Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Nothing we didn't know from the Amazon preview, but the fake letter actually really annoys me. It's obviously typed, despite saying it was written by his own hand, the illuminated letters make no sense in what's purported to be handwritten correspondence, and it just doesn't look even remotely authentic. Nevermind the typo.
    Alternatively how did they scan it onto a computer? whatever that is.

Illuminated letters are traditionally hand painted btw, you could just easily say that Anduin did it or had a personal scribe draw them for him.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-05-31 at 11:34 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    How did they scan it onto a computer also? whatever that is.
    Look, if they're going to bother mocking up a fake letter in photoshop for this novel, they can at least take the time to do it right. This is basic graphic design stuff.

If you're trying to make something look handwritten, get a calligraphy pen or photoshop brush and write it out. Or at least find a font that has some variance in the lettering so that it doesn't look so obviously faked. Especially if you're going to call attention to it being handwritten in the text itself.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You do know the W is on blizzard side its the summery not the actual letter.
    Whoosh.

That's the sound my joke is making as it's flying over your head by the way, in case you haven't figured it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    If that is the case, why didn't Genn use what he have learnt to openly denounce Sylvanas? Tell other Horde members that their Warchief is selling out the world (he can find quite a few evidence to back up his cause) would certainly give Alliance some advantage.

Whether Sylvanas is right or Genn is right, this event is by no mean a common border skirmish and its importance deserved further consequence. You either call Genn a warmonger or call Sylvanas immoral but there is no way to just ignore this event and pretend it is not important.

Blizzard ignored an important in-game event for the reason that their writers can not handle complicated political events. Their description of world war, despite of all the fancy equipments involved, is more like a street fighting between two gangs in spirit.

- - - Updated - - -

They have to sweep like 3 or 4 zones completely under the rug (not just the timeline) to claim that Jaina was neutral and Garrosh's attack was not justified.

I am just wondering why they were so afraid to give a shade of grey to people like Jaina/Garrosh. This would not change the ultimate fact that Jaina was a nicer lady than the crazy-dude Garrosh.

The current released materials in the coming book strongly suggested that Sylvanas might be the only one who was responsible to the war and all Alliance characters are complete Innocent. It is true that we have not seen everything yet but I doubt the rest of the materials would change this main theme.
    Not really for Jaina and Cata all they have to do is retcon the one line about them attacking pre cata. Because frankly Jaina sending forces to attack the horde unprovoked pre MoP was heavily out of character, but her sending forces into the barrens to secure a road to ashenvale to help the night elves isn't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Whoosh.

That's the sound my joke is making as it's flying over your head by the way, in case you haven't figured it out.
    You dont know poes law do you?
    unless you do /s
    or make it obvious you are being sarcastic by /s or by changing somethign to make it obvious.
    you cant just say

The earth is flat you lot are sheep

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    rotfl, before? why? there isnt a single thing that indicate this. to the contrary the sword and the fact that he isnt in emo mode should says the contrary...
    and what should mean the second point? the game can even finish before the ultimate strike against the shadow for all what we can care...

doesnt fit? i mean, you can even dont know about his spider senses, but he fit all the point you wrote
    Because he is just opening the letter his father gave to genn to give to him, he was reading it for the first time.

Also present day, this came out just after the broken shore scenario did. However i wouldent call this a 100% confirm, however first time opening the letter is. and this just helps

Also those who say he wasent prideful
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I want it to be a decapitated messengers head with "I accept" cut into his forehead.
    Error "character limit exceeded by 1"
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    This is why:

Lets just end this shall we.

The grammar is correct because the letter refers to the warchief of the Horde as a general term, not Sylvanas THE Warchief.

The writer is using warchief as a common noun and not directly referring to Sylvanas as Warchief, it just mentions her office just like it does later on with king.

It's much the same way you could say 'Zeus is a god' or 'God, whose name is Zeus', the writer is not directly referring to the person by that term so it is not a proper noun.

