Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't get why people pretend like you either have to be a genocidal maniac or passive to an absurd extent. People went Baine to stop letting him, and his people, get pushed around. When Taurajo got sacked and Baine said it was a valid target, he made himself look weak and opened himself up to exploitation. Neither Sylvanas or Anduin have a reason to take him serious, knowing that he'll just bend over backwards for peace. I mean, did Baine even react at all when the Alliance allied (or atleast supplied them with weapons) themselves with the Grimtotem, the tribe that's atleast partially responsible for his own father's death and staging a coup to overtake Thunderbluff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas considers race X to be a tool??? TELL ME IT IS NOT SO!

It's almost as if Sylvanas is a cruel, heartless monster who doesn't give a damn about the Horde or anyone but herself for that matter. Granted, I'm going to LOVE seeing her fanboys spin this one. They've come up with some pretty creative excuses thus far...
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

7+ Year Old Account
    its sylvanas, she considers anyone a tool.
    its nothing new.

and honestly, as long as baine is their chiftain the tauren will be just spineless tools.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    New novel excerpt:

Baine was watching her closely. Some days she wished he would just follow his big, bleeding heart and turn the tauren to the Alliance. But her disdain for the tauren’s gentleness did not eclipse her need of them. As long as Baine remained loyal—and thus far he was, where it counted—she would use him and his people to the Horde’s advantage."

http://www.wowhead.com/news=284863/n...nduin-sylvanas
    Wow what a shock. More and more stuff like this comes to light. I think one day we might have to face the fact that Sylvanas is not a good person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Exactly, Garrosh wasn't a cute waifu, so he didn't get the rabid defense force that will justify anything he does as good.
    Pretty much. It's hilarious watching them bend over backwards to excuse anything she does while forgetting there are many races in the Horde with honour and a code of morals. Tauren have always been a peaceful race, Pandaren even more so, that's who they related to most upon joining the Horde too. Trolls I can't really say much about but I do see them being an honourable race just as was Vol'jin before them. The only honour-less scumbags I can really see are Goblins and Forsaken honestly, and even then some Forsaken have been questioning their own leader as of late so that's something. So two races out of how many?

Sylvanas should be pandering to the faction as a whole, not just a small minority. Can't really be a popular leader or even a good one at that, if you're going against more than half your faction's core values and beliefs, which begs the question, when is she going to be deposed? I want to see a council type leadership with the Warchief title going away and being baked into the Orc racial leader position. It's a tradition that should be carried on with it's original creators atleast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    its sylvanas, she considers anyone a tool.
    its nothing new.

and honestly, as long as baine is their chiftain the tauren will be just spineless tools.
    Might wanna go back to WC3 and do the campaign again bud, they've always been a very passive race that does not wish to resort to violence unless completely necessary, or hell even check their wow-pedia page bro, the first section pretty much states they're a peaceful and honorable people with a deep respect for the land and nature. It's just their culture, you can't just change a race's culture because you don't find it matches up with a warmonger's vision. Maybe Sylvanas should change her leadership style, because you know, a lot of the main races either are or would be unhappy with the decisions being made. You don't quell dissonance with continuing the behaviour that's creating it. That's how you get ousted eventually. (See: Garrosh)

And you sure as hell don't treat the faction as a whole as your whipping dog to accomplish your goals. Your people (Read: Horde as a whole) come first, not yourself.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2018-06-10 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this a surprise to anyone? She's a heartless, cold calculating b*tch, she was prepared to turn her own sister into undead like herself despite how empty an existence it is.

The tauren are lovers of life and nature and even the light some of them, everything she opposes
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Why is this a surprise to anyone? She's a heartless, cold calculating b*tch, she was prepared to turn her own sister into undead like herself despite how empty an existence it is.

The tauren are lovers of life and nature and even the light some of them, everything she opposes
    Exactly and her using the blight to kill her own soldiers as well as the Alliance's most certainly goes against the majority of the Horde's race's beliefs, most notably the Tauren because you are literally destroying the ground below your feet and harming nature. That's why you have people like Baine and Saurfang (He considers the very act honourless which it is safe to say Orcs in general aren't going to agree with it) not wanting to get in line with her leadership style.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2018-06-10 at 08:40 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I continue to see the weird trend in Lore section that can be described as "People think Baine is spineless shit" which is strange to me because of Silithus Horde Cinematic.
    Baine's attitude is pretty damn sinister when he said to Surfang rat's spine gonna be broken if they will cross the line. Now, i don't think Baine meant he gonna crush everyone, but his attitude clearly show you better not underestimate him. The way he delivered that line, with careless but sinister smile, shows that he doesn't even question his own confidence. He just knows that he is strong and gonna beat the shit out of everyone.

