Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    The Mage Tower rewards will be removed so that people buy the game / pay their subs NOW, increasing the /played too.
    Tbh humans are creatures of procrastination, always leaving stuff for "later", content having a deadline will probably push some to finally do it instead of postponing it endlessly and ending up never doing it at all.

Both the preorder allied races and "limited time content" like mage tower and field medic are serving to fill a bit the infamous "end of expac content drought", it's shorter than usual but still most people ran out of content by now, so the list of stuff "do this before BFA" helps to patch it.

I have an impression if someone hasn't done it by now and thinks they'd do it somewhere down the line 2 years later, they're deluding themselves, they'd probably never bother at all.

Yep, it bothers me from time to time I've never levelled a monk in MOP so I haven't gotten the MOP challenge set for monk, but in everyday's play I'm really not impacted by it. Saying I'm losing sleep over it would be overblowing it out of proportion.

Anyway if anyone still needs mage tower done - just do it (tm). There's plethora of guides both how to quickly & efficiently gear an alt for it, and what's the strat for the challenge. Stop postponing and get to it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Tbh humans are creatures of procrastination, always leaving stuff for "later", content having a deadline will probably push some to finally do it instead of postponing it endlessly and ending up never doing it at all.
    The thing is, players simply don't like that a part of their game is removed.

Example: A guildie asked me "hey dude, where's your staff from?":

I had to say "Archmage's Staff, it was a reward from MoP's pre-launch event, and it's no longer avaliable". He didn't like it, and now he's aware that Blizzard is prone to removing stuff just to make people sub and play more - it's "fake" prestige. Sometimes people simply weren't there for whatever reason - like your Monk in Pandaria - and a cool thing they want is out of their reach because the devs wanted more cash. They won't lose sleep because it, but they could just as easily stop playing WoW, thanks to this "design decision". Feels like a trick. A greedy trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    Source: Blizzard.

They have said multiple times that the mage tower skins will not be obtainable. Like Challenge Mode Dungeon weapons of WoD and Armor in MoP.
    Um, no, you're confused. Person I quoted (was that you?) Said the content is being removed. It is not being removed they've said, just the rewards for it.

The only thing I'm sad about the Mage Tower is that it's a good Proving Grounds, better than the actual Proving Ground. I would have loved if we could access it whenever we want (even after beating it), to try out new talents/stuff/stats/gameplays.

The fact it's a one-shot challenge is a bit limited.

I think its stupid that they remove it when bfa launches. People who didnt play Legion might wanna get the skins and do the challenge later on.. So they get punished for not playing in a limited time frame is very stupid and bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Pretty much this.

Blizzard is interested in generating MAUs now, not in creating quality, lasting content for WoW. .
    That's not what I said though.

The Mage Tower has been very high quality content in terms of design and tuning. Something being limited-time =/= it's low quality. And it's rather narrow-minded to look at Legion and say that the company has no interest in creating "lasting quality content"... Sort of contradicts the fact that they now want players to spend as many hours as possible in-game. The Mage Tower is nice and all, but it didn't exactly carry the expansion. There's a ton of content and rewards to work for that won't be going away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loeve View Post
    I think its stupid that they remove it when bfa launches. People who didnt play Legion might wanna get the skins and do the challenge later on.. So they get punished for not playing in a limited time frame is very stupid and bad design.
    Only to the people whom missed out.

All MMO's have had the system of awarding loyal players and limited-time rewards for playing the game NOW rather than 5 years down the line when the content is dated.

Complaining about it just proves how greedy and entitled the players can be. They stare themselves blind on the rewards they couldn't have, rather than take joy in rewards they CAN have.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-06-01 at 02:25 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Who else hasn't even bothered attempting the Mage Tower stuff after one or two attempts?

I might give it another go on my Warlock, since she's the best geared character I've got, but I've basically given up on getting any more (half my characters aren't even max level yet). At least the Class Hall mounts aren't going away!

I also won't complain about Blizzard closing it off. The only thing I'll complain about is my own laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This. If you care at all about this you have it by now. And seriously, it's ONE appearance.
    Technically its 4 per spec, but ya know math and colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Wait. You're telling me there are mage tower skins people care about that they don't have yet? I don't understand that. And I don't understand the crying about not having the tower up 24/7. How many days of attempts do you need?
    It's more like, they're being secondary wronged on behalf of all those "poor souls whom will be missing out"...
    Meanwhile, we ALL have things we missed out on simply due to not being there or partaking in X content at the correct time. We'll all live.

It's 100% justified for long-term games making a living from having people playing over extended periods of time, to offer up limited-time rewards as a badge of honor for simply being there and partaking in the content.

Some people are just greedy and want to have it all at their own leisure if they can't be arsed right now.

If you played Legion and didn't get the Mage Tower appearance(s):
    Sucks to be you, should've tried harder if you really wanted them.

If you didn't play Legion and thus missed out:
    Too bad, you're not a special snowflake though. We've all missed out on something due to not playing during X period.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-06-01 at 02:32 PM.

with the level scaling tech they have now there is no reason to remove it... the people that want to brag will have new stuff to chase and others that like the look still have to try to get it. The could cap the ilvl at 50/50 ANT mythich/HC gear and move on. I'm against removing any content from the game, and with scaling tech it makes even less sense to.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Loeve View Post
    a nearly 2 year "limited" time frame.

