Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I loved what they did in Last Jedi.

Some parts were silly, but if you don't think the original trilogy was you're living in a dream world.

I like how they gave The Force something like agency in Last Jedi. All the force cares about is balance, so if you have too strong a "light" character then "darkness" will rise up to meet it. If things swing too far to "The Dark" then "The Light" will find a champion and The Force itself will guide these avatars to where they need to be to try and achieve balance.

I mean sure there were still some things that didn't make sense - like why didn't they hyperspace missile a few of the other ships that were running out of fuel? Or is the new Rebel Alliance just a group of cells or were they actually literally the last of the Rebels and the senatorial army being hunted down by the New Order which somehow despite being the dregs of the Empire is well enough funded to have planet busting mega-super-star-destroyers?

But that's all window dressing and just makes for a fun story framed by the theme of The Force's tidal nature.

The Last Jedi was amazing because it dared not to be rehashed fan service.

Kathleen Kennedy has been behind almost every bad decision lately in the star wars universe and has been on record saying she has an agenda with these movies. Hollywood has been infiltrated by Activists who are more interested in shoving a progressive message down the throats of the public than to tell a good story. They are also backward in their thinking. They think Equality in the case of movies is doing the same movies as before, but reversing the genders.

Take Ghostbusters for example. Equality would be having 2 men and 2 women on the team and they play off eachother. However since they went the all female route to send a progressive message they ended up botching what should have been a fun movie for the whole family and only made it fun for Progressives who wanted to be smug and tell the world "WOMEN ARE GHOSTBUSTERS! DEAL WITH IT!!!" when any ghostbusters fan would have told you we already had a Female Ghostbuster...hell we even had a ghostbuster in a WHEELCHAIR. Paul Fieg Botched the movie badly by making it political rather than fun.

All in all Politics have invaded every aspect of our lives now. Which is sad cause Movies, Video games, etc used to be tools for ESCAPISM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaLiSs View Post
    I just don't see any good reason why Disney decided to just throw away all those years of lore already written just to write something new.. especially considering its absolute SHITE. The only good thing from the new movies in my opinion is Kylo Ren, just because I really like how Adam Driver portrays the character. I liked Poe Dameron but he was a bit annoying/useless in TLJ.

So I just decided to see the new Star Wars movies as some alternate reality films that don't matter.
    I think the biggest issue with the larger EU stuff was that a good chunk of it didn't match up. What happened in one book didn't effect another. Or just straight up errors.

I mean, that being said, even the prequels vs the original had holes as far as lore not adding up properly.

This gave them the ability to go fresh and not have to dodge and weave through the ball of knotted Christmas Lights that would have been inherited from Lucas' EU. They can cherry pick what they like. Ben Solo seems to be a lot of Jacen Solo with a possible bit of Jaina. They've brought Thrawn into the Rebels cartoon and comic world, which is canon within the new Saga.

I think it was wise, personally.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just don't see any good reason why Disney decided to just throw away all those years of lore already written just to write something new.. especially considering its absolute SHITE. The only good thing from the new movies in my opinion is Kylo Ren, just because I really like how Adam Driver portrays the character. I liked Poe Dameron but he was a bit annoying/useless in TLJ.

So I just decided to see the new Star Wars movies as some alternate reality films that don't matter.
    simple answer, probably money.
    if you use characters and/or stories created by X, you probably owe them something (even if they are writing within your franchise, and had been allowed/paid to do so).
    if you wipe the slate clean and use all "original" (hah) stories and characters of your own you're just fine in that regard. regardless of how you damaged your universe. not that i think the vong arc, followed by the fall of jacen and what amounts to rehashing of the 1-6 story arc were great directions to take the universe, but they sure beat the trashfest and story rehash that are episodes 7-8 for the moment (yes, i put the "legends" extended arcs into spoiler tags, just so people won't complain at me)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Disney didn't fucked Star Wars. JJ Abrams did.
    JJ Abrams (as much as I hate dislike what he did with Star Trek) did not fuck Starwars. Disney, did not fuck Starwars.
    Kathleen Kennedy, the head of Lucasfilm, she fucked Star Wars, not once, not twice, and by all accounts, not even three time but possibly four times (I am yet to see Solo, waiting for it on blu-ray)

With a vast amount of canon and non-canon material to work with and the clean slate that was left at the end of RotJ she could have created a film series with all new characters that appealed to the old fans, and attracted new fans. Instead we get two films rehashing the original trilogy but with a huge feminist overtones, extremely poor, very predictable story-lines basically shitting all over the franchise that took decades to set up. She is absolutely not the right person to be in control of film franchise that is beloved by people for the past 40 years.

