dying if not dead, and it's dead because others games were pushing more boundaries and didn't treat their fans like a paycheck whilst they did.

I didn't like it when activision forced us to download the battle.net client in the first place back in 2008. there was absolutely nothing wrong with the old launcher which was clean and small and had relevant news anyway, but I held my tongue, because they were all Blizzard games, and I personally enjoyed Blizzards properties (except Starcraft)

But do I enjoy hearthstone? no. do I enjoy Destiny or Overwatch? no. Do I enjoy call of duty? absolutely not. Like most things, I was reasonable and didn't complain too much, but it's just getting out of hand now. the client is like having bloatware installed.

For the battle.net client to finally open it's doors like this to simply move away from the dependence of steam and consolidate activisions properties, it might make good business sense, but It's not a friendly action or in the best interests of the consumer.

The only way to protest this is to not download the battle.net launcher, but there's no other alternative except piracy.
    There is too much irony and false facts in this post.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    theres a few more pixels on the app, obviously you have to go nuts on forum
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    theres a few more pixels on the app, obviously you have to go nuts on forum
    Hearthstone announced: People flipped over an "app game".

Overwatch announced: People flipped over a shooter game.

CoD game icon in the app launcher:
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account

He doesn't get it when its even on a quarterly report...

Like I already said there is a reason the report is Activision-Blizzard and not Activision,Blizzard,King Ect.... each with there own report.

The report states Activation Blizzard and subsidiaries. Not just Activision Blizzard. Not to mention they do break down earnings for each subsidiary.

You're saying I don't understand yet I gave you what a subsidiary is. It's right there in my post.

A subsidiary is a COMPANY controlled by another COMPANY. Like i stated in my first post.

Activision Blizzard = Parent Company
    Blizzard Ent. = Subsidiary Company
    Activision = Subsidiary Company
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2018-05-18 at 04:56 AM.

First off you are the perfect example of what I was talking about in the OP.

Second how is the most sold game every year failing?
    What gets me is that he, among others, are somehow ignoring that the Overwatch/Hearthstone fads are pretty much done and over with, especially compared to CoD's audience.

Why the fuck are people even upset about these games going on the client? Lmao

Like chill, it's just on the fucking client. Idiot. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    What gets me is that he, among others, are somehow ignoring that the Overwatch/Hearthstone fads are pretty much done and over with, especially compared to CoD's audience.
    Wha? Hearthstone and Overwatch are still making money hand over fist for Blizzard.

And virtually no games have CoD's audience. Pretty hard to top 25 million dude bros who pre-order the $60 game and $120 worth of maps every 8 months.