I had to say "Archmage's Staff, it was a reward from MoP's pre-launch event, and it's no longer avaliable".
    Looks like recolour of staff from ICC 5 man dungeons. So he can get a similar one at least.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Who else hasn't even bothered attempting the Mage Tower stuff after one or two attempts?
    I admit I tried to do it on my main when mage tower was new and then decided spending days wiping on it is not worth my time so I'll wait for more gear. Bam, 2 raid tiers later most of them are trivialized with gear available around, so yeah, I took the lazy way out. Still wiped for over 3 hours on holy priest. And 2 hours on sub rogue and then left it for next mage tower cycle and in the meanwhile got the leggo cloak... well that thing made it a breeze.

I was scared and reluctant after my first experiences with mage tower, but after finishing it this week I must say 80-90% of them are extremely trivialized with gear / legendaries so I was scared for nothing.

The thing is, players simply don't like that a part of their game is removed.

Example: A guildie asked me "hey dude, where's your staff from?":

I had to say "Archmage's Staff, it was a reward from MoP's pre-launch event, and it's no longer avaliable". He didn't like it, and now he's aware that Blizzard is prone to removing stuff just to make people sub and play more - it's "fake" prestige. Sometimes people simply weren't there for whatever reason - like your Monk in Pandaria - and a cool thing they want is out of their reach because the devs wanted more cash. They won't lose sleep because it, but they could just as easily stop playing WoW, thanks to this "design decision". Feels like a trick. A greedy trick.
    How is it "fake" prestige? You were there at the time and did something "impressive"(relative to the overall playerbase). What's wrong with rewarding that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Technically its 4 per spec, but ya know math and colors.
    It's 1 per spec, you can get the recolors whenever you want. And by the time prepatch hits you'll have had about 2 weeks per spec(assuming you're trying to get all 36) to get them, which is more than enough at this point in the expansion where you should have every relevant legendary if you've played somewhat actively.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

No, but before prepatch I imagine, whenever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    How is it "fake" prestige? You were there at the time and did something "impressive"(relative to the overall playerbase). What's wrong with rewarding that?

- - - Updated - - -

It's 1 per spec, you can get the recolors whenever you want. And by the time prepatch hits you'll have had about 2 weeks per spec(assuming you're trying to get all 36) to get them, which is more than enough at this point in the expansion where you should have every relevant legendary if you've played somewhat actively.
    If you don't get the base color you lose access to the other 3, but if you get the base you can get the other 3 whenever later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It would not shock me if they revamp all the talents and skills and spells which trivializes the mage tower and still allow people to collect the challenge skins for a month or so before actually turning it off. Its exactly something Blizzard would do. They start out with a hardline attitude of cutting it off for BfA, then walk that back and allow people to still get them until September. Its best to have a 110 of every class JUST to be sure.

The people who actually got it the hard way will cry, and the people who had the foresight to get every class to 110 in anticipation of the usual "surprise" get rewarded.
    Thing is...it was hard half a year ago.

TBH blizz has been so fucking two minded about this that is is impossible to say even at this late in the game!

At first they said it wasnt gonna be removed cause they said even at 120 people wont still be able to get it then they relized all the ability pruning will make it almost impossible for some classes so they said OK its going.

Just like they said Mythic 15+ skins is going then they had a change of mind and said Nope you can still do that with BfA mythic 15+

This is what pisses me off so much cause i cant plan for the future cause i think well should i bust my balls getting as many skins as possible if blizz is just gonna say 'well its gonna be BOA anyway'

Its the lack of information and no definitive answer that grinds my gears!! Now if blizz said tomorrow well the skins will go BOA if you get the achieve where you get all skins on one character then i would work to it but the shear lack of information is frustrating to say the least!

Quote Originally Posted by Yehat View Post
    TBH blizz has been so fucking two minded about this that is is impossible to say even at this late in the game!

At first they said it wasnt gonna be removed cause they said even at 120 people wont still be able to get it then they relized all the ability pruning will make it almost impossible for some classes so they said OK its going.

Just like they said Mythic 15+ skins is going then they had a change of mind and said Nope you can still do that with BfA mythic 15+

This is what pisses me off so much cause i cant plan for the future cause i think well should i bust my balls getting as many skins as possible if blizz is just gonna say 'well its gonna be BOA anyway'

Its the lack of information and no definitive answer that grinds my gears!! Now if blizz said tomorrow well the skins will go BOA if you get the achieve where you get all skins on one character then i would work to it but the shear lack of information is frustrating to say the least!
    We already know they are BoA. Same as the MoP CM sets, except with the additional limitation of only being usable in the appropriate spec(until they change their mind on this, anyway).
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    We already know they are BoA. Same as the MoP CM sets, except with the additional limitation of only being usable in the appropriate spec(until they change their mind on this, anyway).
    What do you mean? Are we at cross porpuses here?

I know if i get the hunter wep all my hunters can get it but does it mean if i get the achieve all my toons ala different classes get it?

Dont you remember how blizz said no to different classes getting Mop Chally Armour then said yes to WoD weapon skins so all classes could get it even if you did it with a priest or in my case a hunter?!

Blizz made the weapon skins BOA across the board and this is what iam getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Yehat View Post
    What do you mean? Are we at cross porpuses here?

I know if i get the hunter wep all my hunters can get it but does it mean if i get the achieve all my toons ala different classes get it?

Dont you remember how blizz said no to different classes getting Mop Chally Armour then said yes to WoD weapon skins so all classes could get it even if you did it with a priest or in my case a hunter?!

Blizz made the weapon skins BOA across the board and this is what iam getting at.
    The restrictions are (almost) completely consistent. MoP CM sets have class requirements, so you get to use it on every character of that class. WoD CM weapons you get an arsenal that unlocks every weapon(even ones your class can't use, which is the minor inconsistency), so you get to use all the weapons on any character. Artifacts are spec specific, so you get to use the appearances on any character while playing that spec.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU