Poll: Who wins?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    Times like this I think we could use a WoW themed episode of that 'Deathbattle' show

edit: because I always think it--- your avatar and sig are so cute!
    D'aww, thanks, you. <3

And yeah, the Deathbattle show could be fun - but they would need to make sure to not put in 'easy counters', or at least avoid it as much as possible. Because otherwise it feels like Death Knights will beat everyone except for Paladins, but Paladins would only really counter Death Knights. MAYBE Warlocks but I dunno. o_o

Sylvanas wins easily. DKs are overpowered but unless Mionee goes back to DK, the Deathlord will probably have to wait until the expansion after BfA to solo Sylvanas.

For real though, I don't see how anyone could say Sylvanas loses. The big name NPCs are more powerful in game and in lore than our random player characters. Even with the power boost from wielding an artifact, the Deathlord doesn't stand much of a chance. If Alleria's bow is considered an artifact, then Sylvanas' must be too, at this point.

I don't buy that the faction leaders are inherently powerful because they are faction leaders. Greymane is a worgen with a gun, and Gallywix is an overweight goblin. I'm pretty sure the Netherlord wielding the Scepter of Sargeras would wreck them in an actual fight.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    D'aww, thanks, you. <3

And yeah, the Deathbattle show could be fun - but they would need to make sure to not put in 'easy counters', or at least avoid it as much as possible. Because otherwise it feels like Death Knights will beat everyone except for Paladins, but Paladins would only really counter Death Knights. MAYBE Warlocks but I dunno. o_o
    The Illidari leader was second only to Illidan in power, prettt sure they’d stomp hard too.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Harper View Post
    I don't buy that the faction leaders are inherently powerful because they are faction leaders. Greymane is a worgen with a gun, and Gallywix is an overweight goblin. I'm pretty sure the Netherlord wielding the Scepter of Sargeras would wreck them in an actual fight.
    Sylvanas vs. Gallywix, let's go!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

if the Deathlord is Mionelol then Deathlord wins, if not, sylvanas is a maincharacter who's power and potential is beyond us.

If they're going to make Darion Mograine the Deathlord(kinda like Faol is leader of the priests) and Bolvar empowers him, then he probably can beat her. But I think now that she's warchief, she's growing in power more than we've seen so far.

This thread is teeming with Sylvanas bias. So far there isn't one solid reason why she would win against the Deathlord wielding Apocalypse. Aside from that one guy valiantly defending her with his AAA wanks.

Deathlord with Apocalypse stomps.

/thread

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-06-12 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    if the Deathlord is Mionelol then Deathlord wins, if not, sylvanas is a maincharacter who's power and potential is beyond us.

If they're going to make Darion Mograine the Deathlord(kinda like Faol is leader of the priests) and Bolvar empowers him, then he probably can beat her. But I think now that she's warchief, she's growing in power more than we've seen so far.
    Darion won't be the Deathlord as the Deathlord character still will be the player: There's quotes of an event with the Deathlord character taking place with Red Dragonflight and you're him, so.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathlord with Apocalypse, the fact that the sword (According to the archives) could bring down entire civilisations before the Legion ever invaded their world speaks volumes of just how powerful the weapon really is. This is not some simple Legion weapon, it's a power of it's own entirely.

Just another example of it's power, taken from the journal of Alodi:

And the fact that this weapon presides with one of the "champions" that has had a long history of battles spanning back to the Scourgewar, only further cements how destructive this blade would be in the right hands. Her being in the same presence as the Deathlord with this weapon would significantly weaken her, as it not only physically weakens her, it also clouds her mind with her fears and many other things, and Alodi only states that that's one of it's more tamer qualities, imagine it's stronger qualities?

It even drains the life force of Aegwynn, arguably one of the most strongest Mages in existence, Sylvanas doesn't even hold a candle to Aegwynn. Sorry to say it but Deathlord with Apocalypse is definitely the winner here.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2018-06-11 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Deathlord with Apocalypse, the fact that the sword (According to the archives) could bring down entire civilisations before the Legion ever invaded their world speaks volumes of just how powerful the weapon really is. This is not some simple Legion weapon, it's a power of it's own entirely.

Just another example of it's power, taken from the journal of Alodi:

And the fact that this weapon presides with one of the "champions" that has had a long history of battles spanning back to the Scourgewar, only further cements how destructive this blade would be in the right hands. Her being in the same presence as the Deathlord with this weapon would significantly weaken her, as it not only physically weakens her, it also clouds her mind with her fears and many other things, and Alodi only states that that's one of it's more tamer qualities, imagine it's stronger qualities?
    Thats a lot of hype for an asspulled artifact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats a lot of hype for an asspulled artifact.
    Asspull or not, it's canon whether we like it or not. There's a lot of canon shit I don't like either, but I have to accept it for what it is. Simply because you view it as asspull, does not make it any less true. Lore can be ridiculous at times but we're going with facts here and the facts make it pretty clear that Apocalypse is an extremely powerful weapon.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2018-06-11 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I consider most marquee NPC's (Khadgar, Jaina, Sylvanas, Turalyon, etc.) to be a significant cut above any player character in terms of raw power - powerful though they might be, I can't see the Deathlord overcoming Sylvanas one-on-one without a significant external advantage such as Sylvanas already being wounded, incapacitated, or the Deathlord receiving a powerful buff from a third party.
    Not sure that's quite true in Legion. Artifacts are a great equalizer, and while gameplay wise obviously players won't become bulldozers, lorewise Apocalypse, for instance, is supposed to be easily as powerful as Frostmourne. Get that in the hands of an experienced DK and you basically have someone that rivals or surpasses Death Knight!Arthas that Sylvanas needed backup to take on in WC3.

