Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

How would you fix WoW?

Ok, put yourself in a companys position, not your own (personal), you get tons of feedback, people loving some stuff, people hating some other changes.
    Which changes would You (as an employee of the company) do to save the game?

I just got curious, with all these threads about "I hate the next expansion", do this change etc, i don't like this change, i love this change etc.
    Cause you have to take in account, if 30% hates the game, and 70% loves the game, im pretty sure you have to ignore most of the 30%'s hate, im not saying ignore their feedback, but if they just "hate" the game.

How would you fix it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fix the game, as if anything was wrong with it. There's nothing in WoW that's blatantly broken, just because people don't like some systems doesn't mean they're inherently broken.

However if I were in control of Blizzard, I'd gut the whole "Mission Table" system because of how much of a waste of development time it is. I'd rather they put the time they take into making the mission table and put it towards something that players can actually... You know... PLAY. Not just send NPC's off to have all the fun.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hiring a few people with actual writing experience and skill would be a start.

MoP class design, that's 'bout it

there's really only a few things WoW needs to become perfect imho. More storyline driven content, combine all servers as its an antiquated system now with the introduction of their new server tech like sharding, and make fury king as it should be and always needs to be

Guys... all the things you guys are gonna mention will sure as hell not fix WoW, but kill it for good....

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Prediction: Before page 4, somebody will point out that all the things you guys are gonna mention will sure as hell not fix WoW, but kill it for good....
    Here we go

I don't know about fix but I would revert its mechanics and progression to tbc my preferred expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not broken...
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to fix

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    As an employee, you have very little say in what gets implemented. You just have to do your job and don't have much creative freedom. It's the higher ups that control what features and content to work on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like more complexity not necessarily in main rotations but in flavor spells. I'd like to see classes move back toward 'easy to pick up, harder to master' design for classes. I'd also allow more control over stats via enchants for every slot again and gem slots. if they keep secondary stats with the weight that they have in Legion, I'd consider adding reforging back so getting pieces with a crap secondary but higher item level wasn't a side grade OR I'd do stat weights in such a manner that higher item level was always an upgrade with secondaries only affecting how much of one.

I don't care all that much about lore and I don't expect high level storytelling so that's and 'eh' to me.

I'd make normal like MoP SoO flex, winged so you can easily do it without committing to 3 hours of a raid night if you want. Maybe carry that over to heroic.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    More customization, more options, more animations, more voice over. I'd bring back old features from previous expansions and rework them in a way that would last throughout the game. Make a Garrison a truly personalized space for you and your followers, with different racial styles and zones to choose from. Have artifacts still exist in some way. Give people reasons to go to old content and old zones with regular updates spanning everything. Update old art assets. Create servers that are based off of old expansions. Have more things to do than a person could reasonably do and tell them flat out that you do not see it as an obligation, and neither should they, and no you won't be changing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    Ok, put yourself in a companys position, not your own (personal), you get tons of feedback, people loving some stuff, people hating some other changes.

I just got curious, with all these threads about "I hate the next expansion", do this change etc, i don't like this change, i love this change etc.
    Cause you have to take in account, if 30% hates the game, and 70% loves the game, im pretty sure you have to ignore most of the 30%'s hate, im not saying ignore their feedback, but if they just "hate" the game.

How would you fix it?

Fix for something which isn't broken?

How am I going to fix it, if you don't point out the issues? My answer is as more generic as your actual question.

It's not broken. It's just like with politics - the stupid part of the population is always the loudest. Sure, there will always be things you can improve even if the game was at it's best, but that doesn't mean it needs "fixing".

Not necessarily a fix because I don’t find anything completely broken, however I’d add:

More complexity to certain classes/specs

More storyline driven content as well as lore presented in game rather than mostly comics/books

Master loot would be an option for guilds. At least in mythic.

That’s pretty much it. That’s all I’d really want to see for the game. If I were a dev though I’m sure it’d be 90x more complicated than that.

Return to MoP class design, pre-Legion patch cycle(raid and world content together, not split) and Cata loot systems.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2018-06-07 at 05:12 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

-revert Classes to what they were in MoP
    - Deleted raid finder and replace it with "Adventure Mode", which is the same thing as LFR except it can be solo qued and soloed. (Kind of like boss battles in Witcher 3). Since you're alone in there you're forced to learn the mechanics of the boss, and it would be beneficial once you want to move on to heroic raiding
    - 2 Raid difficulties, (Heroic and Mythic)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    More story, more complexity in characters, less npc questing via mission tables.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post

How would you fix it?
    Reverse the decision to take away our artifact weapons and build upon it for the next expansion.

I want my Ashbringer back!