Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    No one really cares if you do tbh.

The moment you are self conscious about it and people who want to mock you (if you are talking about school, since its where ppl actually even bother) see you like that they will make fun of you.

I've wore all kinds of video games, movies or franchises in high school, college, etc. Friends consider it a trait, and the rest wont care as most people dont even know what it is in the first place. My girlfriend always took my shirts randomly if she didn't want to wear something more apropriate (as in clothing for dates or important occasions) and she never knew what they were and no one cared about it either, in fact she still wears them at home or in summer.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2018-06-06 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post

I personally don't have a problem being called a "nerd", but as i said...that means something different for every person using that word. People like you tend to throw it on people you don't know anything about to make yourself feel better. So i guess you mean it in a bad way. Grounded on the fact i don't care what a random guy from a random board in the internet thinks you can do that. It won't change my mind on this topic or the way i define this word.
    I think this is literally the most off comment i've heard on this forum ever. I'm a mega nerd and i'm proud of it. But there are people like you who still use nerd negatively and its obvious when its being done. Like for example "i wont wear that, its to nerdy for me".

Please in your next post try and actually remember how the discussion started instead of failing but trying to make it seem like i have the complete opposite opinion of what i actually have.

Yes. I could probably make friends wearing that stupid T-shirt, and then play real games on my spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    I guess you don't wear sports attire either. Maybe your tastes are purely tie-dyed everything. That's fine. We won't judge you.
    Nah, I usually don't wear sports attire except for, you know, sports. You don't judge? Strange. I thought you just told me I had a lack of self-confidence for not wanting to wear ugly Blizz merchandise.

just gonna leave this here...

I dont think I could see anyone wearing this.... oh wait, I can.. just go to any convention, local gamestop, or hobby store

lol, personally i dont think i would wear a gaming t shirt, unless it was like really awesome, or free, or something i worked on

there is a fine line of clothes i wear anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post

I dont think I could see anyone wearing this.... oh wait, I can.. just go to any convention, local gamestop, or hobby store

lol, personally i dont think i would wear a gaming t shirt, unless it was like really awesome, or free
    Jesus Christ that's hideous.

No, I'm not a sad virgin.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I've worn Logo T-shirts forever so... yeah.

No I didn't. That's just what you chose to hear. If you don't like the way their merchandise looks, then that's your prerogative. The problem of self-confidence comes in play when your true motivation is that it is somehow socially unacceptable to wear such clothing.
    You need to get more self-confidence.
    So I guess you read my mind then and instantly knew my true motivation?

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of my clothing is gaming related. I have like my "professional" shit and then everything else is t-shirts. The older you get the more you realize how dumb it is to care what other people think of how you dress or the shit you like. Own that shit.

I stopped being fearful of coming across as "nerdy" when I was 8 and got teased the first time for talking about Little Big Adventure with a friend. Realizing which crowd it was that apparently hated games, made me even more comfortable in my interest.

That being said, I prefer to wear clothing without print that grows faded. I prefer key-chains, necklaces, hair decorations etc.
    The one exception would be my Rottweiler-print shirts.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-06-06 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    No, I'm not a sad virgin.
    So you are an angry virgin?

--------------

OT-

I probably wouldn't just because I don't really wear anything with logos/patches/etc on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    I mean, I've always thought the clothing for games would feel extremely nerdy to wear and is not to my taste, but after turning 18 recently, maybe my views are different as the new clothing for Overwatch looks really cool.

So, is it a bit nerdy to wear gaming clothing or will you be buying some of the new stuff up? I am on the fence...
    Is it nerdy to wear a shirt with a favorite sport team on it? Favorite bands/food/funny nonsense? Same thing.

Currently wearing a green shirt with the Triforce symbol on it in fact

I've had a horde t shirt I got from jinx like 10 years ago. Used to wear it all the time

I've got a couple of Overwatch shirts and hoodies. In the couple years after WoW launched, I had some Warcraft shirts and a hat. Gotta say, being a girl wearing WoW clothing seemed to attract the worst kind of weirdos. I've made a couple friends I play OW with thanks to them seeing my OW shirt and striking up a conversation though. Also, like others have said, they are ridiculously comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    So you are an angry virgin?
    What a completely original and clever response.

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post

lol, personally i dont think i would wear a gaming t shirt, unless it was like really awesome, or free, or something i worked on

there is a fine line of clothes i wear anyway
    I would punch the Pope to be able to own that shirt.

- - - Updated - - -

Some years ago, I used to wear Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and FMA T-Shirts all the time. When we were still dating, my Wife had a guild T-shirt made with my character's name on it. That was one of the coolest gifts ever at the time.

Deleted
    I used to wear t shirts with images on them, mostly pop culture references and geek stuff. But as I got older and more mature I stopped wearing them.

Most of the t-shirts I wear now are from Blizzard. I love wearing my gaming clothing. Its something to be proud of OP. If someone actually picks on you/doesn't like you because you're proud to be apart of <insert gaming community here> then fuck them. They aren't worth your time. Buy Blizzard/Jinx gear, its really awesome.

PS: All of the Blizzard clothes are incredibly comfy, as well as the Jinx ones. Really soft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you like it?

No - Don't wear it.
    Yes - Wear it.

/Problem
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)