Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/compu...75449-pdt.html

While everyone is on the subject, looking to buy a new pc before BFA launch, any pc nut know if these specs will play BFA on max graphics with no lag?

(Assuming I have a good internet connection)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Its a new feature in recent Windows 10 updates, and the game needs to use the right thing for it to be available. But considering they're working on DX12 and removed Fullscreen Exclusive in the process, I would hope they do that right.

This is a developer-focused article that explains how it works, but the jist of it is that when a D3D11/12 window covers the entire screen, it'll directly present the games D3D rendering to the GPU without the compositor (DWM) getting involved.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dir...gi-flip-model/

The key terms here are "Direct Flip" and "Independent Flip", both of which avoid the compositor for slightly different scenarios.
    I can believe (based on both my own testing and other reviews) that the framerates between borderless window & FS exclusive are equal on Win 10

however, what about input lag ? is there 100% proof anywhere that with these "recent Win10 updates" borderless window mode gives the exact same input lag as FS exclusive ?

Deleted
    You can still play fullscreen in the current build. It is just no longer the default graphics setting. Takes about 5 seconds to set it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDarkey View Post
    fuck cares if its full screen or fullscreen windowmode? there is NO diffrence if win10 handles windowed fullscreen the same, and you can alt tab easier
    I care. In windowed fullscreen, i can accidentaly move my mouse out of the window, click, and minimize the fucking game. If that'd happen during a raid, it could mean a wipe. It shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Could someone please explain to me why the fuck dx12 doesn't work with fullscreen? Seems like a bullshit decision.

Any performance gain on DX 12 so i can have a reason to move ton win10 ?
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2018-06-03 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    I care. In windowed fullscreen, i can accidentaly move my mouse out of the window, click, and minimize the fucking game. If that'd happen during a raid, it could mean a wipe. It shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Could someone please explain to me why the fuck dx12 doesn't work with fullscreen? Seems like a bullshit decision.
    On BfA you have an additional setting in Advanced to "Lock Cursor to Window" ...
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Just checked beta. They re-added option to adjust gamma as well as added sliders for brightness and contrast. Also as mentioned there is an option to lock mouse to window. I am very much satisfied. In all honesty I'd be using windowed mode all along if I had these options available before.

Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    On BfA you have an additional setting in Advanced to "Lock Cursor to Window" ...
    That sounds horrible, guess if you never need to switch your music or YouTube video. At least I'll know it's there so I can turn it off if it gets turned on lol

On my PC fullscreen doesn't do anything to FPS. But it enables weird behavior when game pauses in minimized state.
    I didn't think it changed much but highly controlled benchmarks proved me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That sounds horrible, guess if you never need to switch your music or YouTube video. At least I'll know it's there so I can turn it off if it gets turned on lol
    You can always Alt-Tab out if you want to, but you won't accidentally leave the game just beause you reach the border of the screen.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use a laptop with an i7 processor, 4GB 960 card, and connected to a 1440p 144hz monitor. FR is lower in beta, but I won’t worry too much about tweaks until BfA goes live. In some areas I see the issue where based on which way your facing, the FPS drops 20-30 frames, but mostly runs smooth. I’m using full screen (as mentioned earlier, it is there, just not the default), and still on Dx11. I have a little bit of latency because I’m currently on WiFi, but it’s not a hindrance, really.

I’ve noticed a lag in graphics loading on live, but it might be add on related.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    You can always Alt-Tab out if you want to, but you won't accidentally leave the game just beause you reach the border of the screen.
    Never been an issue, it's one of those, to each their own, moments. I'd rather not have to hit extra buttons to move to my second screen.

How come G-Sync isn't working on beta? Getting screen tearing all the time. I'm using a GTX 1080 I7 6700K 16GB Ram, monitor is a Acer Predator XB271HU 27 inch 1440p IPS G-sync display.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Well, it's not unreasonable that system requirements increase with expansions. I'm pretty sure you can't play Legion with a 15 year old computer that used to run vanilla.

Although not knowing much about it, isn't there also a difference in the quality of the live servers and the beta servers? I might just be wrong, but I'm under the impression that beta servers never work as well as live servers.
    from my experience i usually have to upgrade my hardware for wow every 3rd expansion - but its not that crazy to have to upgrade your stuff every 5-6 years.

If you want to actually raid, WoW already requires a high end processor and a decent gpu...which is ridiculous considering the game doesn't have amazing graphics.

They should really work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukario View Post
    If you want to actually raid, WoW already requires a high end processor and a decent gpu...which is ridiculous considering the game doesn't have amazing graphics.

They should really work on that.
    My processor is far from "high-end". WoW values high single core speeds more then multi-core processors so honestly, you'll get better performance out of a "mid-range" 4 core than a "high-end" 6-core.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not my main computer :

I could run legion at a laptop with a I7 2500, no video card (intel graphics). Solo questing, or solo old raids/dungeons.

Legion zones/effects were very taxing, especially some of the big green&red ground effects (Fel/Nightmare), but old world questing was no problem.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-06-03 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausingen View Post
    Got into the Beta last night and was let down by my PCs inability to play at 60FPS in open zones, like I was able to in legion. In every zone with the exception of Vol'Dun I average 48fps, when I was able to play at a steady 60fps in legion. I made sure ALL my settings in Beta matched Legion (live).

Just a heads up for those that have slower rigs.
    Keep in mind it's beta; they may go through an optimization phase near the end that gets things going more smoothly.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Beta crushed my framerate, even in old areas, 45 FPS walking around my Garrison, dips to 30 FPS in Dalaran, ouch. Might be due to the lack of true fullscreen, my PC never deals with windowed modes too well for some reason.

See that despite the addition of DX12, the engine hasn't gotten any better. GPU never goes past about 40-50%, CPU never goes past about 35%.

Hopefully it'll be tuned up, if not then I'll need to play something else. Not stressing over this ancient game and it's single threaded engine.
    Last edited by BlueRemedy; 2018-06-10 at 05:56 AM.

My performance went up from legion to BFA. specially on view distance