Poll: Do you think what Robert De Niro said was appropriate?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    lol I can't wait to see what happens when Trump gets a 2nd term.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Yes yes yes, we all know you're a woke independent.
    Blinded by prejudice and false-assumptions. Maybe drop the political tags and communicate as fellow humans, instead of seeing marsians and moon-men with whom you have little in common, everywhere?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You literally voted for an actor because of his political opinions.

Seriously, let the irony sink in.
    I love how the minds of people work on this forum... If you disagree in the slightest with the ideas or actions of some frothing liberal it is automatically assumed you voted for Trump. Love it. No where in the original post did the guy say that he voted for Trump but because he doesn't share your liberal view by grabbing a pitchfork and falling in line you have deduced that they voted for Trump. O M E G A L U L

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The #MeToo movement is stupid. But that doesn't make me love Trump. You see, here in the normal world we can hold opinions that aren't entirely black and white.
    Guess we can agree on something then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    I love how the minds of people work on this forum... If you disagree in the slightest with the ideas or actions of some frothing liberal it is automatically assumed you voted for Trump. Love it. No where in the original post did the guy say that he voted for Trump but because he doesn't share your liberal view by grabbing a pitchfork and falling in line you have deduced that they voted for Trump. O M E G A L U L
    Yep. Precisely. Amen to that. Upvote.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Unless you have heard Trump saying he wants more illegals into the US, they are preaching completely different things.
    He kinda was, years ago. He didn't always hold these ultra conservative views. Funny how opinions change when you're running for office, huh? Can you figure out this mystery or do I need to spell it out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    That or we can recognise posters (maybe from an avatar or username) and know from previous discussion how they voted. But no it must be frothing liberals.

I hope the irony of your little rant here isn't lost on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I was expecting more with the headline "powerful speech". It was more like a mini temper tantrum. 2018 and 2020 are shaping up to be very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    That or we can recognise posters (maybe from an avatar or username) and know from previous discussion how they voted. But no it must be frothing liberals.

I hope the irony of your little rant here isn't lost on you.
    Reminds me of that "I have people skills, what the hell is the matter with you people?" line from Office Space.

I like how people try to use "woke independent" as a derogatory term. The insecurity is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    I like how people try to use "woke independent" as a derogatory term. The insecurity is real.
    It's called sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He is a good actor. But he needs to understand along with his other actor friends, their political opinions carry no more weight than any other voter. He mainly makes himself look bad. But I will still watch his movies. But I could not care less what he thinks when it comes to politics. Unless they are Kelsey Kramer or Kevin Sabo, then I am all ears.
    I think people who take a proper stance against Trump benefits from it, rather than making themselves look bad. Stooping to his level? Well, when the situation is as fucked as it is now, even reasonable, eloquent people tend to use crude language to describe it.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Maybe he should've added "...and F everyone who voted for him too" to his speech. Then it would really have had an impact, I bet.

Note that I'm not actually condoning something like that, just amused at the thought of how pissed off people would've been at him if he did that.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2018-06-11 at 02:12 PM.

Where is the "I don't care at all" option in the poll?

Pretty sure when people say they don't care what Hollywood or celebrities thinks, it's because those individuals aren't running for office. If De Niro was suddenly running for political office, I might care what he has to say... but this rant was preaching to the choir in the room by just an actor, nothing more. With respect to Trump, I wouldn't really classify him as Hollywood because he's pretty much appeared as himself in movies/TV, and it's generally a guest role or some small part/scene. Celebrity? Sure, but no one really cared what he thought concerning politics until he ran for political office anyways (lots of people didn't take him seriously even during the primaries, including his own party). However, I see him more as a businessman, since he's been in the real estate business for about half a century.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Pretty sure when people say they don't care what Hollywood or celebrities thinks, it's because those individuals aren't running for office. If De Niro was suddenly running for political office, I might care what he has to say... but this rant was preaching to the choir in the room by just an actor, nothing more. With respect to Trump, I wouldn't really classify him as Hollywood because he's pretty much appeared as himself in movies/TV, and it's generally a guest role or some small part/scene. Celebrity? Sure, but no one really cared what he thought concerning politics until he ran for political office anyways (lots of people didn't take him seriously even during the primaries, including his own party). However, I see him more as a businessman, since he's been in the real estate business for about half a century.
    Them mental gymnastics at display.

wow

Where do you people come from? I mean do you even know what words like irony or hypocrisy mean?

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Can't really get much worse I guess? Maybe he should start with Governor or something to give him some "street cred" in Washington instead of going to the white house right away.
    You should fully expect the 2020 presidential election and the ones that follow to be a complete circus.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Them mental gymnastics at display.

wow

Where do you people come from? I mean do you even know what words like irony or hypocrisy mean?
    Clearly no celebrity is in business, and they are also always in character.

Unlike Trump.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Where is the "I don't care at all" option in the poll?
    In the e3 2018 thread