Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    exactly jaina has solid reasons for everything she does,
    It's called having common sense. That's how she stopped having solid reasons. The source of her suffering was Garrosh and he was dealt with. Now she's directing her anger at innocents of the Horde. Every single current Horde member was a part of Voljin's revolution.

Jaina has become a zealot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    When i do my laundry i tend to drop whole bucket of white paint into washmashine. I call that technique "Whitewashing".

Seriously, can they drop those attempts of making jaina "relatable" and shit ?

10+ Year Old Account
    exactly jaina has solid reasons for everything she does, she didnt have bullshit like varian where they magic his anger away or something
    Exactly man and Genn before the curse of the worgens was a selfish bastard who created the walls to separate himself from the Alliance. Yes the curse and the recent events humbled him and made him better for sure but He didn't have any strong reason to separate himself and his kingdom from the Alliance. And now when the Forsaken ruined his kingdom (not as bad as Theramore) and killed his son...some people go with "hey man Genn has a very stronk reasonssss to hate Horde".

Now for Jaina who got her father killed helping to build up a lasting peace then Garrosh obliterate her home Theramore and killed so many people... "some ppl go hey she overreaction man....she shouldn't hate the Horde so much maaaan bad written character just kill her blizz ploooox"

Talk about double standards folks eh? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Why better? I am curious? I mean both Genn and Jaina have a very strong reason to hate the Horde.

I mean imagine a faction destroy your beloved homeland and killed your beloved friends and your father....will you stay calm and collected and reasonable after all of that?

I don't mean you specifically of course I mean it as an example. :P
    Genn lost his son and his city to an unprovoked attack. He has, of all the Alliance characters, the most reason to hate the Horde.

Jaina lost her city because she decided to let it become a base for the Alliance invasion of Kalimdor in the Cataclysm yet somehow she sees it as 'betrayal' because she held a few useless peace summits there a few years back. Then there was the whole back and forth Bi-polar phase she had in MoP, plus that entire stupid 'prophecy' about her.
    Now in BfA she's supposedly a better mage than a ten thousand year old elf known for bending the literal fabric of time to her will. She's just a plain terrible character with no grounding in reality whatsoever.

She's Christie Golden's little pet and it shows in the writing.

lol rogers reasons are the same as jainas
    It's not about the reasons, although Jaina's are much stupider because the reason her city got destroyed is her fault.

Quote Originally Posted by GetCrunk View Post
    Haven't you read the preview for Bts now Genn feels sorry for Sylvanas and forsaken
    For the Forsaken, not Sylvanas. Doesn't mean he's suddenly pro-peace.

Anyway, I'm not going to go any further into it, I'm bored of Jaina and discussing her.

waaah the best written character hates my morally grey faction, kill her
    There's no morally grey, they're pretty much black. Garrosh, war monger, literally sold his faction out to the sha to grab power. Sylvanas, back in WotLK her people plague bombed both factions at Wrathgate. Now in BfA, she'll be doing the same to Lorederon as soon as she's losing. From the book preview, we also see that she is power hungry and her first thought upon discovering Azerite is "This can kill so many people." After that she kills her own people and calls those that just wanted to see their human families one last time a plague that must be prevented from spreading.

All during that, the Horde just goes along with everything. Yeah, they're the evil faction, and that's fine, as players we just need to stop acting like that isn't the case.

Jaina is a decent character, sadly they don't flesh her out enough in game. Hopefully going into BfA we get a bit more attention to her in game because she's been relatively right all along. Horde are only "good" when they're doing things to survive. Other times, they're either actively causing war or biding their time until they cause it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Genn lost his son and his city to an unprovoked attack. He has, of all the Alliance characters, the most reason to hate the Horde.

Jaina lost her city because she decided to let it become a base for the Alliance invasion of Kalimdor in the Cataclysm yet somehow she sees it as 'betrayal' because she held a few useless peace summits there a few years back. Then there was the whole back and forth Bi-polar phase she had in MoP, plus that entire stupid 'prophecy' about her.
    Now in BfA she's supposedly a better mage than a ten thousand year old elf known for bending the literal fabric of time to her will. She's just a plain terrible character with no grounding in reality whatsoever.

It's not about the reasons, although Jaina's are much stupider because the reason her city got destroyed is her fault.

What happened to Genn is called karma he fucked over the alliance of lordaeron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    It's called having common sense. That's how she stopped having solid reasons. The source of her suffering was Garrosh and he was dealt with. Now she's directing her anger at innocents of the Horde. Every single current Horde member was a part of Voljin's revolution.

Jaina has become a zealot.
    That is the thing...you talk about common sense and reason and you forget we are humans not machines such experience I bet 90% of you here if you experience half of what happened to her you will be mentally unstable then tell me about being reasonable.

That is the thing such tragedy can cause a very strong trauma and not everyone can go on in life without having it affecting him/her. There is no such thing as common sense or reasonable when it comes to strong traumatize emotions.

It's easy to become reasonable and have common sense when all of us here sitting in our chairs with pc and stuff while everything is good and calm. But you can't be all reasonable and having common sense when someone experience such traumatizing incident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Jaina Dindu Nuffin Proudmoore comic, does Golden have her paws all over these too?

