Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Op is so cringe... dude.. stopp... lol! It's embarrassing how hard you're trying to self-justify.

Quote Originally Posted by Themerlin View Post
    As a social animal, I as well like talking in chat sometimes.

I try not to be an ass most of the time.
    I think we're getting closer to why you were banned. My guess is that you know exactly what you did wrong and that the ban is just, and that you know that it is just.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you've gotta have said something wrong or baiting or flaming or even spamming..

I've been active on trade a lot, talking, discussing, sharing, selling, buying etc.

I've never been banned, suspended, silenced or even given a warning in my whole career of this damn game.

Blizzard gets a snippet of the chat if you're reported in a chat. So, if you believe wrong doing, then appeal. Though, I've learnt from my experiences on the forums and such that the most who makes outcries about being banned/suspended/silenced is due to something they actually deserved to be struck for.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I got silenced ones not even got email or whats so ever at all. 24 hours so could not be bothered to ask.

No matter what cause you are fighting for, using negativity and toxic language will not help you do it effectively. Except maybe in the eyes of some pathetic individuals

I have never been banned.

I must have manners or something

Yeah any time I bring it up on the official forums the topic gets trolled to hell and gets locked. Welcome to the new WoW, they've started banning people for no reason and become mostly automated.

You do NOT have to break ANY rules to get silenced or banned, they explicitly state this that they can ban you for no reason. Non-offensive names can be flagged as 'inappropriate' and forced renames and so forth and I've been suspended from the forums just for disagreeing with a blue.

Debating with Blizzard at all, and appealing your silences/suspensions is met with either an automated message or a 'this matter is closed'.

Saying they reviewed it and found it in violation of their rules literally means nothing, since their rules say there doesn't have to be a reason and therefore absolutely no reason is fine to suspend you for.

A lot of it feels like school, you defend yourself? Get in trouble. Talking to someone and they decide they don't like you and tell the teacher/Blizz you said something that offends them? Get in trouble. Break an unspoken rule of a clique? In trouble.
    Last edited by Ahlae; 2018-06-08 at 09:47 AM.

They tell you what you were banned for if you get banned, but don't say what you got silenced for. Since they reviewed it, then yeah you broke the rules. The rules are whatever they want them to be, and with people reporting speech significantly more often these days then expect to get silenced often.

Just don't talk, safe bet. I've personally not been in trade chat in years, generally because I find the average person in there complete scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I can only speak for BC and onwards but Trade chat has never been used for its intended purpose lol. I'm never a douche in any chat, vulgar, but not a douche.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we stop misusing the word

Toxic
    Casual
    Troll

I don't know if it's just wow but these words are misused so often I want to cut my cornea out.
    I was using that by the definition.

I've said some nasty and toxic stuff at times but never been banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been 'silenced' or chat-banned. But then I don't troll or say stupid shit in trade/general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    Yeah any time I bring it up on the official forums the topic gets trolled to hell and gets locked. Welcome to the new WoW, they've started banning people for no reason and become mostly automated.

You do NOT have to break ANY rules to get silenced or banned, they explicitly state this that they can ban you for no reason. Non-offensive names can be flagged as 'inappropriate' and forced renames and so forth and I've been suspended from the forums just for disagreeing with a blue.

Debating with Blizzard at all, and appealing your silences/suspensions is met with either an automated message or a 'this matter is closed'.

Saying they reviewed it and found it in violation of their rules literally means nothing, since their rules say there doesn't have to be a reason and therefore absolutely no reason is fine to suspend you for.

A lot of it feels like school, you defend yourself? Get in trouble. Talking to someone and they decide they don't like you and tell the teacher/Blizz you said something that offends them? Get in trouble. Break an unspoken rule of a clique? In trouble.
    They don't ban people for 'no reason'. They've screwed up and banned people for the WRONG reasons from time to time... but Blizz doesn't just go 'eh fuck it ban some bros today lol'.

I've never been banned or seriously actioned in 13.5 years of this game. I've been warned, for going ballistic on someone who said some rude shit to me, but I was only warned because the GM saw I was provoked. He/she basically said 'just report people instead of engaging them, otherwise your account might be punished as well.'

