Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Who has to level? Um, everybody... It's a major part of the game.
    No. It's not. even if you are new you don't have to level you get a free boost to max level. if you've been playing for longer than that, 100% you have atleast one capped character, or more. Like how can you think otherwise? I have to level to 120 in BFA sure. but we are talking about old zones leveling is dead to literally 99% of the player base

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    not really - in BfA wow will hit 15 year mark .

its old unpopular game - there will never be a major expansion anymore. no point to invest in "dog" type products.
    And yet BFA will sell around the 10 million mark, like all the recent wow expansions have. That's not "unpopular"

As for the topic itself. No, it doesn't seem like a minor expansion in any way.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its old unpopular game
    >15 years old and still holds more of a concurrent playerbase than nearly any other game currently out.

Sure is unpopular

Quote Originally Posted by mmorav View Post
    badly balanced classes
    You mean the best class balance there has been ever?

No such thing as a filler expansion and what you have seen so far is not the story of BFA it is the start so just another mmo- champ the sky is falling thread. /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    It's happening again, don't you worry and nevermind people proclaiming "nobody cares hurr!".

New players care. Old players whom enjoy leveling, care. THEY don't care which they then confuse for "nobody", because clearly their feels are the most important.

The Warfronts are a slow start to the inevitable 1-60 revamp. The team working on WoW is way bigger than it was during Cata as well. It's ingenious really, they're justifying spending resources into old zones by making them max level content. That's what should've happened in Cataclysm.

Exactly this! I did wonder if they'll gradually do it through newer content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleybp View Post
    No. It's not. even if you are new you don't have to level you get a free boost to max level. if you've been playing for longer than that, 100% you have atleast one capped character, or more. Like how can you think otherwise? I have to level to 120 in BFA sure. but we are talking about old zones leveling is dead to literally 99% of the player base
    Yes, it is. Any time a new person joins the game, or any time you want to make an alt, you have to level. Not every new player will buy the expansion straight away, thus wont get a boost. People make new characters *all* the time, especially with new races/allied races - you have to level.

No no, I do not disagree with you regarding your point, I think it was well established, I just wish people would not use bad language in the thread I started. Thats all.

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that you hang yourself on that general statement rather than the points made, is all one needs to know about your intentions I suppose.

- - - Updated - - -

What utter bullshit statements, Legion was the most developed expansion to date in objective measurements. This "unpopular game" is a billion-dollar revenue beast with the attention of millions, showing more than ever for BfA's announcement. The BfA cinematic has gained almost as many views in 7 months, as the WOTLK announcement cinematic did in 8 years...

Shows the retarded "reasoning" of the usual suspects whom still stick around the game despite it apparently having "died" with X expansion of their own choosing though.
    Really , state your point of view and please stop calling people names just because they dont agree with you.
    I do not say I agree or disagree with you but I do NOT agree with namecalling under any circumstance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    No such thing as a filler expansion and what you have seen so far is not the story of BFA it is the start so just another mmo- champ the sky is falling thread. /sigh
    Have you even read what I wrote? I was asking about the promotion of the expansion, and wondering why it was not as
    much as other expansions, if Blizzard perhaps felt this was not a key expansion.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright people, we since there is much confusion, I'll estabilish the official definition for a "Major Expansion" right now:

Major Expansion = Expansions that I like, liked or that I have interest in. Examples: Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, Legion, Battle for Azeroth.

In comparsion, Minor Expansion = Expansions that I dislike, even if they didn't launched yet. Examples: The Burning Crusade, Warlords of Draenor, and whatever expansion that is centered around the defeat (death) of a Void Lord in the Void.

I'm just translating OP's argument here.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Alright people, we since there is much confusion, I'll estabilish the official definition for a "Major Expansion" right now:

Major Expansion = Expansions that I like, liked or that I have interest in. Examples: Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, Legion, Battle for Azeroth.

In comparsion, Minor Expansion = Expansions that I dislike, even if they didn't launched yet. Examples: The Burning Crusade, Warlords of Draenor, and whatever expansion that is centered around the defeat (death) of a Void Lord in the Void.

