Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Dark elves - evil Void Elves with more spiky aesthetics.
    I would love it! I would love it so f*****g much!

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Dark Iron Dwarves are essentially the Warcraft equivalent of Dwemerr.
    I was thinking, that rather Duergar... Especially those more updated versions, from recent D&D editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Korsha View Post
    Ask the icelandic sagas, still not sure if Dark Elves and Dwarves are different races or the same one.
    Well... Everything evolves. But You have a point here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    i've also thought of a new race myself.
    a big or normal sized race. with a long tail.
    based off of sauropods and other herbivore dinosaurs.
    the tail could have features like club/spikes and other things dinosaurs had.
    and on their head they would have a crest/horn like the parasaurolophus dino.
    and their feet would be sauropod-like.. think elephants.
    Dinosaur race? How about like ones from very old-school 90' RTS "Primitive wars" -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Shoggoth (waifu version)
    And this one is basically more evolved Void Elf, as they are presented now. They have tentacles, they have women. And the Void in Warcraft if very Lovecraftian.
    Last edited by mmoc5cb4a68957; 2018-05-22 at 05:38 PM.

I want Aliens. Blueish, weird legged Aliens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyclops' would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Shoggoth (waifu version)
    I want new void elf options now.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Mapinguari - a jungle moster, covered in fur, with only one eye in the center of its face. The mouth is in its belly instead of its head. Eats human flesh.

Antropophagi - a person without a head, with a face in its torso. Also eats human flesh.

Boitata - a giant snake of fire, which burns those who disturb its forests.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    We had nordic mythology with titan watchers, I want some greek love with Zeus and all that stuff. Maybe titan watchers of another planet when we go there?
    The Titan watchers of Azeroth are also the watchers for the rest of the universe...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

5+ Year Old Account
    Penanggalan
    This, just make them from night elves killed by the Horde.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

10+ Year Old Account
    The Manticore:

"Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    with tentacle chins and tails?

Drowner seem like Forsaken Jinyu
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Shapeshifting reptilians - Dragons cover the shapeshifting part, while the Sethrak cover the reptilians.
    Reticulans (Grey Alliens) - No. These don't fit at all, IMO.
    Curupira - Other that the weird foot, I think Trolls have this covered.
    Drowner - Undead Jinyu?
    Striga - Not sure where this one fits. Too close to beastly animals? Undead predators? Could work, maybe?
    Classical Merfolk - aka Naga
    Firbolg - Giant elves?
    Dwemer - Tech elves?
    Xenomorph - Too many licensing issues. Might could be interesting, but doubtful. Not sure where it would fit.
    Cyclops - One eyed Ogres
    Greek Gianst - Snake Naga?
    Sapient Orangutan - Hmm... maybe.

Chupacabra - This is a winner

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    Sapient Orangutan - Hmm... maybe.
    Zandalar actually has these, a tribe of apes who happen to live near vents of Kaja'mite and have had their intellects enhanced to near-human levels as a result. Not sure if they go beyond their little quest-chain near Zuldazar, but they're present nonetheless.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    That's like a textbook definition of the draenei.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    The classic snake men warriors from the King's Field series and they brought them back in Dark Souls Sen's Fortress. :P
    Doesn't differs much from the Pathfinders Serpentfolk, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Spriggans, like in Skyrim.
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Spriggan_(Skyrim)
    Of course the Botani and Drust are quite similar to this. But, what I'd love to see in addition to "plant people" is an entire society built around them in WoW. They could have an actual city that looks inspired by nature, but is not just nature itself.
    It's great idea. Maybe with Botani as allied race we could get something like you describe?

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The Titan watchers of Azeroth are also the watchers for the rest of the universe...
    So there in no hope for other mythologies?

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Mapinguari - a jungle moster, covered in fur, with only one eye in the center of its face. The mouth is in its belly instead of its head. Eats human flesh.
    Also one of my favorites. Would be another great addition to jungle regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandurp Failermoon View Post
    Penanggalan
    This, just make them from night elves killed by the Horde.
    Awesome. I love it.
    But I'm not sure, if it would not be little to drastic for WoW...

(...)
    Oh... You have few nice points here. I'd try to however answer some of them.

Curupira - Other that the weird foot, I think Trolls have this covered.
    Nooo... Trolls live in cities, create civilizations etc.
    Curupira is rather nature guardian. More like dryads, or original satyrs (not WoW ones). It acts in jungles, similar way dryads act in temperate forests.