Obviously the player is still shy of a figure like the Lich King or an NPC with exceptional training + their own Artifact like Khadgar, but with an Artifact the Deathlord or Highlord definitely make this a good fight that could go either way.

Post Legion obviously we're mostly back to being inferior to major NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Asspull or not, it's canon whether we like it or not. There's a lot of canon shit I don't like either, but I have to accept it for what it is. Simply because you view it as asspull, does not make it any less true. Lore can be ridiculous at times but we're going with facts here and the facts make it pretty clear that Apocalypse is an extremely powerful weapon.
    My guess is that players cant unlock its true potential, and now those weapons are useless junk anyway so...

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    My guess is that players cant unlock its true potential, and now those weapons are useless junk anyway so...
    You LITERALLY unlock its true potential VIA the fucking Class Campaign...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Not sure that's quite true in Legion. Artifacts are a great equalizer, and while gameplay wise obviously players won't become bulldozers, lorewise Apocalypse, for instance, is supposed to be easily as powerful as Frostmourne. Get that in the hands of an experienced DK and you basically have someone that rivals or surpasses Death Knight!Arthas that Sylvanas needed backup to take on in WC3.

Obviously the player is still shy of a figure like the Lich King or an NPC with exceptional training + their own Artifact like Khadgar, but with an Artifact the Deathlord or Highlord definitely make this a good fight that could go either way.

Not to mention Sylvanas was a lot less powerful back in Warcraft three.

She’d just black arrow the death knight then jump around them like she did Arthas until they succumbed and died. For extra laughs she could freeze them like she freezes Arthas in the halls of reflection and take her sweet time lining up a shot.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Not to mention Sylvanas was a lot less powerful back in Warcraft three.

She’d just black arrow the death knight then jump around them like she did Arthas until they succumbed and died. For extra laughs she could freeze them like she freezes Arthas in the halls of reflection and take her sweet time lining up a shot.
    Yeah well the Death Knight, not being as arrogant as Arthas, can AMS the freeze, Death Grip Sylvanas, and then it is slicing time. Have the abo throw the hook if she escapes. Assuming Control Undead/Chains of Ice stun don't just end he fight then and there.

We can do little scenarios like that all day long until Sylvanas solos the entire Alliance and the Deathlord arm-wrestles Sargeras to submission with his pinky. Or maybe turn the fanboyism down a notch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

I don't really know how powerful Apocalypse truly is, lorewise - Apocalypse doesn't quite have the same backing of lore as the Twin Blades or even the Maw of the Damned, it was simply a sword forged by the Nathrezim (who seem to forge all the Legion's melee weaponry) imbued with the power of plagues, virulence, and death. It's powerful, no doubt of that, but seems to lack the storied power of Artifacts such as Ulthalesh, the Maw of the Damned, or the Scepter of Sargeras. I will admit the Artifacts definitely make the Order Hall Champions a threat to any one, faction leader NPC or not, but I still don't know it makes them the automatic victor of a 1:1 duel.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol the OP baited you guys hard with that rack reference!

On topic:
    If she can stand against malfurion for a while then death Lord shouldn't be a problem. Mind you wow rarely takes 1 v 1 in a generic fashion. I mean hell we just took down two Titans (aggrammar and Argus) in one raid lol, so power levels be kinda whacky in this universe
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I somehow doubt Arthas could awareness his way out of the poison.
    Which was not the point of my post to begin with(you basically replied to a point you yourself made up); I didn't say that awareness would help him with the poison once he's poisoned, but that he wouldn't get poisoned in the first place. My point is that the only reason she managed to immobilize him is because he didn't know she has free will and that he is being betrayed.

The Deathlord would have no such problems of trusting her, thinking she's his minion. The Deathlord would know she's an enemy.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-06-12 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well the Death Knight, not being as arrogant as Arthas, can AMS the freeze, Death Grip Sylvanas, and then it is slicing time. Have the abo throw the hook if she escapes. Assuming Control Undead/Chains of Ice stun don't just end he fight then and there.

We can do little scenarios like that all day long until Sylvanas solos the entire Alliance and the Deathlord arm-wrestles Sargeras to submission with his pinky. Or maybe turn the fanboyism down a notch.
    Because what the lich king couldn’t resist totally could be by the death lord, and since Arthas just couldn’t re- enslave Forsaken the deathlord totally could. Pointing out what should be obvious =/= fanboyism
    Holy shit lol