I'm just translating OP's argument here.
    alllmost correct, your forgetting the initial question was why there is so little promotion regarding this expansion.
    compared to other expansions this has relatively small budget on promotions, thats why I was wondering why.
    seems to me people have misunderstood my question, my bad in that case.

an correct way to answer my initial question would be to say
    wotlk was done with great tv comercials
    legion was done to coincide with the movie thus getting "free" spotlight.
    pandaria was...umm...flowery... but no much tv comercials in the west

that kind of thing would be the way to compare them

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    alllmost correct, your forgetting the initial question was why there is so little promotion regarding this expansion.
    compared to other expansions this has relatively small budget on promotions, thats why I was wondering why.
    seems to me people have misunderstood my question, my bad in that case.

an correct way to answer my initial question would be to say
    wotlk was done with great tv comercials
    legion was done to coincide with the movie thus getting "free" spotlight.
    pandaria was...umm...flowery... but no much tv comercials in the west

that kind of thing would be the way to compare them
    Judging the expansions based on how the marketing goes is beyond asinine.
    WoD got more exposure and marketing than ANY other expansion, did that make it a good one? No. It still wasn't a minor nor filler expansion though. Legion's exposure came more from word-of-mouth and positive critical reception than the movie, which bombed all over the world apart from in China.

BfA has gotten more than enough exposure, the announcement cinematic has almost 14 million views. There will likely also be TV commercials when the expansion is releasing.

There is no such thing as "minor" nor "filler" expansions. Fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    I think it will follow Legion pattern - same amount of content, so no - it's not a filler but the succession of a well made Legion expansion, I think they've finally found the way to deliver decent quality and they'll stick to it.
    Exactly.

The Negative Nancy's of MMO-C were spewing the same asinine shit such as "It'll be WoD 2.0!" before Legion. They didn't turn out to be correct then, they're not correct now. They'll be around to make the same statements for the next expansion after BfA as well, clinging desperately to that sliver of hope that the game will FINALLY match their own feels for what the game is, and suffer for it.

BfA is Legion 2.0 in terms of design philosophies, just a different setting and different characters being the focus.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-06-10 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    From what iv'e seen and it's very little so I don't spoil it for myself, there is going to be enough content to keep us going for a while. Providing you give the new content a chance like warmode, war fronts and island expeditions, Also let's not forget the general dungeons, raids, battle grounds and world quests etc.

The quality of content seems to be much better than previous like terraformed zones to reenforce the story etc. I could be completely wrong and we're getting a WOD 2.0 and selfie camera filters as "content". I want to be hyped about it and I want to enjoy it for what it is, a quality game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Wasn't Legion supposed to be WoD 2.0? I remember reading a lot of that before it was released.
    I never read that tbh. Legion had a ton of features and maybe twice the content WoD had. Something that BfA clearly doesn't have.

- - - Updated - - -

BfA is Legion 2.0 in terms of design philosophies, just a different setting and different characters being the focus.
    This is just not true when they get rid of almost every feature they've implemented in Legion (and more of "older" stuff besides that).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    First thing I hear...there are minor and major expansions?

They just jacked up the price for the CE to 99,99 $ / € - looks pretty major to me :P
    They have to increase the price for the dedicated player base due to lack of subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
    And yet BFA will sell around the 10 million mark, like all the recent wow expansions have. That's not "unpopular"

As for the topic itself. No, it doesn't seem like a minor expansion in any way.
    Pretty sure WoW hasn't the momentum to sell 10 million copies of any expansion anymore. And for a game this old it's more than acceptable.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Judging the expansions based on how the marketing goes is beyond asinine.
    WoD got more exposure and marketing than ANY other expansion, did that make it a good one? No. It still wasn't a minor nor filler expansion though. Legion's exposure came more from word-of-mouth and positive critical reception than the movie, which bombed all over the world apart from in China.

BfA has gotten more than enough exposure, the announcement cinematic has almost 14 million views. There will likely also be TV commercials when the expansion is releasing.