Disney need to get their act together and find someone who is actually a fan of the series, Take a look at what Kevin Feige has managed to do with Marvel Studios who are also part of Disney. You can see in those films that the people in control do it for the love of the material and don't have agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    Kathleen Kennedy has been behind almost every bad decision lately in the star wars universe and has been on record saying she has an agenda with these movies. Hollywood has been infiltrated by Activists who are more interested in shoving a progressive message down the throats of the public than to tell a good story. They are also backward in their thinking. They think Equality in the case of movies is doing the same movies as before, but reversing the genders.

Take Ghostbusters for example. Equality would be having 2 men and 2 women on the team and they play off eachother. However since they went the all female route to send a progressive message they ended up botching what should have been a fun movie for the whole family and only made it fun for Progressives who wanted to be smug and tell the world "WOMEN ARE GHOSTBUSTERS! DEAL WITH IT!!!" when any ghostbusters fan would have told you we already had a Female Ghostbuster...hell we even had a ghostbuster in a WHEELCHAIR. Paul Fieg Botched the movie badly by making it political rather than fun.

All in all Politics have invaded every aspect of our lives now. Which is sad cause Movies, Video games, etc used to be tools for ESCAPISM.
    Hmm, Looking at that movie I thought it was the opposite of women empowerment message. It made them look like complete idiots. Soooo glad I didn’t go to theaters for that one, it was really hard to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    You mean, disney, along with Abrams, along with feminists/progressives and SJW's did.
    Someone is on the wrong side of history and is very angry about it. You have to face the facts. Star Wars is not for angry nerds anymore. it is for kids. If you can't deal with that please leave the rest of us fans alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Someone is on the wrong side of history and is very angry about it. You have to face the facts. Star Wars is not for angry nerds anymore. it is for kids. If you can't deal with that please leave the rest of us fans alone.
    And this is why people hate progressives and SJWs - Star Wars should be for EVERYONE not just one demographic. You all think you're being inclusive just because you added a few Tokens to the star wars mythos but you have barely given them character development, or reason for being there. You dismiss everyone critical of this fact as simply hating women, or minorities, when in reality, the majority are just passionate fans who don't wish to see their favorite series die out.

You know why Marvel movies make hand over fist in money? They have progressive politics in it but its in the BACKGROUND and its hardly noticed. First and Foremost they want to tell a good story. That is why people keep coming back to these movies. They dont have to stir up controversy to try to get people to see movies simply out of "OMG they really did that???" They dont have to make the Hulk Pansexual in order to drive ticket sales. No they simply have to make Hulk Smash and they fill theaters and make millions. Marvel Movies succeed because they are for everyone and FUCK SJWs and progressives trying to make Black Panther political and say white people cant see it. That shit is EXCLUSIONARY and How does it heal the divide between people rather than twist the knife of hatred in deeper?

Quote Originally Posted by Stabbyfists View Post
    And this is why people hate progressives and SJWs - Star Wars should be for EVERYONE not just one demographic. You all think you're being inclusive just because you added a few Tokens to the star wars mythos but you have barely given them character development, or reason for being there. You dismiss everyone critical of this fact as simply hating women, or minorities, when in reality, the majority are just passionate fans who don't wish to see their favorite series die out.

You know why Marvel movies make hand over fist in money? They have progressive politics in it but its in the BACKGROUND and its hardly noticed. First and Foremost they want to tell a good story. That is why people keep coming back to these movies. They dont have to stir up controversy to try to get people to see movies simply out of "OMG they really did that???" They dont have to make the Hulk Pansexual in order to drive ticket sales. No they simply have to make Hulk Smash and they fill theaters and make millions. Marvel Movies succeed because they are for everyone and FUCK SJWs and progressives trying to make Black Panther political and say white people cant see it. That shit is EXCLUSIONARY and How does it heal the divide between people rather than twist the knife of hatred in deeper?
    Another angry nerd. Who would have guessed? Someone else who just loves to throw labels around if someone dares to speak out against him. I am far from being a SJW. My wife tells me off at least once a week for saying something sexist or racist to her. She is black. I am white. But even I do not get angry when SW decides to give a lead role to a female. HOW FUCKING DARE THEY!!! Marvel has yet to produce a female lead in any of their movies and theyve done 34 of them. Yeah, as long as it is in the background SJW activism is OK.

Do you know why I didn't like Ghostbusters? The movie sucked. Did I jump up and down and blame some SJW agenda thing for the movie sucking? No. I am a fucking adult and I have been around long enough to know that sequels and remakes are rarely better. That is why I am a fucking adult when it comes to Star Wars. It is a kids movie. Some chick that I can't even be bothered remembering her name didn't wreck it. IT WAS MADE FOR KIDS. That magic will never be back because I am an adult, but I can still take the next generation along and enjoy the wonder in their eyes as they see awesome shit happening that they will never forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Hmm, Looking at that movie I thought it was the opposite of women empowerment message.
    I agree with you, aside from Rey every woman in the movie was incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    What are you even...
    Apparently some people are upset about The Last Jedi being "leftist" for making the Nazi analogue look like bad guys, despite the fact the original bad guys were The Imperial Empire.

Newsflash kiddos. Disney or JJ didn't ruin your precious Star Wars. Growing up did. Same reasons why you sit here and throw your shit at WoW every day. You've been there, done that, nothing new to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    You mean, disney, along with Abrams, along with feminists/progressives and SJW's did.
    "There's more than one woman in a movie! Fucking feminists and SJWs!"
    Lmao you're delusional.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2018-05-26 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Apparently some people are upset about The Last Jedi being "leftist" for making the Nazi analogue look like bad guys, despite the fact the original bad guys were The Imperial Empire.
    I don't know how the movie is leftist when the nazi analogue seem to be the only competent power in the galaxy. While the resistance loses 90% of their members due to their progressive leadership.

because the mass majority of people are soulless, mindless, wretched goddamned filth that thoughtlessly throw their money away to whatever big name movie that comes out.

disney knows it doesn't have to make anything worth watching, it'll pour in millions and then it'll go direct to dvd eventually before never being seen again, then they will move onto the next franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Disney didn't fucked Star Wars. JJ Abrams did.
    No its Kathleen Kennedy she is in charge of Star Wars and shes an ultra feminist SJW. She had the easiest job in the world take the worlds largest film franchise and make some good movies and she failed because she tried to inject her extremist views into it.

If Disney had any sense they would fire her immediately and get someone who loves Star Wars to try to fix it. Sadly its probably too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I don't know how the movie is leftist when the nazi analogue seem to be the only competent power in the galaxy. While the resistance loses 90% of their members due to their progressive leadership.
    For people who complain about Rey being a Mary Sue but Luke is fine, the mere fact the Nazi analogue are framed as the bad guys is enough for the film to be leftist propaganda.

Which, to be absolutely fair, it probably is - but the fact I've never seen anyone complaining about that same idea in relation to the original movies makes it a lot more silly an "argument". After all, the original movie was basically written by Lucas as a Liberal think piece, as I understand it, what with evil corrupt governments during Watergate and the rag tag rebels who want freedom for the galaxy.

It's like how some people apparently think Black Panther is pro-Trump. Logic doesn't really enter into "leftist hate".

Deleted
    Mark Hamill, like all sane people, hates what they did to Star Wars with TLJ

If you take his tweet retracting all the things he has said for anything other than a coerced statement, you dumb

Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2018-05-26 at 04:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    For people who complain about Rey being a Mary Sue but Luke is fine, the mere fact the Nazi analogue are framed as the bad guys is enough for the film to be leftist propaganda.

Which, to be absolutely fair, it probably is - but the fact I've never seen anyone complaining about that same idea in relation to the original movies makes it a lot more silly an "argument". After all, the original movie was basically written by Lucas as a Liberal think piece, as I understand it, what with evil corrupt governments during Watergate and the rag tag rebels who want freedom for the galaxy.

It's like how some people apparently think Black Panther is pro-Trump. Logic doesn't really enter into "leftist hate".
    how was luke a mary sue? over the course of the first trilogy he has actual growth, moments of setback, is not suddenly able to best everyone at everything at a moment's notice, loses and falls on the way.
    In the end he wasn't even the one who actually won. in fact if it wasn't for a bunch of ewoks the empire would have won. his contribution to the rebel alliance victory in the last film can be summed up as: "got darth vader of the planet so he wasn't there to make sure his incompetent troops didn't get beat by a bunch of stuffed teddy bears".

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    this kind of delusion is the reason why star wars is so big in general. bro....mark hamill is probably the worst fucking actor on the planet...take off the rose tinted glasses.
    You sir, insulted my childhood -- he is the voice of The Joker!

Last edited by Daedius; 2018-05-26 at 04:51 PM.