Those of you complaining about being repeatedly silenced, banned from the forums, etc... ya'll are getting those actions for a reason. Or likely, multiple reasons.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-06-08 at 10:55 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, this kind of thing is exactly why corporations should be controlled.

i'd enforce free speech on blizzard, for the most part. only legitimate harassment and hacking/botting/that kind of thing would be bannable.
    LOL wat, freedom of speech isnt freedom from consequences.

go yell some of the stuff spewed in trade chat in the middle of any government building and see what happens.

in fact, as someone who has never been banned after 14 years of wow, i'd say the best way to guarantee not being banned is to avoid saying anything you wouldn't say out in public (unless said person is a psychopath starved for attention)
    Last edited by High Priestess Tyrande; 2018-06-08 at 11:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect the people getting banned in trade chat with any regularity are the alt-right/gamergate kids that yell out "TRUMP 2020" or "Liberalism in a mental disorder" etc...
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

This is pointless. You know what you did, and if you're not gonna reveal it here what the hell are we supposed to discuss?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Just don't speak at all in mmo and you will be safe, yes, that is the truth of 2018 world. No jokes allowed.

Whereas you may be autistic, I am reactionary by nature.

A troll magnet for sure.

Self control is not one of my strong traits, but one I am willing to work on, despite how much I hate it.

Highly political as well from years of living abroad and seeing the true face of the world.

Not a good combination.

Simply put I am the perfect candidate to be trolled into a ban.
    I see why you get banned repeatedly.

Edit: The occasional silence may be unwarranted, but the vast majority is not, especially not repeatedly. What you might consider funny or okay obviously isn't, just behave.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2018-06-08 at 12:27 PM.

You really cannot say anything in chat anymore without risk of silence and then repeated silences being turned into bans. Ever since bots and auto respond garbage took over in game moderation it pretty much went down hill. You can get silenced/banned for just saying "hello"

It's not difficult, just don't be a jerk. If you can't help yourself, just turn the chat off. (Who chats in trade anyway?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    If you talk to others the same way you talk to people on this forum thread, I can see why people would want to report you. You have a smug, "Holier-than-thou" complex about you that just can't be shaken off. I have a feeling that you often talked in trade chat as if your opinion held more weight, simply because the great and amazing Themerlin said so.
    If Themerlin said, "The Dollar is obsolete, we should revert to fish!" everyone would cry out in the streets, "YES, MERLIN! YOU ARE CORRECT! YOUR KNOWLEDGE KNOWS NO BOUNDS!"
    Anyone who dare question your vast intellect shall be shunned, and berated thoroughly and reminded of their insignificance compared to the almighty Merlin.

To be completely serious though, if you're seriously in such a state that you cannot uphold a proper conversation online without people reporting you, that doesn't sound like a Blizzard problem. That sounds like a you problem.
    Fix your superiority complex, try to learn what it's like to contribute in polite discussion, and then maybe you'll be able to return to Trade Chat to talk about why Trump is actually Garrosh's half-brother.

Or don't. What do I know, I'm just some lowly peasant! Please, Themerlin, tell me more about how Blizzard treats you so unjustly! How they're simply too sensitive, nay, too dim in the mind to comprehend your words of wisdom, O great and luxurious Merlin!
    I can't help the reaction people have to my words, and I agree, I do seem stand off'ish to some, like I mentioned previously.

Your reaction is typical, and one I get often.

A game does not need seriousness to wither its entertaining light on others.

Go on though, belittle me some more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I suspect the people getting banned in trade chat with any regularity are the alt-right/gamergate kids that yell out "TRUMP 2020" or "Liberalism in a mental disorder" etc...
    I was actually the opposite of that, which I have been silenced for, as is the norm currently in your country.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

I actually opened up 2 tickets to specifically ask what I actually did wrong, and if the GM could review my conversation in trade that day to see if I broke any policies.

I got an automated response, saying "resolved", ticket is closed on the matter, no further discussion will be warranted."

I guess trying to have some kind of intelligent conversation in trade may be viewed as abrasive I guess. I am not the happy go lucky personality type.

What really got to me, was the automation in it. Its not like it used to be in TBC or WoTLK, it seems a more impersonal process these days. Not much communication occurring between players and employees at Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually neither of those.
    Keep opening tickets, you'll get someone eventually.