Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Pre-patch on July 1 ?

We recommend updating to the 64-bit version of the game before July 1, 2018, to ensure your World of Warcraft gaming experience is unaffected.
    Most likely on this date ?

Seems too soon to me, as the pre-patch isn't even on the PTR yet. But it's certainly possible.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, should be a good timing, we've always had a month or so for pre-patch.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Seems too soon to me, as the pre-patch isn't even on the PTR yet. But it's certainly possible.
    Only by a week or two. BfA releases on august 14th and about a month of pre-patch is usually how it goes. So I am guessing 10th/11th unless they release the pre-patch on 3rd/4th..
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

5+ Year Old Account
    My guess is the weekend of July 4th

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Most likely on this date ?
    july 1st is a sunday... so july 3rd. but yeah close.
    oh yeah 4th of july american thing. so unlikely 3rd, most likely the 10th

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    you do know july 3rd would only be 1 month 2 weeks before the launch right?
    that is literally a month from now.
    also its monday so PTR could come tomorow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    I wonder what made WoW use more resources in the old world.. shouldnt it be the same?
    Upgraded models, spell effects, settings, etc.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-06-04 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    july 1st is a sunday... so july 3rd. but yeah close.

- - - Updated - - -

you do know july 3rd would only be 1 month 2 weeks before the launch right?
    that is literally a month from now.
    also its monday so PTR could come tomorow

- - - Updated - - -

Upgraded models, spell effects, settings, etc.
    I'm guessing it's less about intensity and more 'we don't want to maintain the 32bit client anymore'.

Well, it is also possible that this announcement has nothing to do with prepatch date.

They simply state that from new month they are not obligated to deal with your technical problems/tickets that occur on 32bit client.

So far, most likely date for prepatch is 18.7.

I'm going with the 11th so we have at least a month of pre-patch and it doesn't collide with July 4th being a holiday in the States.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I'm guessing it's less about intensity and more 'we don't want to maintain the 32bit client anymore'.
    So what's the point of the ridiculous squish then if they're gonna get rid of 32bit anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    I wonder what made WoW use more resources in the old world.. shouldnt it be the same?
    RAM usage has been climbing up and brushing against the 32 bit limit for a while. Anything that you do in-game has to stay under the limit or the game will crash, so 90% of the game being fine isn't enough.

It's what brought us the whole 7.3.5 fiasco with not being able to raid for 2-3 raid days until they put up a new build, they tried to fit more stuff in RAM for the 32-bit client and unintentionally caused game-breaking performance problems on both 32 and 64-bit.

So what's the point of the ridiculous squish then if they're gonna get rid of 32bit anyway?
    Hitting for 7362 is better than hitting for 7362,654,348,832.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2018-06-05 at 07:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    RAM usage has been climbing up and brushing against the 32 bit limit for a while. Anything that you do in-game has to stay under the limit or the game will crash, so 90% of the game being fine isn't enough.

It's what brought us the whole 7.3.5 fiasco with not being able to raid for 2-3 raid days until they put up a new build, they tried to fit more stuff in RAM for the 32-bit client and unintentionally caused game-breaking performance problems.

Hitting for 7362 is better than hitting for 7362,654,348,832.
    No, if I wanted to hit that, I would run Timewalking dungeons. But I don't, because the numbers in there are no fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No, if I wanted to hit that, I would run Timewalking dungeons. But I don't, because the numbers in there are no fun at all.
    Install an addon that increases all of your numbers by 9 orders of magnitude and writes them across your screen ;D

Deleted
    There may be no such plan this year, and time is running out

Seeing as July 1st is a Sunday, I'm going to go with a big fat no that the patch is coming then. Since no patch, ever, in the history of wow has ever launched on a Sunday. This is more than likely less about a pre-patch situation and more about Blizzard picking a nice simple deadline like the last day of the month (June 30th) to support the 32-bit client.

i would say closer to 31th of july, about 2 weeks of pre-patch, since there isnt any real content being added to it, just adjustments which shouldnt take people long to get adjusted to.

It will be here in 3 weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No, if I wanted to hit that, I would run Timewalking dungeons. But I don't, because the numbers in there are no fun at all. FOR ME
    fixed

/ac

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyWombat View Post
    i would say closer to 31th of july, about 2 weeks of pre-patch, since there isnt any real content being added to it, just adjustments which shouldnt take people long to get adjusted to.
    There is a sequence of gated events leading up to the expansion centred around giving up our artifacts and the beginning of the war (battle of lordaeron, burning of teldrassil) which will play out in the pre-patch. It is a safe bet there will be at least 4 weeks for that to play out, if not longer.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Sounds plausible. The Legion prepatch was 5-6 weeks before the launch, and if BFA follows a similar schedule we should expect the pre-patch to hit at the beginning of July. So even if that's not the exact date, it is probably somewhere close.