Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    So in other words you watch ZERO movies at all? otherwise I call you a fkin hypocrit!
    There's a difference between an ancillary product placement in the background of a scene, and a scene where not only is a product placement the focus, but it's treated reverently, as if to make the viewer say, "I know what that is! Cool!"

I mean, honestly. Was this more effective as a trailer for a movie, or as a commercial for Amazon, Twitter, Star Wars, Disney Princess, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    There's a difference between an ancillary product placement in the background of a scene, and a scene where not only is a product placement the focus, but it's treated reverently, as if to make the viewer say, "I know what that is! Cool!"

I mean, honestly. Was this more effective as a trailer for a movie, or as a commercial for Amazon, Twitter, Star Wars, Disney Princess, etc.?
    Familiarity drives connection. Its much more fun to poke fun at things you know than made up things.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just sad to see people enthusiastically celebrate consumerism over art, to the extent that they're defending this. I just don't get how someone can watch this and get excited when they see an Amazon logo or an anthropomorphic Twitter filling the screen.

And I don't really get why people panned the Emoji movie but seem to be embracing this, apart from this having Star Wars and Disney Princesses in it. I guess that's all it takes for a lot of people.

I mean, I hope they can retain the charm of the original, and I hope they don't completely sideline the video game love letter stuff in favor of heartless cross promotion and shallow internet humor.

It's just that this trailer is all the latter and none of the former. There's nothing in there to make me excited for this.
    I'd probably find a movie with quick one-off "made up" mockeries of real companies far more hollow than casual shameless plugs from real ones.

It was useful in Wall-E to have a made-up nameless megacorp that was relevant to the story. It's not really useful to do the same with this movie. Besides, the previous movie was filled with very present cameos to real video games.

It's likely that we will only see these internet giants in passing. It's no different really than driving down the 101 to reach Disney Land.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    I'd probably find a movie with quick one-off "made up" mockeries of real companies far more hollow than casual shameless plugs from real ones.

It was useful in Wall-E to have a made-up nameless megacorp that was relevant to the story. It's not really useful to do the same with this movie. Besides, the previous movie was filled with very present cameos to real video games.

It's likely that we will only see these internet giants in passing. It's no different really than driving down the 101 to reach Disney Land.
    well said and i Agree i'd be more annoyed if it was parody names than real ones.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I thought it was a good follow up trailer. The only thing that was kinda weird was that Rapunzel put "assumed" in her statement about having "all her problems solved once a man showed up," seeing as how Disney themselves popularized the very trope they're complaining about.
    Well, Rapunzel isn't part of the old crowd, she's one of the Princess-characters who had a big hand in her own salvation. Snow White on the other hand, or Sleeping Beauty...

And it's a double joke seeing as how Vanellope WAS saved by a big, strong man showing up.
    I loved that Vanellope offered to call the police.

Of course, it'll aggravate the Incel club to no end, which makes it even more fun!

- - - Updated - - -

It's just sad to see people enthusiastically celebrate consumerism over art, to the extent that they're defending this. I just don't get how someone can watch this and get excited when they see an Amazon logo or an anthropomorphic Twitter filling the screen.

And I don't really get why people panned the Emoji movie but seem to be embracing this, apart from this having Star Wars and Disney Princesses in it. I guess that's all it takes for a lot of people.

I mean, I hope they can retain the charm of the original, and I hope they don't completely sideline the video game love letter stuff in favor of heartless cross promotion and shallow internet humor.

It's just that this trailer is all the latter and none of the former. There's nothing in there to make me excited for this.
    So you'd rather they made up bad pun-companies and characters to poke fun at?

Please... Wreck it Ralph 1 didn't make fun at pretend games and characters, neither should Wreck-it-Ralph 2 if the developers are truly concerned with retaining the magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    You being so in favor of this is not going to make that change, it's not equality, it's revenge. Revenge against a generation of men for something an earlier generation did.
    And something that certain groups of men in the current generation, would gladly do again.

As can be seen in how those groups get so worked up over a fucking joke in a Disney movie. Let me guess, all those men being involved in the creation process, are "just cucks!"...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-06-08 at 06:48 PM.

PC BS retarded femenism agenda in Disney movies.
    That's very interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    well said and i Agree i'd be more annoyed if it was parody names than real ones.
    And I really have to say, I hope there's more to this than a visit to e-Disneyland.

That's pretty shamelessly self-promoting at the expense of a good franchise. So I hope that e-Disneyland is more of a one-off like Ralph's visit to Hero's Duty.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Please... Wreck it Ralph 1 didn't make fun at pretend games and characters, neither should Wreck-it-Ralph 2 if the developers are truly concerned with retaining the magic.
    Didn't realize that Fix-It Felix, Hero's Duty, and Sugar Rush were real games...