So, yeah, i think people vastly underestimate the Cairne's son capabilities and spirit. Just don't wake up the good sleeping giant. I think he will shut the skeptics up in the following patches alongside the Saurfang's Horde.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    snip
    you can be peaceful without being a spineless moron that bends over for others.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    you can be peaceful without being a spineless moron that bends over for others.
    It remains to be seen what's going to happen though. Maybe he does something in a future patch that gives him some backbone, who knows. One can hope he stands up to her, I hope he does start calling her out on her shit leadership.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly and her using the blight to kill her own soldiers as well as the Alliance's most certainly goes against the majority of the Horde's race's beliefs, most notably the Tauren because you are literally destroying the ground below your feet and harming nature. That's why you have people like Baine and Saurfang (He considers the very act honourless which it is safe to say Orcs in general aren't going to agree with it) not wanting to get in line with her leadership style.
    You know, as it stands right now I have literally seen nothing that justifies her becoming warchief, despite the writers pushing the idea that vol'jin choose her for a reason.

My guess its one of three reasons.

A: because her rule will be so messed up it will unite the horde against her as one to become more unified, which is stupid because the horde already did that against garrosh and it doesn't need a repeat of it.
    B: because the loa or whoever lied to vol'jin and lead him on in order to create strife.
    C: the writers did it because 'it seemed cool' but had no direction and wrote themselves into a corner, so are going to write some half ass turnabout at the 11th hour.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Thris threat quickly became "I hate Baine and love Sylvanas"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobus View Post
    Generally does whenever a character is compared to the "waifu."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobus View Post
    Can assure you its the sylvanas fanboys saying the first along with the second. I can't wait for her to die and shut them up forever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Option D:

They needed some stupid Warmonger type of Warchief for BFA to happen, which was in preproduction at this point. The rest of the leaders dont fullfill this expect gallywix which has less fangirls then sylvanas
    Well that still comes under C since its again the writers writing themselves into a corner
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Has that been happening? I know he warned Jaina about Theramore, but that was satisfying the debt he owed for help in retaking Thunder Bluff when the bad Tauren took it over and Garrosh was sitting on the sidelines to see what happened. Has he passed off info to the Alliance since then?
    He’s been in constant contact with Anduin since they first met. He only stops when Sylvanas finds out and orders him to.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Saurfang got butt hurt over an insult to his honor because he is being stupid about it. honor is nice until you become stupid about it.
    You better stop talking about hings you obviously have no clue about and let the grown ups talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by csucsup View Post
    No. Baine is acting like ordinary Tauren do, which is disliking aggression. Baine feels sympathetic to Anduin because he cannot associate with the Horde's current warmongering, and Anduin represents somebody closer to the Taurens' philosophy and way of life than Sylvanas does.
    Yeah, Bain feels sympathetic to Anduin, whose father slaughtered innocent tauren villages. He feels unsympathetic to the Horde which saved his own people from extinction. He's fool who don't remember his own history. Too bad for him, because there are wiser taurens out there, better suited for lead. I think that Magatha should finally step up, she'll be the proper leader for the time being.
    Last edited by vsb; 2018-06-10 at 09:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Yeah, Bain feels sympathetic to Anduin, whose father slaughtered innocent tauren villages. He feels unsympathetic to the Horde which saved his own people from extinction. He's fool who don't remember his own history. Too bad for him, because there are wiser taurens out there, better suited for lead. I think that Magatha should finally step up, she'll be the proper leader for the time being.
    To be fair, that was Thrall's Horde that drove off the Centaur and that does not exist with Sylvanas' current reign, not even the same Horde, nowhere close. She wasn't even there in that time period to help his people anyway so he owes her jack shit. The only fool here is you for not remembering the history of the Horde very well.

Proper leader? Do me a favour and either look up the Shaman class hall scenario with Magatha or do it yourself, Magatha is very, very power hungry and wanted to keep and use a very dangerous and powerful weapon that the Earthen Ring forbade. She does not embody the Tauren's values and culture at all. Do you even know anything about the Horde's lore or are you just another Forsaken shill? The Tauren of Thunderbluff would sooner die fighting her than let her lead them.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2018-06-10 at 10:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    To be fair, that was Thrall's Horde that drove off the Centaur and that does not exist with Sylvanas' current reign, not even the same Horde, nowhere close. She wasn't even there in that time period to help his people anyway so he owes her jack shit. The only fool here is you for not remembering the history of the Horde very well.

Proper leader? Do me a favour and either look up the Shaman class hall scenario with Magatha or do it yourself, Magatha is very, very power hungry and wanted to keep and use a very dangerous and powerful weapon that the Earthen Ring forbade. She does not embody the Tauren's values and culture at all. Do you even know anything about the Horde's lore or are you just another Forsaken shill? The Tauren of Thunderbluff would sooner die fighting her than let her lead them.
    Magatha could make the Tauren suit Horde culture better. Let’s get rid of Baine and his cronies and get some Grimtotem instead.