Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Which spec is destroy? Have they added a 4th warlock spec?
    oh look a grammar nazi

10+ Year Old Account
    Way too early to call stuff like that - things will likely change before launch but demo does look like it could be popular.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2018-06-02 at 08:47 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    oh look a grammar nazi
    That appears to have nothing at all to do with grammar. You may want to take a few moments to collect your thoughts before speaking, might save you some embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Which spec is destroy? Have they added a 4th warlock spec?
    You know what he meant don't be a goober.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

You can't tell yet. People are going on superficial stuff like "oh hey demo looks really cool and is super strong on beta" when the actual balance of the class will be way different than what it is currently. If it sucks, people probably aren't gonna play it for that long.

There'll probably be a minor influx of players playing warlock because of the new pretty stuff and then a mass exodus as they go back to their mains.

Though I've already posted, I feel the real FoTM for BFA will be the hunter, right now you can pretty much be top DPS with MM with a mere 3 buttons + CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    How can warlocks be the new FoTM when affliction were already FoTM in Legion?
    FTFY

/10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    Demo is still a spec that gets heavily punished by movement. Tell them to play destro or aff like every other smart warlock.
    Implying Destruction in Beta is not punished by movement. You can't do shit outside Conflag on the move, with Demo you at least can store a bunch of Demonbolt procs and have some other instants on top of that like Soul Strike.

That said, I fully expect both of them to be nerfed by something like 15-20% at the least. Anything less than that and it would be getting away cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Implying Destruction in Beta is not punished by movement. You can't do shit outside Conflag on the move, with Demo you at least can store a bunch of Demonbolt procs and have some other instants on top of that like Soul Strike.

That said, I fully expect both of them to be nerfed by something like 15-20% at the least. Anything less than that and it would be getting away cheap.
    You can talent into shadowburn and use that for movement globals since that's all its really good for.

No one would actually do that, but you could!
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    Demo is still a spec that gets heavily punished by movement. Tell them to play destro or aff like every other smart warlock.
    Thats not true at all. You can specc and play demo with lots of proccs and isntant stuff. Destruction compared to this looks like the turret with no mobility then. I don't know where people get this from, currently on beta it is not the case. You do not have to cast more than a Destruction would have to. Actually you have more instants than a destruction.

Just wait and see

Destro still has very serious mobility issues that are likely to make it frustrating to balance all expansion. So perhaps they are trying for high numbers when you can unload to make up for how little you can do while moving? We all know how that ends, nerf cycles, balanced around the situational advantage being the norm, etc... I'd encourage blizzard to look at destro's mobility vs its peers and reconsider its mobility before trying to ride a balance razor of "too good casting, too weak on the move".

*Make CDF and Cataclysm castable on the move
    *Instant cast soulfire
    *Balance shadowburn to be comparable outside of niche havoc moments

Even then I'm not sure it is enough. I sense there would be major pushback to going kjc on incinerate even though its not particularly powerful spell. If destro doesn't get any mobility improvements I just don't see how it will be able to be balanced nor exactly fun to play when we get to more helter skelter content design. Staring at conflag's cooldown while your melee bros shred the dungeon is too familiar a playstyle feel.

Demo on the other hand has a few more tricks or talent options for mobility and with more of its damage as pets so it pays less of a movement tax than destro. I can see it being far easier to balance, especially down the road. Nether portal however is mechanically a shit show. Has every possible downside (3 min cd, spam casting during, CD sync w' tyrant, bolt/hog cast style, etc) and isn't even that powerful. Its like they took everything bad about old demo and cobbled it together into demo's big CD. I'd really like to see that tweaked mechanically before its numbers pass is even attempted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the new Demo is fun. However Demo will be ganked 24/7 because most gankers will know that the rerollers will be overwhelmed in open PvP situations...

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I am not sure which part is "new" about that? What you are calling here "massive nerfes, rip demo" I call it "balance patch kicked in".
    Yes, blizzard is great at balancing, their process is self evident.

As a frost mage main, i played a bit of lock on beta and i found it pretty fun to play so im thinking of switching just to see a wind of change in my wow experience. i dont care about number so far as long as i enjoy the class the 3 spec and the fun they can give me. Maybe WL is FOTM with the changes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff View Post
    I disagree. You have no downtime and there is a clear priority in the order in which abilities should be used, this is what I would consider to be a fluid rotation.
    Yeah right now Demo just rolls on and on during a fight. It flows more smoothly if you talent into Soul Conduit.

Also, very strong post count to join date @Jigglypuff

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they will be for a couple weeks before the new raid, then bam! nerf bat!

Deleted
    I'll miss tagging stuff like I do with Affliction (or with Doom on demo) though. But Demo looks solid for Dungeons/Raids where rampup isn't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Both Demonology and Destruction are OPAF in beta, be sure that the balancing hammer will come down hard.
    OP in PvP or PvE? (I don't give a shit about PvE DPS OPness).

15+ Year Old Account
    I run dungeons in beta pretty constantly, and I don't notice warlocks any more than other popular dps (mages, rogues, dks). The only thing I've actively noticed is a lack of specific classes (dps shaman, druids, and priests mainly).

That said, pretty much every lock I do group with is demo.