I mean, yeah, they had some minor callbacks to the old games in the arcade and the therapy sessions, but everything relevant to the plot was an original creation / homage / parody.

Like I said, I hope this trailer isn't reflective of the final product, because it's more dedicated to showcasing brand tie-ins than what the movie is about. I can only hope the movie isn't as shameless as the trailer.

Well, Rapunzel isn't part of the old crowd, she's one of the Princess-characters who had a big hand in her own salvation. Snow White on the other hand, or Sleeping Beauty...

And it's a double joke seeing as how Vanellope WAS saved by a big, strong man showing up.
    I loved that Vanellope offered to call the police.

Of course, it'll aggravate the Incel club to no end, which makes it even more fun!
    At this point the number of Disney princesses who save themselves will soon outnumber the ones who didn't, but still, the way it was phrased almost feels like Disney is denying their past.

I feel like a better word than "assumed" should have been used here.

Didn't realize that Fix-It Felix, Hero's Duty, and Sugar Rush were real games...

I mean, yeah, they had some minor callbacks to the old games in the arcade and the therapy sessions, but everything relevant to the plot was an original creation / homage / parody.

Like I said, I hope this trailer isn't reflective of the final product, because it's more dedicated to showcasing brand tie-ins than what the movie is about. I can only hope the movie isn't as shameless as the trailer.
    It's dedicated to showing the Internet. Same as how the original movie had fictional titular characters from fictional games, but the rest was anchored in history as we, the viewers, know it when it comes to games in arcades. Even my dad had memories of the characters that had cameos.

And if they keep up their philosophies from the first movie, it'll be just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point the number of Disney princesses who save themselves will soon outnumber the ones who didn't, but still, the way it was phrased almost feels like Disney is denying their past.

I feel like a better word than "assumed" should have been used here.
    Why...? So as to not trigger some MGTOW-snowflakes?

It's literally what's happened for decades. Princesses are rescued by a handsome prince, Disney (and the rest of the world) knows that they made bank on that trope.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    The princess scene was just dripping with SJW. There were so many potential jokes, they had to make one that patronizes men.
    "Everything I don't like is because of SJW's"

Anti-SJW's are becoming worse than SJW's themselves. Not everything is because of SJW's.

Why...? So as to not trigger some MGTOW-snowflakes?

It's literally what's happened for decades. Princesses are rescued by a handsome prince, Disney (and the rest of the world) knows that they made bank on that trope.
    In what way does the word "assume" describe what you're saying here? Of the older princesses, yes, all of their problems were solved by a man's sudden appearance, and nothing about that is an assumption.

In what way does the word "assume" describe what you're saying here? Of the older princesses, yes, all of their problems were solved by a man's sudden appearance, and nothing about that is an assumption.
    ... Because it's Rapunzel making the joke, as a modern Disney Princess, trying to assert whether Vanellope is a "Princess" or not...
    Jesus, no wonder people get outraged over trivial things these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    "Everything I don't like is because of SJW's"

Anti-SJW's are becoming worse than SJW's themselves. Not everything is because of SJW's.
    The Anti-SJW's are the biggest keyboard warriors for their own brand of social justice, for sure.
    "I don't get this joke/like this movie/enjoy this music, I blame SJW's for turning things to shit!!"... Meanwhile, they're more than likely not all old enough to remember the decades before "social justice" became a factor in the West through the fight of marginalized groups.

... Because it's Rapunzel making the joke, as a modern Disney Princess, trying to assert whether Vanellope is a "Princess" or not...
    Jesus, no wonder people get outraged over trivial things these days.
    As I already said, there are so many of them that save themselves by this point that the joke doesn't make sense.

A bad joke is a bad joke, regardless of intention.

As I already said, there are so many of them that save themselves by this point that the joke doesn't make sense.

A bad joke is a bad joke, regardless of intention.
    You saying it's a bad joke =/= it's a bad joke for a fact. The princess coming into the picture after the conversation, is Snow White for a reason.

You didn't find it funny/understand it/took offense to it for some reason, others do understand and will find it funny. The joke makes perfect sense, especially considering Vanellope's history as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how the disney princess joke is triggering people even though its a pretty old joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I love how the disney princess joke is triggering people even though its a pretty old joke.
    I like how PCBS is carving its all-corroding way into anything and everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    I like how PCBS is carving its all-corroding way into anything and everything.
    cant even make a joke about the damsels in distress that have been made for decades because "OMG EBVUL FEMNISTS AAAAA"

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    cant even make a joke about the damsels in distress that have been made for decades because "OMG EBVUL FEMNISTS AAAAA"
    Cant even make Frozen 2 w/o bringing sexually deviant minorities into the spotlight

Trolling isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-06-18 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    Cant even make Frozen 2 w/o bringing sexually deviant minorities into the spotlight
    what issue u got with snowmen?