Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Yes, the first movie of a franchise is always the worst one.

The sequels are always the best ones.
    Nostalgiacs are always idiots.

I'd hope they'd bring back the old layout as I do like it and it has ist own "charm"... but this specific Website will not last Long. People ain't gonna use it just because it Looks like that... and the Website contains Content that is owned by Blizzard and I don't think the creator has asked them for permission, so this won't last Long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Nostalgiacs are always idiots.
    LOL, in entertainment and art?

Metal Gear Solid 5 compared to all previous MGS's?
    Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 compared to all recent sonic games?
    Devil May Cry 1 compared to this bullshit we have today?

Leonardo da Vinci painted Mona Lisa first and then he painted this

Surely his most recent work is always better than the previous one.
    Because "new" is always better...
    right? roflmao

Its fucking "art". Just because is a most recent piece of work doesnt mean is better.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-05-23 at 01:02 AM.

Would be bad ass if they made the forums like that once again once it's released.

Why are you talking about art, anyway? It's not like you knew anything about it.

Deleted
    Why are you talking about art, anyway? It's not like you knew anything about it.
    This is you dodging the argument in hand.

Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-05-23 at 04:16 AM.

Ah that takes me back, I remember when my boys would just sit there and look at the armor pages for all the classes.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

OMG I didn't even realize how much nostalgia I have for that
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

This is you dodging the argument in hand.

What argument? Shut the hell up. A 2004 forum is not equipped for 2018 media consumption. Welcome to reality. There's nothing to discuss.

Deleted
    What argument? Shut the hell up. A 2004 forum is not equipped for 2018 media consumption. Welcome to reality. There's nothing to discuss.
    You said "nostalgics are always idiots"

I gave you examples where in entertainment and art the newest product is not always the better than the previous product.

So no, i can be nostalgic about the first Star Wars movies and not be stupid, thank you very much.
    I can also think Vanilla WoW is a better game than Legion without being an idiot.

But go ahead, continue calling us stupid and avoiding my arguments like a true pro.

You said "nostalgics are always idiots"

I gave you examples where in entertainment and art the newest product is not always the better than the previous product.

So no, i can be nostalgic about the first Star Wars movies and not be stupid, thank you very much.
    I can also think Vanilla WoW is a better game than Legion without being an idiot.

But go ahead, continue calling us stupid and avoiding my arguments like a true pro.
    Nostalgiacs are always idiots. Your examples suck. Modern WoW is better than classic WoW. Most bands I like released better albums in their later career, because they were better, more experienced artists. I'm better at my job today than 2 years ago, because I became more knowledgeable and experienced with time. I'm a better athlete than I was 10 years ago through training, knowledge and experience. I write better music today than I did 8 years ago, because in the meantime I studied, practiced and became a smarter and more sensible artist.

Same goes for everything anyone does in life. Nostalgiacs don't get it, because they're stupid and tend to close their minds to the new, different and unknown because it overchallenges them intellectually or frightens them emotionally.

You won't be getting a 2004 WoW forum. And now you must bugger off.

Nostalgiacs are always idiots. Your examples suck. Modern WoW is better than classic WoW. Most bands I like released better albums in their later career, because they were better, more experienced artists. I'm better at my job today than 2 years ago, because I became more knowledgeable and experienced with time. I'm a better athlete than I was 10 years ago through training, knowledge and experience. I write better music today than I did 8 years ago, because in the meantime I studied, practiced and became a smarter and more sensible artist.
    You were onto something game-wise until you started making analogies about sports and job performance with a sweeping generalization. Should have kept the analogies to video games. Wouldn't even fly with movies because everyone knows Star Wars today is drizzling shits compared to the original trilogy, but I digress.

Yeah, this is a non-news thread about an uneventful endeavor. The best that can be hoped for is if Blizzard decides to do their own classic forums to go along with their classic game severs. More likely they'll send the cease and desist letter and go back to eating lean pockets and working on retail with classic on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    You were onto something game-wise until you started making analogies about sports and job performance with a sweeping generalization. Should have kept the analogies to video games. Wouldn't even fly with movies because everyone knows Star Wars today is drizzling shits compared to the original trilogy, but I digress.
    Who the hell cares. The OP started with the stupid comparisons, not me. "Old stuff is always better" is as untrue of an assessment as is "new stuff is always better".

Further, modern Hollywood movies are industry products and not "art". An internet forum is not "art". What's with the stupid discussion anyway? There will be no 2004 HTML and SQL in 2018. No matter how much the OP thinks that everything used to be better back in the day.

Who the hell cares. The OP started with the stupid comparisons, not me. "Old stuff is always better" is as untrue of an assessment as is "new stuff is always better".

Further, modern Hollywood movies are industry products and not "art". An internet forum is not "art". What's with the stupid discussion anyway? There will be no 2004 HTML and SQL in 2018. No matter how much the OP thinks that everything used to be better back in the day.
    OP's knowledge or lack-there-of HTML aside, I think OP more or less wants a vanilla-looking forum to go along with the upcoming vanilla-looking game servers because OP as nostalgic as you pointed out. Nothing wrong with that, and this thread is just hoping to get enough traction (along with the shiny replica that just screams of cease and desist) so Blizzard might notice and decide they'll do something similar. Otherwise, this is as pointless as most other threads on these boards which wouldn't surprise me anyway.

Leonardo da Vinci painted Mona Lisa first and then he painted this

Surely his most recent work is always better than the previous one.
    Because "new" is always better...
    right? roflmao

Its fucking "art". Just because is a most recent piece of work doesnt mean is better.
    The Mona Lisa wasn't his first painting....... '

In fact any artists "first" is most likely one of if not the most shittiest creation they have made

15+ Year Old Account
    I like that they even use Battle.net integration for the login process.

This gonna get shut down so hard.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah the beauty of not having a counter argument.

Priceless

WoW is a videogame. Is entertainment. Is art.
    The sequels in the entertainment business are not always better than the originals.
    And this is what I meant with being delusional. But don't worry I'll just ignore you now I'm tired of seeing your ridiculous posts anyway.

Enjoy classic wow, we both know it'll be the first time you get to.

Holy shit, love this!

Love the old version of the forums! Would be awsome if blizz where to implement something similar with the release of Classic

Deleted

Same goes for everything anyone does in life. Nostalgiacs don't get it, because they're stupid and tend to close their minds to the new, different and unknown because it overchallenges them intellectually or frightens them emotionally.

You won't be getting a 2004 WoW forum. And now you must bugger off.
    AH!
    You are saying in "music" (which by the way is your ONLY good example, because is entertainment and art like videogames are)
    the newest Album is always the better one? LOL im pretty sure you are not familiar with most bands situation. Michael jackson? Metallica? Linkin Park?

The rest of your examples is not entertainment nor art.
    Is physical strenght and job experience. Jobs that dont require the use of imagination.

I already told you actual video game examples where the old ones are better than the new ones.
    This is not always the case...but is possible, contrary to what you are saying, that "nostalgics are always stupid".

By your logic Legion was the best expansion Blizzard ever released (and WOD was the second best, lol)
    Legion > WOD > MoP > Cata > Wotlk > TBC > Vanilla (in order from best to worst)
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-05-23 at 03:15 PM.