There is no such thing as "minor" nor "filler" expansions. Fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.

The Negative Nancy's of MMO-C were spewing the same asinine shit such as "It'll be WoD 2.0!" before Legion. They didn't turn out to be correct then, they're not correct now. They'll be around to make the same statements for the next expansion after BfA as well, clinging desperately to that sliver of hope that the game will FINALLY match their own feels for what the game is, and suffer for it.

Are you seriously malfunctioning somewhere in your brain?
    I was not judging the content of the expansion, I was asking about the exposure of the expansion.
    Marketing analysts will all say that based on the amount of exposure an expansion gets determines how much money initially it will make.

take a look at this...

This does only show until Mists of Pandaria, but it clearly shows that WotLK was when subscriptions was soaring and also the last time
    that Blizzard really exposed their expansion with lots of ad's etc. As I do not know the current subscription nor the numbers for Legion etc
    it is hard to predict where it will go, but everyone knows that unless you advertise something there is not going to be equally as much
    subscribers and sales.

Hence my question... why did they not launch an all out campaign with BfA?

You start to get the idea of my question yet?

Legion was the most developed expansion to date in objective measurements.
    By what metric?
    This "unpopular game" is a billion-dollar revenue beast
    Do you have official data to prove that?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the issue with BfA (for me at least) is that it's not clear how things will evolve. In Legion, we knew we'd eventually have to defeat the Legion which meant going up against some of the big bads. Even if we couldn't see the specifics, we had the sense at the beginning of "OK, we're going to start an adventure that sees us beat back a Legion invasion and eventually kick their asses once and for all." That was compelling because there Legion was a long standing threat which we'd seen before.

BfA doesn't have this. We know we that one faction won't decisively win a war because of the nature of the game. I think we all know that Azeroth the Titan isn't going to die. WE suspect that we'll see Old God stuff and very likely N'zoth but... so what? We've seen Old Gods before and as far as we know there are tons out there in the larger universe so killing N'zoth isn't a decisive blow against them. All of that makes it feel a bit empty at this point. It may turn out to be awesome when it's all over, but we can't see that now.

The other expansion that was like this? Mists. We didn't really have a Big Bad there and we had no real build up about Pandaria, the Mogu, etc. I think Mists turned out well in terms of story telling etc but it really only connected to the rest of WoW with Wrathion's warnings about the Legion invasion and, at the end, Garrosh's escape.

Cataclysm and Warlords of Draenor are, generally, considered their worst expansions. I wouldn't call them "Major" and "Minor" expansion packs, but there is a clear pattern on how the expansions have turned out so far.

Maybe it'll change. Maybe it won't. Past experiences say BfA will be weaker than Legion and the one after will be better than BfA. But it's wise to take it as a grain of salt until we actually experience it for ourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Jacking up prices for CE's means nothing. That's like Battlefront 4 charging that much for It's CE, still doesn't make It a good game.

But yeah, I remember major ads for WoD and even Legion and now It seems their budget for BfA Is smaller, I saw an ad or two In the last half year and that's It. Maybe the shareholders aren't that confident and neither Is Activision so they're not letting their pet dog Blizzard use that much money... Imean I'd love for BfA to do good don't get me wrong, I'm also from Vanilla times. But so far It looks pretty disapointing, once more drasticly changing things around like WoD and Legion and just making things worse... so I've little hope for It and hopefully blizz knows that as well with literaly half of their "Subs" being wow-token users who still have the tokens from their WoD times of when Gold was easy to get and tokens cheap to buy.
    Completely offtopic, but I couldn't help but read your sig, and was wondering if you got unbanned.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I come in here to point out that there is still over two months until launch and the ad blitzes for WoD and Legion didn’t start until the final weeks before launch. I see, however, that the doomsayers are already out in force and this thread has devolved into stupidity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Completely offtopic, but I couldn't help but read your sig, and was wondering if you got unbanned.
    You really don’t want to open this can of worms, trust me.
    Beta Club Brosquad