Also just to clarify, the reason that Dark Lady, Forsaken and Horde are capitalised is because they are names and therefore proper nouns while titles such as king, queen, warchief, doctor, ect, can be common or proper.
    Yes i asked to the RP discords im part of and all agreed. also

for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    So the comic with him leading the Army of Light was officially retconned?
    I've been wondering that myself because blizz silently removed it from the website

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    So murder attempt of a faction leader is not an act of war?
    How far are we willing to take that back in timeline? Cuz then honestly we could be like "well Genn is king of gilneas and sylvannas attacked and took his country also tried to kill him".
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Yet he has spent YEARS training to be a priest... Yeah...

- - - Updated - - -

Putting you on ignore cause this is borderline sad at this point.
    oh and btw mop was allmost 4 years ago, so i guess when he went to pandaria he was not a priest yet. ok. cool.
    Learn your lore.
    Are you really going to put someone on ignore because they called you out and you haven't been able to back up what you been saying with logic and sense? Thats pretty sad dude.

Wasn't the comic a prophecy of Velen or something? If so, it may not be accurate anyway. Tho they wouldn't release a comic for that unless they want to surprise us with something unexpected later but who knows, I expect anything at this point...

You dont know poes law do you?
    unless you do /s
    or make it obvious you are being sarcastic by /s or by changing somethign to make it obvious.
    you cant just say

The earth is flat you lot are sheep

- - - Updated - - -

Because he is just opening the letter his father gave to genn to give to him, he was reading it for the first time.

Also present day, this came out just after the broken shore scenario did. However i wouldent call this a 100% confirm, however first time opening the letter is. and this just helps

Also those who say he wasent prideful
    the same letter he opened in the quest after the cinematic?
    and isnt like that before he said in inner thought "...since the day i becAme king" and in the successive frame (board, table, i dont how is called in english the subdivision of a comic page) "present day", implying that time is passed between the broken shore and the comic :|

and he was emo mode beetwen the delivery of the compass and the 2° ally cinematic, not after and in the comic

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    I do not understand this line "Anduin must gain the trust of Sylvanas".

What?
    Sylvanas does not trust Anduin?
    The undead elf bitch who has been known for back-stabbings, plotting and scheming since the frozen throne is supposedly to be naturally trusted, but the golden prince priest boi is somehow not a trustworthy person compared to her?!
    It's Blizzard's attempt at making her look representable and in conjunction, making the Horde relatable to its players, although it clearly isn't according to what we've seen so far. They're trying their best to make an illusion about her having qualities to actually be a protagonist/lead the Horde and it's extremely cringeworthy.

Sylvanas in WoW has never had any good traits to begin with that could make her a compelling, yet representable faction leader that could go of as a legit protagonist. What Blizzard is doing with her right now is equivalent to creating the position of a toilet water connoisseur in the world of taste.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-05-31 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    Wasn't the comic a prophecy of Velen or something? If so, it may not be accurate anyway. Tho they wouldn't release a comic for that unless they want to surprise us with something unexpected later but who knows, I expect anything at this point...
    No, it's not. It's neither a prophecy nor a vision, it's a timeskip scene, so it can't be inaccurate. The only way for that scene is to be wrong is if the comic is retconned, which it hasn't as far as I know.

Personally, I don't really see what's the point of complaining "We know he won't die". What sort of detrimental point is this? I don't mean to offend people, but it sounds like an attempt to nitpick the non-issue to me. Since when is being able to survive until, presumably, the end of the story a negative trait for a character by default? In fantasy stories, most of the time, after the characters were well-established, we can tell that the main character (or characters) is going to live until the final battle at least (if not longer) - do people somehow never realized that? Or do they consider most fantasy fiction main characters to be "Mary Sue"? Perhaps it is just applied to Anduin's case for some reason? It's way rarer for an established main character to die in middle of the story, than never dying at all (or only die during the final battle). If the fact that the readers know that you will survive until the end makes a character a "Mary Sue" (no, it doesn't), we'd be filled with "Mary Sues".

Heck, a pretty common story opening method is starting with a character (in the present / future) reminiscing / looking back to the past of "when it all began". As far as I can recall, I don't remember anyone claiming the main character is terrible just from that sort of opening alone. But I digress, I don't think the point of the thread is to address whether Anduin is a Sue / Stu or not (which I don't believe him to be one, people just misuse the term too much nowadays that any decent-minded character that has their acts together are called "Sue" as an alternative way of saying "I hate him/her"), I'm sure I saw a thread much more suitable pop'd up just recently.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-05-31 at 01:56 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    How far are we willing to take that back in timeline? Cuz then honestly we could be like "well Genn is king of gilneas and sylvannas attacked and took his country also tried to kill him".
    well, nobody said that there were no war during that period of time
    and now Anduin (Golden) does

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Plays warlock and fawns over Anduin and Stormwind constantly, yep, we have found Goldens mmo-champ account.
    Goldens character has white hair and plays on my server, Wyrmrest Accord. She also plays a Night Elf Priest.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    well, nobody said that there were no war during that period of time
    and now Anduin (Golden) does
    Eh the war never stopped. As per multiple authors, quest texts and trailers over the entirety of WoW the word "tenous peace" has been used to define times of no conflict.

Besides the way I see it it's two pronged.

Sylvannas attacked gilneas first. Now one can definitely say that she was ordered by her warchief Garrosh (though we have no lore at least to my knowledge on whether she attacked first and then let him know or the order came from ogrimmar first). She attacked a soverign nation and tried to assassinate the king killing the crown price instead.

Fast forward a few years later

Genn attacks sylvannas while both horde and alliance face extinction. We know 100% Anduin didn't authorize the attack. We don't have much lore on the actual martial authority of the high king besides "he leads the alliance army". As in many times it is said that unlike the horde where you have the oath, alliance military is formed by nation's adding to it. Like Anduin can direct them but if today gilneas decides "nah bro I'm out" then that's it. Again no solid lore to back that up.

Point is. Niether actions are morally correct. But from a faction point of view? Totally fine. Asking a king to not look for revege on someone that killed their son is as crazy as me going to sylvannas and saying, technically Calia is alive so your services as queen are no longer required.

The only question anyone can really ask in all of this is, would Genn have done what he did in Stormhiem if she hasn't attacked Gilneas and killed his son?

oh, cmon who cares about moral correctness.

just look at the letter

"We are not currently at war" direct speech. which is 100% incorrect (factually) especially after you attack warchief. You can't call it local conflict. It's a war.

I really don't care what happened back then because it doesn't matter in this context. I just loling at blizzard writing where Anduin can think that he's not at war with horde after genn and that admiral actions (even if that actions weren't authorized).

no country army can attack someones HQ and then say "SORRY GUYS OUR TROOPS WENT ROGUE"

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    oh, cmon who cares about moral correctness.

just look at the letter

"We are not currently at war" direct speech. which is 100% incorrect (factually) especially after you attack warchief. You can't call it local conflict. It's a war.

I really don't care what happened back then because it doesn't matter in this context. I just loling at blizzard writing where Anduin can think that he's not at war with horde after genn and that admiral actions (even if that actions weren't authorized).

no country army can attack someones HQ and then say "SORRY GUYS OUR TROOPS WENT ROGUE"
    To my knowledge, they aren't at war - no war was formally declared between the Alliance and Horde during Legion prior to BfA and no forces mobilized to attack to Horde or Alliance positions prior to that either. The conflict in Stormheim was basically just a skirmish, and neither the Alliance nor the Horde felt compelled to declare war because of it (for whatever reasons).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Are you really going to put someone on ignore because they called you out and you haven't been able to back up what you been saying with logic and sense? Thats pretty sad dude.
    Calling someone a mary sue because they share traits that every character ever in wow, with no evidence of how this makes a charecter a mary sue, that is childish, and that annoys me to the point i rather not waste my time with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    the same letter he opened in the quest after the cinematic?
    and isnt like that before he said in inner thought "...since the day i becAme king" and in the successive frame (board, table, i dont how is called in english the subdivision of a comic page) "present day", implying that time is passed between the broken shore and the comic :|

and he was emo mode beetwen the delivery of the compass and the 2° ally cinematic, not after and in the comic
    So you are saying he read the letter... Then resealed it again?
    Yes me too, when i open my letters i put them in a new envelope and lick it closed, to then open it next time i wish to read, and then once again into a new envelope...

Anduin is being a passive wimp as usual.. Yeah yeah go ahead be nice and wait till your faction gets buttfucked before you would actually do anything, as usual.