Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    You kids today have it rough with all this modern social media crap.
    I'm probably a bit older than average and I found my GF on an old fashioned dating site.
    Browse through some profiles and pictures. See something interesting and you start chatting. After a few nice chat sessions (nothing too serious!), you ask her for a date. If she doesn't bite, don't waste any more time and find a new candidate. It's just another way to meet people and it's quite efficient because you can filter out a lot in advance, based on the profiles, pictures and chat sessions. And even then most dates will fail, of course they will, but when you're lucky you will find a match and actually fall in love.
    We simultaneously deleted our profiles afterwards.... awww.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    With kids! Looking for love.
    Yeah, disgusting, right?

My only issue with dating has been with some American women. They can't tell the difference between someone living with mom and dad, and an adult who moves an ailing parent in with them to help the parent out.

I'm 36, with a 3000 sq ft house, a career, and all that, I moved my ailing mother in with me to help her out and so she could have help and not be alone. Apparently that is a black mark for some women.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    My only issue with dating has been with some American women. They can't tell the difference between someone living with mom and dad, and an adult who moves an ailing parent in with them to help the parent out.
    If your issue is that some women think as if you're living in your mum's basement then sure, it's on them and well, you dodged a bullet but if your problem is that some people would prefer a partner without a parent living in with them/having a kid/etc then I am not sure it's a thing to be upset about. As long as they are not cunts about it I do not see a problem in politely declining someone over an issue like this (which is quite a huge thing imo).

You can, of course, argue that what happens if someone's parent becomes seriously ill after 10 years of being in a relationship etc and it's a fair point but then the circumstances are already different, you may be able to get another solution etc.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2018-05-24 at 09:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Deleted
    Guys, stop for a minute and listen.

You have to also bring value to a relationship yourself. Stop expecting women to date you if you and your life have zero value!

Unlike men, who can basically date almost any women that looks at least half decent, women value you based on more than just looks.
    What do you bring to the table? Look at your social life (social proof is imo one of the big factors in dating), your work life and career, the prospects you bring for her to build a life on etc.

If you play videogames for hours ever day, work some crappy job, dress like a slob and your social circle is also like that... Yeah, good luck with that in the dating scene.
    You better be extremely physically attractive then, or you might as well buy yourself one of those weeb pillows.

Want to date women? Start building a life first. Your mantra should ALWAYS be: keep stacking value to your life.
    Do this and watch your life change over time and you attract people into it that you never thought were within reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    If your issue is that some women think as if you're living in your mum's basement then sure, it's on them and well, you dodged a bullet but if your problem is that some people would prefer a partner without a parent living in with them/having a kid/etc then I am not sure it's a thing to be upset about. As long as they are not cunts about it I do not see a problem in politely declining someone over an issue like this (which is quite a huge thing imo).

You can, of course, argue that what happens if someone's parent becomes seriously ill after 10 years of being in a relationship etc and it's a fair point but then the circumstances are already different, you may be able to get another solution etc.
    It's not really a huge thing, really, considering I wouldn't be in any rush to move in with a woman and she just lives with me, she doesn't need a nurse. My issue was more just the women who see it as the same thing.

It's not a huge deal per se, might just be better for me to write off western women for anything serious, just write it off as a quirk of culture. Hasn't been an issue with girls from Latin America, Asia, or other areas that I've dated.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2018-05-24 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That really just seems like denialism to me. I guess you can believe what you like about the topic, but for the vast majority of men, it's very hard to find a fat woman even slightly attractive.
    Trust me, you'd be surprised. Physical attraction is not the simple thing pop culture would have you believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once a girl told me I'm not a man because I dont drink alco and dont watch football (actually happened to me twice, lol) :|
    Happy I found a girl who shares same interests.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

We should all get banned for derailing the thread.

It started out as such a nice self-pitying whine thread. And now look what we did to it

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    We should all get banned for derailing the thread.

It started out as such a nice self-pitying whine thread. And now look what we did to it
    Don't celebrate yet. You realize we are only minutes away from another man child coming along and whining, then you'll have to derail all over again.
    That's honestly MMOC in a nutshell.

gay dating isn't any easier...everybody just wants to hook up, i'm 25 now and i can count on one hand how many times i've been on an actual date...most just want to hook up and if they agree to a date, the majority flake and ghost you on the day you're supposed to meet up :| makes me wish i was straight at times, but then i see what straight dating is like and i wish i was asexual instead lmao

and you better be 10/10 with abs, masculine and white. no fems, no fats, no blacks, no asians. masc4masc only (guys actually have that in their profile)

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post

I'm 36, with a 3000 sq ft house, a career, and all that, I moved my ailing mother in with me to help her out and so she could have help and not be alone. Apparently that is a black mark for some women.
    American woman here, I think what you are doing for your mother is very kind, and not to be looked down upon. If someone can't see that, that's their problem, not yours.

Deleted
    What does that even mean? You think raising children isn't responsibility and work? Oh yeah, because the woman does it, so it's worthless. Out of what magic sleeve are you pulling the time needed to raise your children? Seriously, those kinds of comments in this day and age. We must have not come very far since stone age. Really.
    Nowhere in my post do I mention that raising children is easy. What are you on about? Did you quote the wrong guy lol?

My point was there are 2 different kind of single moms.
    1) Those who have a perfectly fine selfsustainable life, i.e has a normal full time job, but simply broke up with their partner.
    2) Those single moms who have been on financial support their entire life because they couldn't be bothered to put in the effort for a proper education and a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    American woman here, I think what you are doing for your mother is very kind, and not to be looked down upon. If someone can't see that, that's their problem, not yours.
    That's generally been the attitude of most of the women I've dated, the only exception being a handful of Americans. Could just be anecdotal, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    Nowhere in my post do I mention that raising children is easy. What are you on about? Did you quote the wrong guy lol?

My point was there are 2 different kind of single moms.
    1) Those who have a perfectly fine selfsustainable life, i.e has a normal full time job, but simply broke up with their partner.
    2) Those single moms who have been on financial support their entire life because they couldn't be bothered to put in the effort for a proper education and a job.
    So you don't agree with somebody elses life choices. And that is your business because?

Deleted
    So you don't agree with somebody elses life choices. And that is your business because?
    I think you're having a stroke

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post

1999 called they want their Matrix monologue back.
    Smith wasn't wrong. We do suck, and we are a cancer.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Women are not complicated, they are just different. Where men rely on logic, women rely on emotions (how they feel in the moment). Women rarely use direct communication (in person that is, online experiences may vary due to anonymity), they are subtle, covert, in-between the lines. You can read their body language (and facial expressions, what they look at and how) to figure out their feelings and thus what their words actually mean (that's when "I have a boyfriend" means "I don't want to go out with you", "fine" is not "fine", "no" is not "no" and "yes" is not "yes", etc). Most people are unaware of their own body language, because it's unconscious. You can google the body language signs and what they mean.

It's a universal language - AND IT IS VERY SIMPLE. Simpler than English for a native English speaker. You just look at her and she's an open book (on a specific page, you should keep up with the conversation). You can even play with her using your body language (google body language mirroring), but she must like you for this to work
    You must get a lot of pussy there mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Dont worry. Sex bots are coming... then none of us have to worry about dating.
    I know this is intended in jest, but it will be very interesting to see just what impact sex bots will have on society. People forget that women are just as likely to use one as men.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.