Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I honestly can't stand Jaina, she's gone from hating the Horde with a burning passion to forgiving them and recognizing the Horde as diverse with Garrosh being the true villian to hating the Horde to forgiving Thrall to hating the Horde. Like holy shit, it's like plot bipolar disorder.

At this point I hope she either just dies or fades into obscurity. Thrall at least has been somewhat consistent in motives and reasoning, Jaina is just all over the fucking place.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Their "art team" are mostly exterior artists hired based on commission, not core artists who sit around waiting to do stuff all day.

But yeah, this comic's artstyle is kind of amateur. I seriously fucking thought I was looking at a fan comic at first, lol.
    I know; most notably, the department responsible for music has been completely reorganized and music is now composed through one-time contracts, rather than having a dedicated team like they used to.

In all honesty though? Even if they do not have a dedicated art team for various elements of the franchise, they should at least stick to hiring the same ones that have done good in the past.

The Garrosh part looks like some Attack on Titan manga with the Garrosh titan looking over the wall haha
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-05-21 at 11:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What’s her Father’s death got to do with anything? She turned Theramoore into a staging ground all by herself many years after she let him die. Her troops are the ones who attacked the Barrens in Cataclysm, not her daddy’s.

Also what does Genn leaving (Because ‘betraying’, really?) the failing Alliance of Lordaeron have to do with anything? How does that make his hatered of the Horde any less valid? If anything it makes it even more valid because the attack was completely unprovoked.

Are you just pulling bits of lore off wowpedia and hoping something will be relevant to your ‘argument’?

Have you even played WC3 man ? really? what is so hard about understanding her reasons? unless you just played WoW recently and don't know the lore then I will not blame you at all. I am not here to judge or anything but it does seems you started playing WoW in Cataclysm just saying. :P

Long story short basically her father the admiral was the same as the current anti horde Jaina but Jaina didn't agree with her father because she think that there is hope to maintain peace between the Alliance and the Horde. She helped the Horde to kill her father in order to maintain a lasting peace but in the end this was just a dream and her father was right all along...is that even hard to understand?

About Genn I meant both Genn and Jaina had reasons to hate the Horde but Jaina have stronger reasons than him. What happened to Genn is a karma because of his own arrogance but yeah losing his son is sad indeed and as I said they both have good reasons to hate the Horde but Jaina reasons are stronger.

I get it you don't like her character and her developments which is up to you in the end. I am not forcing you to like her or anything like that hell I don't like her either but don't pretend that she doesn't have a strong reason to hate the Horde because this is not true.

And no I am not pulling anything from wowpedia or anything I just know my lore which clearly you don't sense you didn't even see the similarities between current Jaina and her father in WC3.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2018-05-22 at 12:43 AM.

Can Jaina's story just move on already?

Yes, I know, old hatreds and all that, but these days it seems like the only reason she ever shows up is to remind the audience that she used to like the Horde then doesn't like them anymore (with a couple flip-flops in between because it's Blizzard). We got it the first ten times, now actually do something else for pete's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    It's called having common sense. That's how she stopped having solid reasons. The source of her suffering was Garrosh and he was dealt with. Now she's directing her anger at innocents of the Horde. Every single current Horde member was a part of Voljin's revolution.

Jaina has become a zealot.
    That is not really how she is being presented, though. Even in her darkest hour, she managed to divert her anger from the innocents of the Horde. She had somewhat amicable relations with Vol'Jin and Baine, neither of whom she actively hated or anything. Heck, in Legion she actively trusted the Horde enough to fight side by side on the Broken Shore. It is only after the 'betrayal' taking place there that her anger and trust-issues resurface, which is not helped by everyone else being so absolutely accepting of the Horde. I mean yeah, we know both cinematics and we know that Khadgar can do no wrong, but it would be common sense for any ruler to at least be wary of a faction that might have betrayed you recently.
    I think a lot of people still have that kill crazy image of Jaina in their mind. I mean, that comic so far confirmed that she did not just wander the earth and kill every horde member she could. This seems a far cry from late cata/mop Jaina so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, as long as they don't turn her into a figure who takes pride in that she's a WOMAN like Sylvanas, rather than all other things she can take pride in - I'm gonna hope for the best for her.

Deleted
    I'm enjoying Jaina triggering all the hordindus. At least she does her role well, but she still deserves to die for betraying her father.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I'm enjoying Jaina triggering all the hordindus. At least she does her role well, but she still deserves to die for betraying her father.
    Except she doesn't do her role well, really any character that has a fixated hatred on the opposite faction is amazingly uninteresting because we know that character virtually only exists to show up during faction conflict or to stir trouble. Outside of Genn who's actually seemed to come to understand certain good aspects of races like the Forsaken, it's almost never nuanced and just boring.

Rexxar seems like murdering psycho in that pic lol. Iirc he was pretty respectful to both Jaina and Daelin after the whole thing was over in War3.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2018-05-22 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    But she doesn't really do that. What "triggers" people is that she is poorly written character whos character arc is stuck in vicious circle for 5 years, that gets unhealthy amount of exposition because she is favourite character of one of writers.

Seems fine, I don't know why people are throwing huge fits over these pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Rexxar seems like murdering psycho in that pic lol. Iirc he was pretty respectful to both Jaina and Daelin after the whole thing was over.
    He went full hotline miami on that poor fella. I like how effortlessly he picks him up. Jainas daddy went down like a bitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But she doesn't really do that. What "triggers" people is that she is poorly written character whos character arc is stuck in vicious circle for 5 years, that gets unhealthy amount of exposition because she is favourite character of one of writers.
    There's not a single WoW character that's not written poorly these days. Even poor Genn is written as "muh light" character in the new book.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am interested to read this. i guess they are going to add what she was doing in legion, looks like she was fighting the demons solo

also, in before:
    Yay! Shes stronger bestest of all alliance mage!
    Wahhhh! Shes not horde, i hate her, get her killed

nvm way too late
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He went full hotline miami on that poor fella. I like how effortlessly he picks him up. Jainas daddy went down like a bitch.
    I kinda wonder if they made it like that on purpose to show Jaina having twisted memories of the whole thing. I mean it would make sense since this comic will probably double down on her victim complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The art for this comic seems fine so not sure there's an issue there. The whole "Jaina fighting the demons" thing is kind of odd, given that she has almost zero screen time after the Legion pre-event - it would've actually been good to see the marquee BfA NPC's actually do something during Legion as opposed to having their stories back-filled by "Before the Storm" or this comics' events.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GetCrunk View Post
    As long Golden is writing the story for Blizzard is a NO, she has a hard one for Jaina and Anduin
    How many times do people on this forum need to be told that she does not get to make choices like that?

Blizzard decides the plots, they decide who lives and who dies and how, Golden's job is just to fluff it up and display it artistically, Blizzard is the one deciding where it goes, not her... Stop blaming her for the shit you don't like, blame Blizzard, they are the ones who make the decisions.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-05-22 at 12:57 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    <3 Love her!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Ugh, can we just kill her already?
    Naw, Jaina is beginning to become an interesting character again.

After she escapes from prison in Boralus, we already know she is going to get saved by her sister Ana, before Hans tries to kill her. Then she will remove the curse from Ana. Its going to be a happy ending.

I'd much rather off Sylvanas this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisholyness View Post
    Jaina is Adriane from greek mythology confirmed.

That would make Sylvanas.....Dio?
    ---snip---

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-05-22 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Received Infraction