Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Because it takes fuck all to stream both. You can stream Spotify on 56k dile-up. Let me know when they lay line all cross the US so people can stream video games.
    it used to not take fuck all. It used to be enough for them to want to throttle the hell out of netflix.

I mean they did eventually build these large concrete structures so people could use these oil powered devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    The big game changer really is the advancement of wireless tech. That is what i use and while yeah its not there with fiber and what not yet I can tell you over the past 8 years i have seen my speeds and most importantly latency and reliability have a massive increase. Still have issues with the caps but thankfully my ISP doesn't do that yet.
    Yea wireless is eventually how we will get to a great internet, just ways off in the future. We already have the physical wire tech with fiber down, but nobody wants to pay the bill to lay them lines down when we have states as big as entire continents.

Not a fan of the input lag that can come with cloud streamed games. Even 40ms can be noticeable. Or the bandwith involved, plus ISP data caps/overage

Deleted
    I love all the naysayers.

They think they are right, because it can't happen now.

The internet cost money 13 years ago as well. And 13 years ago I was waiting 10 minutes to watch a 20 second video on Youtube. But here we are now, watching 6 different 30 minutes long videos on my computer, laptop, phone, PS4, tablet, my other phone at the same time without any issues.

Why is it such heresy to think that in another 13 years it not only will be possible, but commonplace as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    I love all the naysayers.

The internet cost money 13 years ago as well. And 13 years ago I was waiting 10 minutes to watch a 20 second video on Youtube. But here we are now, watching 6 different 30 minutes long videos on my computer, laptop, phone, PS4, tablet, my other phone at the same time without any issues.

Why is it such heresy to think that in another 13 years it not only will be possible, but commonplace as well?

Pfft like this would ever do more than be a novelty device to make calls on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    What devilry is that? Did you cut the cord from the suitcase? Are you insane? Those things cost a fortune and you just ruined it for some sick joke?

It already happens now, and it's bad. It's not widely adopted because it's not even close to being an acceptable service for most.

Again acting like input lag has anything to do with your bandwidth speed is false. Also if your internet was that bad 13 years ago I feel bad you still had to use dial up in 2005. FeelsBadMan.

Because literally nothing is being done to improve the infrastructure to make data travel at the speeds needed. The technology is here, and has been here and sorry but most of the ISPs in the US and elsewhere don't give a shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    What devilry is that? Did you cut the cord from the suitcase? Are you insane? Those things cost a fortune and you just ruined it for some sick joke?
    Remember when the internet was this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea wireless is eventually how we will get to a great internet, just ways off in the future. We already have the physical wire tech with fiber down, but nobody wants to pay the bill to lay them lines down when we have states as big as entire continents.
    Well hopefully that SpaceX satellite internet experiment will work. From what I have read IF it works it will do away with the major drawback which has always been latency. Even so, we are at least eight years or so away likely more.

As for the wired infrastructure yeah and it's so expensive at least in the eyes of the ISP they hate to lay it unless a large profit is to be had. For example I live in a rural area but only five minutes from the highway and another 3 from town. The town has a exclusive provider contract with cableone who is on the worst ISPs on this planet. Shit speeds,shit reliability,expensive and of course shitty caps. 55 dollars a month with a 300 gig cap is just shit no way around it.

They are really the only game in town so no one else is going to come in and invest. Cableone doesn’t give a shit to run the cable out to areas outside the city limits so my only choice for the longest time was not even 56k dial up 26k. Once wireless hit it was better and has improved year after year. But if not for them yeah I would be in the dark ages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Bryan cranston?

In all seriousness, with the rise of PC architecture being able to handle more and more at greater levels of affordability, console exclusivity is only hindering major titles to a point that releasing on a multi-platform preference it nearly entirely uniform. It makes sense that consoles will no longer be able to survive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Because literally nothing is being done to improve the infrastructure to make data travel at the speeds needed. The technology is here, and has been here and sorry but most of the ISPs in the US and elsewhere don't give a shit.
    "These here dirt roads are mighty fine for Betsy to ride on. We don't need no ass-phalt!"

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    In all seriousness, with the rise of PC architecture being able to handle more and more at greater levels of affordability, console exclusivity is only hindering major titles to a point that releasing on a multi-platform preference it nearly entirely uniform. It makes sense that consoles will no longer be able to survive.
    And yet Sony and Nintendo are doing just fine....

But do tell how God Of War was Hindered by only releasing on PS4 and Breath of the Wild was Hindered by only releasing on The Switch (and wii-u)

God Of War
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/3/173...4-sales-record
    (3.1 million units)

Breath of the Wild
    https://www.vg247.com/2018/04/26/swi...h-of-the-wild/
    Breath of the Wild is now the best-selling Zelda game in the franchise, with 9.98 million units sold
    Ya really hindering there.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    "These here dirt roads are mighty fine for Betsy to ride on. We don't need no ass-phalt!"
    the problem really isnt the speed of the internet. Its the MS and the stability of wireless internet thats the issue. I dont think thats going to improve enough to be fun to play on anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    LMAO, even in some hypothetical future where all games are streamed you would still be buying a Sony or Nintendo labeled device to stream their games. That isn't going to change. They make the software, to sell the hardware. That's why exclusives exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And yet Sony and Nintendo are doing just fine....

But do tell how God Of War was Hindered by only releasing on PS4 and Breath of the Wild was Hindered by only releasing on The Switch (and wii-u)

God Of War
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/3/173...4-sales-record
    (3.1 million units)

Breath of the Wild
    https://www.vg247.com/2018/04/26/swi...h-of-the-wild/

Ya really hindering there.
    I mean. It sold well and its a great game. Would have sold more on the pc tho.... so it was hindered...

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    the problem really isnt the speed of the internet. Its the MS and the stability of wireless internet thats the issue. I dont think thats going to improve enough to be fun to play on anytime soon
    Give it ten or so years.Wireless is getting better and low orbit stuff like the SpaceX deal will hopefully be bearing fruit by that time.

I mean. It sold well and its a great game. Would have sold more on the pc tho.... so it was hindered...
    And your proof to that is????????????

You do realize the Multi-Platform titles that is on Console and PC actually (normally) sell better on console right? Why do you think a lot of developers focus on console more than PC? Because it sells better.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when PC gaming was dead?

Deleted
    Sure, but 10 years in technology is not anytime soon. It might as well be another millennium.