Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But the whole point is that its not really a prophecy. It was a time skip.
    Source? 10chars?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Source? 10chars?
    The whole thing says "many years later". That indicates time skip and not prophecy.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Source? 10chars?
    It says X years later.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    It was not a prophecy but a time skip.
    Don't worry, there is no fucking way he actually lives to be an old man.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    and yet the comic is still canon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    With golden being part of blizzard ? There is no fucking way he will actually die.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    A gift for you:
    -snip-
    Doesn't meme spamming land you an infraction?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Alexander the Great didn't have everyone kissing his feet until after he accomplished a number of legendary deeds.

My problem with Anduin isn't that he's good at things (most characters in WoW are good at things just because), it's that everybody fawns over him and accepts him as their lord and savior before he even proves he's good at things. Plus him being the noblest and purest guy ever is just redundant on top of being the best Priest ever, automatically High King because he's the human and the Alliance is really the Empire of Man, and having the most ironclad plot armor of any character I've ever seen this side of Daenerys in GoT. That does make him feel like everything wrong with fantasy writing, now he just needs an elf girlfriend and he's truly complete in his self-insert Mary Sue-ness.
    I don't really agree that everyone fawns over Anduin in the manner you (and others) put forth - I don't see any evidence of it in the game, or in the external material. I will agree that Anduin receives favorable treatment from his peers that I don't feel he's earned, most of which you can chalk up to transference from his father (a beloved leader with nearly 100% approval from his people at the end of his life who died tragically and heroically in a war). I don't see any evidence of his being "the best Priest ever," nor of having "ironclad plot armor" because as of yet he's not been put in a situation where his life was in jeopardy (outside of the Divine Bell incident, which did almost succeed in killing him and laid him up for a goodly time even in a world with magical healing available).

Yes, giving him a Void or High-Elf wife would be bad - I can think of a dozen or so developments that would be super cringey to bestow on him. But then, I can do that for most characters in WoW, which means Anduin is nothing special in that particular department.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't really agree that everyone fawns over Anduin in the manner you (and others) put forth - I don't see any evidence of it in the game, or in the external material. I will agree that Anduin receives favorable treatment from his peers that I don't feel he's earned, most of which you can chalk up to transference from his father (a beloved leader with nearly 100% approval from his people at the end of his life who died tragically and heroically in a war). I don't see any evidence of his being "the best Priest ever," nor of having "ironclad plot armor" because as of yet he's not been put in a situation where his life was in jeopardy (outside of the Divine Bell incident, which did almost succeed in killing him and laid him up for a goodly time even in a world with magical healing available).

Yes, giving him a Void or High-Elf wife would be bad - I can think of a dozen or so developments that would be super cringey to bestow on him. But then, I can do that for most characters in WoW, which means Anduin is nothing special in that particular department.
    The guy mass rezzes an entire battlefield. The only character who has displayed powers even close to that was freaking Eonar(and Terenas for some unexplainable reason). And his plot armor comes from that comic which explicitly states he will live long and prosper until he leads the forces of the Light against the Void. Yes, the comic can and probably will be retconned, but until it is Anduin can't die.

He's also just a boring character in general, and cringe enough as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The guy mass rezzes an entire battlefield. The only character who has displayed powers even close to that was freaking Eonar(and Terenas for some unexplainable reason). And his plot armor comes from that comic which explicitly states he will live long and prosper until he leads the forces of the Light against the Void. Yes, the comic can and probably will be retconned, but until it is Anduin can't die.

He doesn't "mass rez" the battlefield, that's already been described as a "mass heal," and isn't too beyond the pale for a powerful NPC's capabilities in any case. The possible prophecy that has him alive as an older man doesn't mean he can't be hurt, humbled, broken, or otherwise injured between now and then, either. Death is not the end-all and be-all of bad outcomes a character can have, after all; and the Anduin in that vision looks like he has seen some shit between where he is now and where he will be if it does indeed pan out.

I agree that Anduin is kind of boring in that he's cut from pretty bog-standard lawful good cloth - but he's not really even cringey (that would at least be somewhat interesting).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

His massress + PWB + BL combo is now a simple massheal + PWB + BL combo... Him casting massress was a bit too OP, so people agreed on something a bit more down to earth.

On a side note, it also implies that the Horde can't kill anyone for shit as victims can be healed up.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-05-23 at 06:44 PM.

He doesn't "mass rez" the battlefield, that's already been described as a "mass heal," and isn't too beyond the pale for a powerful NPC's capabilities in any case. The possible prophecy that has him alive as an older man doesn't mean he can't be hurt, humbled, broken, or otherwise injured between now and then, either. Death is not the end-all and be-all of bad outcomes a character can have, after all; and the Anduin in that vision looks like he has seen some shit between where he is now and where he will be if it does indeed pan out.

I agree that Anduin is kind of boring in that he's cut from pretty bog-standard lawful good cloth - but he's not really even cringey (that would at least be somewhat interesting).
    It should be beyond the abilities of a guy who has used Priest abilities for maybe 5-6 years. This is Velen-tier shit and he does it with barely a sweat broken as everyone looks on and gawks. It was BS when Thrall was the best Shaman ever at maybe 30 years of age, it's BS when Anduin displays such powers when he's barely 20. Cutscene power existing before doesn't make it interesting now.

And it's still textbook plot armor. It doesn't mean he can't be harmed in the meantime, but we know he won't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Doesn't meme spamming land you an infraction?
    Mod Edit: Don't discuss moderation.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-05-23 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Removed Moderator Discussion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    His massress + PWB + BL combo is now a simple massheal + PWB + BL combo... Him casting massress was a bit too OP, so people agreed on something a bit more down to earth.

On a side note, it also implies that the Horde can't kill anyone for shit as victims can be healed up.
    Its JRPG rule - everyone just loses conciousness unless its full party wipe.

Yeah but he doesn't have toxic masculinity, soooooooooooo...... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that Alexander the Great was 20 when he succeeded his father as King of Macedon
    He also didn't believe in the pipe dream of world peace due to naive idealism instilled by a life of no consequences. He also wasn't doing the heavy lifting but rather his well-trained professional soldiers, all of whom were older than he. He also didn't do anything beyond conquer a large swath of land that was once Persia and that rapidly broke apart as soon as he kicked off. I'm not sure why these accomplishments are considered great, he may have lead a well trained army to victory over a crumbling Persian empire, but he didn't exactly do much for the stability and duration of that empire. Someone like Marcus Aurelius or even Genghis Khan has more staying power than Alexander and all of them were far older when they lead their conquests and when they died.
    As for Anduin, his age is definitely an issue, but far worse is his moronic idealism that flies in the face of the suffering visited upon member races of the Alliance directly by the Horde, be it Genn, Jaina and now Tyrande all of whom saw their people slaughtered and homes destroyed by the Horde not by the Legion or the scourge or Deathwing, but the Horde. No one should give a damn what Anduin thinks or has to say regarding this war, and the fact he's given center stage instead of being told to shut up and mind his own business as a human king of Stormwind (and not the supreme leader of the Alliance) and nothing more is why the Alliance will always be terribly written. Anduin needs to understand that justice sometimes means wet work, and the Horde has to pay in blood for what they did. MAYBE that will change but I doubt it considering just how much Golden loves Anduin as this mary sue hugbox champion and spits on the rest of the Alliance.
    Last edited by Blizzard Moneybot; 2018-05-23 at 06:50 PM.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its JRPG rule - everyone just loses conciousness unless its full party wipe.
    Guess the Horde is FFA fighting then... >_>

Deleted
    Its just Human potencial

5+ Year Old Account
    But even better would be it doesn't change, Anduin clings to his naive aspirations for a hugbox with the Horde and the Alliance breaks apart, it can coincide with the Horde breaking apart as individual races drop out of following Sylvanas' plans of Alliance annihilation and FINALLY we can be done with these retarded factions and start focusing on the individual races that players actually care about. Separate peaces are made and the factions die once and for all.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    The dude was trained by Velen, Bolvar, and Ony. Not to mention countless generals and shit since he was like 8.
    Op has a stick in his ass about the writing, But this quote hits in on the nail, He's a prince so he most likely got the royal treatment of training, schooling etc + he has the passion and heart to as become as great if not greater than his father, The type of power that can turn anyone backstreet loser into a noble hero.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld