Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And yet despite that they're super slow and struggle to keep up(literally, not numerically) during speed runs or in Mythic+ without resorting to equipment or buff swaps for speed.

The thing about being "Faceroll" is that there's usually a trade-off somewhere that people are forgetting/ignoring.
    I sure would love to know the trade off for Resto and Guardian Druids.

5+ Year Old Account
    Complex specs should definitely have an output advantage over simpler ones. But again, with all the abilities pruned since WoD onwards, I don't know if there is any spec can be considered "complex" anymore, aside from the (very) minor complexity from active talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    if you were given the option to have guaranteed top tier DPS with 1 button over something that required you to hi 6 buttons, why would you not take the 1 button option?
    Because it's boring and some of us like to actually have to think when we play? If that's what you want to play go for it, some of us aren't that easily entertained.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-06-05 at 04:42 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

It's just one of the many deficiencies and compulsions that nerds have. They think they need to like "complex" things to get a chance of feeling good about themselves, which apparently is difficult. People who say this kind of stuff tend to have no sense for the big picture, and are unable to realize the elegance and perfection of simple design.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    I see a lot of "AHH THATS A FACE ROLL CLASS NOOB" and "I wont play that because its too easy"...

Call me crazy here but, wouldn't you prefer to make things less complicated on yourself? Granted most of WoW is easy as it is. But im saying, if you were given the option to have guaranteed top tier DPS with 1 button over something that required you to hi 6 buttons, why would you not take the 1 button option?

I know most of this is preference / being dealt a crappy hand as far as class design goes but, people who go out of their way to knock others because they play a "FACE ROLL" class, seems ridiculous to me..

Thoughts?
    This is just my opinion, but I think that a lot of gamers like to succeed at a higher skill-cap class as a badge of honor, and I totally understand it, from a pride sense. Anyone can be good if all it takes is two buttons, but the guy or gal who can top the meters while handling an array of skills, cooldowns and resources, well, they are king of the hill.

That said...WoW raiding is a team game, and why anyone would not choose an easier spec over a difficult one, from that point of view, is a mystery. Assuming two specs could offer the same DPS, but one required less rotational fuckery and thus allow for more mobility and utility, one would be less pragmatic to choose the more difficult spec just for pride's sake.

Personally, I think the game needs easier rotations for DPS because the raids have become so bloated with mechanics; sure, the Worldbreaker and the dogs don't really provide that many things to think about, but think about the bananas that goes on in the Helya encounter, the Odyn encounter, the Argus encounter, or the triad fight in Antorus where they summon all the spirits to fight you. Almost constant movement is required to avoid becoming a liability to healers, which of course takes away from your rotation management.

Now I am far from a great raider; slow reaction time, lack of practice, and, being honest, less engaged than I was 10 years ago, has left me at a level I'd call "normal/heroic filler", and in many fights a liability during progression, as my DPS doesn't offset the increased life of the boss (in my opinion, I never actually checked the math). Perhaps if I was at the skill and/or commitment level of a Mythic raider, I might see it differently.

All that said, I don't really think a given class can be so easy that anyone can just instantly top meters solely because the class lacks rotational depth, or resource nuance. Even Legion specs like Beast Mastery will vary differently based on whom is at the controls. During ICC, I played Arcane because I liked it, because it was fairly easy, and because I was always in the top 3 of our fights. Yet I knew people who had difficulty with it, and asked me for advice on how to do it better. When it comes to skill, there are a lot of levels, and what is insanely easy for some can be very challenging for others. And that's okay.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I enjoy playing high APM classes but I don't like having high APM only to have weak dps. That's where it's a turn off.

In Wotlk it was fun to play the hardest rotation - Feral, because I actually did more damage than others.
    But now it's bullshit. I'd rather play easier rotation for the same damage as the next guy sweating his balls all raid long.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find the replies here somewhat funny(mine is gonna add to that).

I've played most classes, and I don't find any of them particulary complex, or too simple for my taste. Sure, I haven't seen myself top dps on everything I try, but I feel all classes I put an effort into is fairly easy to get things right. I also see a relation between the classes which somehow makes it easier to do well on other classes, the more classes I play.

I am also pretty certain that own experience with the toolkit of a class, will affect how simple you think the class is. I could not pin point a particulary class as more simple than another for this reson, because obviously as soon as I learn how a class works, that class is gonna feel like "faceroll" to me.

But, I'm having fun!
    Last edited by Duridi; 2018-06-05 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishoa View Post
    I did say "usually".

To each their own.

Some want a challenge, some wanna show off, others want to relax, or try to ease the stress by playing what's simple.

Don't see why anyone should hate on others for what they feel like playing. We all have different tastes and that's fine. Personally I'm typically in the simpler end when it comes to what I wanna play because I can't be bothered learning all the details required to perform at maximum. Then again, only class/spec I really bother with is Fury due to it being my main and I don't feel like I have the time for multiple characters in group content.

People can play whatever they want. Just don't be a dick about it.

Quote Originally Posted by fishoa View Post
    Guardian not being able to see armor

10+ Year Old Account
    Play whatever class you feel like playing, fuck whatever the next man thinks, he ain't you fuck em!

Against the wall... With handcuffs on... And crazy glue on they lips!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    To each their own.

Some want a challenge, some wanna show off, others want to relax, or try to ease the stress by playing what's simple.

Don't see why anyone should hate on others for what they feel like playing. We all have different tastes and that's fine. Personally I'm typically in the simpler end when it comes to what I wanna play because I can't be bothered learning all the details required to perform at maximum. Then again, only class/spec I really bother with is Fury due to it being my main and I don't feel like I have the time for multiple characters in group content.

People can play whatever they want. Just don't be a dick about it.
    Why do we not have a like button here? Well said Wishblade.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Deleted
    I enjoy gameplay which is engaging and fun. A class/spec which basically plays itself is neither, therefore I do not enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Why do we not have a like button here? Well said Wishblade.
    A good question since it could come in handy from time to time but instead I'll just say thank you. ^_^

I personally find BM horribly boring.I like the class fantasy,you being the master of beasts,but heck,it's portrayal in the is quite poor. I personally think,that the Blizzard ruined hunter in the Legion - BM being too blunt,MM being a caster without a pet, that isn't too mobile and survival being survival - always wanted to play a melee hunter,yet im no quite happy with what Blizzard has done to them.Think,that SV should be DW instead of 2h wielder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer middle of the road I think, easy can get boring...but hard can get frustrating.

If it's too easy it's boring

If it's too complex it's overwhelming

I personally don't think the combat is innately that fun, so I prefer "easier" also because it's less tedious. Harder is mostly just watching timers and prioritizing (not compelling)

It's like running a zigzag to get to the same point running a straight line would get you. Some people prefer the zigzag, I don't.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2018-06-05 at 06:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Lets not kid ourselves. For the most part, in pve there is no skill required.
    Hmm, interesting, I wonder where he's going with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Not since WotLK launched
    Aaaaaaand you lost all credibility.. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    People like to feel like they're playing well. If that means playing a class that's simpler, that's great. Like always, play what you like, what feels best to you and don't worry about what others think. That's one thing about the talent system: they have set it up so that you can adjust to whatever level of complexity suits you.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."