Nevermind, don't awnser I don't wanna know.

7+ Year Old Account
    the art style sucks and those 3 pages alone are cringe incarnate.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

Anyway, I'm not going to go any further into it, I'm bored of Jaina and discussing her.
    I guess you conveniently avoided the death of her father in WC3 just to try to win the argument? because of her trying to maintain peace between the two factions eh?

Theramore was not always about invading Kalimdor yeah there was some skirmishes here and there before Cata MoP but it was meant to be a sanctuary to avoid the Lich king plague specially after the fall of Lordaeron.

And again you conveniently didn't mention Genn betraying the Alliance before the curse of the Worgens eh?

That is the thing...you talk about common sense and reason and you forget we are humans not machines such experience I bet 90% of you here if you experience half of what happened to her you will be mentally unstable then tell me about being reasonable.

That is the thing such tragedy can cause a very strong trauma and not everyone can go on in life without having it affecting him/her. There is no such thing as common sense or reasonable when it comes to strong traumatize emotions.

It's easy to become reasonable and have common sense when all of us here sitting in our chairs with pc and stuff while everything is good and calm. But you can't be all reasonable and having common sense when someone experience such traumatizing incident.
    That might have been true at first, but it's been three expansions since Theramore was blown up. Time should have given a better perspective. This is basic psychology.

It's not that Jaina going all anti-Horde is bad. It's that she still is exactly the same. No development has occurred.

People seem to have the impression that Golden makes up the whole story herself and then blizzard builds the game around it, which is quite a lot of logic you're willing to throw away just to get mad.

It's starting to look like Jaina is the counterpart to Sylvanas and both might end up having the same fate in bfa. It feels like the whole expansion is just trying to show that both sides are essentially the same. Other pairings being Anduin to Saurfang and Genn to Nathanos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    That might have been true at first, but it's been three expansions since Theramore was blown up. Time should have given a better perspective. This is basic psychology.

It's not that Jaina going all anti-Horde is bad. It's that she still is exactly the same. No development has occurred.
    It's been over 28 years now after Iraq invaded my country and killed so many people and many of my family. Do I hate all Iraqies people? No..do I still have uneasy and trust issues with them? hell yes. Do I still feel traumatize and sadness from time to time? yes I still do even after 28 years.

Three expansions in wow doesn't mean much. Time can mend some wounds for sure but not everything....old hatred can survive for a very very long time.

Genn and Jaina are the only two proper, heavily pro-Alliance characters the Alliance has going forward into Battle for Azeroth. The rest has either had their story wrapped up, are confused as to what they need to do or are subject to Blizzard having no idea what to do with them. I'm glad they're not straying away from their arcs. Both have more than ample reasons to absolutely despise the Horde; Genn's change towards the Forsaken is slight, but appropriate and well-measured.

I am still waiting to see what kind of comics the Horde will get and whether some non-undead characters will get anything appropriate at all. So far BfA for the Horde seems to be all about raising dead, raising Kul Tirans right and left, listening to Sylvanas' undead boyfriend who has anger issues and following Lilian Voss into an unholy march of raising more dead and shitting on her own character.

I'd like to see orcs, trolls, tauren and ogres to get some proper arc and story the likes of Jaina and Genn. All they could come up with for Rexxar is "I love the Horde"; like, seriously lol
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-05-21 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The art looks kinda amateur
    I agree. I mean, I am also studying art and I would never want to be rude or disheartening to another artist, but I'm not fond of the art on this comic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I guess you conveniently avoided the death of her father in WC3 just to try to win the argument? because of her trying to maintain peace between the two factions eh?

Theramore was not always about invading Kalimdor yeah there was some skirmishes here and there before Cata MoP but it was meant to be a sanctuary to avoid the Lich king plague specially after the fall of Lordaeron.

And again you conveniently didn't mention Genn betraying the Alliance before the curse of the Worgens eh?
    What’s her Father’s death got to do with anything? She turned Theramoore into a staging ground all by herself many years after she let him die. Her troops are the ones who attacked the Barrens in Cataclysm, not her daddy’s.

Also what does Genn leaving (Because ‘betraying’, really?) the failing Alliance of Lordaeron have to do with anything? How does that make his hatered of the Horde any less valid? If anything it makes it even more valid because the attack was completely unprovoked.

Are you just pulling bits of lore off wowpedia and hoping something will be relevant to your ‘argument’?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhh. Looking forward to this. Hopefully it can shut up a certain few who harp on where Jaina has been during Legion. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the art style sucks and those 3 pages alone are cringe incarnate.
    The quality of their art team has gone down significantly, starting with Chronicles 3, the Seething Shore loading screen and now this.

Both the WoD and Legion comics had amazing quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The quality of their art team has gone down significantly, starting with Chronicles 3, the Seething Shore loading screen and now this.

Both the WoD and Legion comics had amazing quality.
    Their "art team" are mostly exterior artists hired based on commission, not core artists who sit around waiting to do stuff all day.

But yeah, this comic's artstyle is kind of amateur. I seriously fucking thought I was looking at a fan comic at first, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Ohhh. Looking forward to this. Hopefully it can shut up a certain few who harp on where Jaina has been during Legion. Maybe.
    "I went to fight demons..alone. Whole 2 of them."