Drowner - Undead Jinyu?
    Striga - Not sure where this one fits. Too close to beastly animals? Undead predators? Could work, maybe?
    It's like calling vampire "zombie bat"...

Both of those are supposed to be undead humans, heavily altered by curse that brought them to undeath. More altered, than vampires, and ghouls. And so - drowners somethimes are presented with fins and some fish scales, and sometimes more like inflated bodies of drowned people. Just like vampire is sometimes presented more heavily altered and monster like. Where would such creatures fit in Warcraft universe? Well, for sure to Scourge, as it is rather unlikely for Sylvanas to curse raised people in more fancy ways. However we are getting vampires, would it be strange, if they came to us with some their close relatives?

Classical Merfolk - aka Naga
    Well... Maybe if You cut of "classical".

I'd see them rather as possible be future ally, encountered during fight with the Naga.

Firbolg - Giant elves?
    Dwemer - Tech elves?
    Well... Ok, but before You shout me with "no more elves". Cause from all their existing diversity, I chose ones, that really have some advantages -

I totally agree, that Firbolg in recent D&D editions have become turned into something like slightly clumsy, Vyrkul sized Night Elf with more fur, and red nose. However it's new appearance is in fact... surprisingly appealing, in its own, specific way. And this is why similar creatures should IMHO be always under consideration.

And "Tech elves" as You described Dwemer - they are easy to fit, cause if we go under the surface of Azeroth, there would be in fact no need for explanation of finding other remnants of Kaldorei empire. Turning into other ways of life, than Arcane. And here comes Tech Elf - with proper, well styled steampunk. Still rather rarely used concept. Moreover - we hear from some time requests about Tinker class, despite only few races being for now technologically advanced. Well - that could always be another one

Xenomorph - Too many licensing issues. Might could be interesting, but doubtful. Not sure where it would fit.
    Oh, I'm not advocating here straight copy past. Just regular parallel development... In fact You can encounter creatures similar to Xenomorphs in some fantasy settings. They are somehow easy to use.

Cyclops - One eyed Ogres
    Agree. Hoverer, also note, that having two headed ogres not stopped Blizzard from implementation proper Ettin.

Greek Giants - Snake Naga?
    Oh, no. For sure not.

In myth they are youngest children of protogenoi Gaia. They are strongly earth connected, in fact they could be easy considered half-elementals by modern standard. When encountered in fight, Greek Giant have to be somehow cut out of contact with his mother, because as long it reaches the earth, regenerates own strength constantly.

Where could creature fits in Warcraft universe? To Breakers - as dangerous as Gronn, if not more, but usually much more well military organized on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Zandalar actually has these, a tribe of apes who happen to live near vents of Kaja'mite and have had their intellects enhanced to near-human levels as a result. Not sure if they go beyond their little quest-chain near Zuldazar, but they're present nonetheless.
    And there is also Sapient Gorilla in Hearthstone. What could be a hint, if wee remember, that Tortollans were first shown there.

However I never saw orangutan in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Native American Wendigo. I know we have some yeti mobs with the name Wendigo already, but I'd prefer one with a closer adaptation of the Native American version.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Dark elves - evil Void Elves with more spiky aesthetics.
    Sooooo... ..San'layn.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

DUCKS.

Something I'd like for them to add is something that is faceless. I thought this concept for ethereals but it could also be used for basically anything they come up with - a faceless creature that has different masks, inspired by the Venetian carnival masks as a customization option... you know, something that is a tad more sinister in looks, rather lifeless instead of the savage or undead thing they usually go for.
    Maybe even get a mask-off option and have a weird looking humanoid with no face healing you, or even ganking you while you're in War Mode.

I'd race change in a second if I could have a regal looking faceless creature wearing an embellished spooky mask.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Sooooo... ..San'layn.
    I hope no. I hope San'layn get little bit monstrous, Nosferatu appearance.

Void Elves are already rooted in Warhammer-like dark elves style. It was obvious for me, since Blizzard showed first icons of their equipment. They just need to be pushed little bit further.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    The Native American Wendigo. I know we have some yeti mobs with the name Wendigo already, but I'd prefer one with a closer adaptation of the Native American version.
    You mean another heavily altered undead? I agree, that they wasted this name. It could be used for much more interesting creature...

Last edited by mmoc5cb4a68957; 2018-05-23 at 12:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    so, dwarves?
    Derogatory term used by the races of Nirn. The dwemer or deep folk ask they called themselves weren't actually diminutive and were around the height of an average human.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Drustvar animate junk piles are pretty much this. Expect La Lechuza to make an appearance as well.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard