Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Honestly? The reality is that many players that are stuck in the LFR/casual raiding scene are just not good enough to play at mythic raiding level.

I like the roflolol masterloot theme of the troll thread, but here is the actual reality:

1. 90% of people cannot do 90% percentile parses, even if the encounter is a single target, no movement, no adds, no danger, no mechanic environment.
    2. You will actually need to play around mythic mode mechanics and do it well.
    3. You will actually need to raid X many times per week, at Y specific hours. You will need to communicate during the raid in multiple encounters(and outside of).

And here's the catch, if you were already above and beyond the 1/2/3 issues above? You wouldn't be a casual/lfr raider already. The ML change is nothing.
    Honestly, the performance of the raid is a huge part of this.

In a more Heroic-oriented guild, there are going to be a ton of on-pace-for-parse runs that will melt down due to mechanics failure. Not to mention kill times. They will be slower, which means parses will be lower.

When I went from my last guild to my current guild, all my parses went from blues and purples to purples and oranges. I didn't suddenly become a better player, it's just that my crazy proc openers led to kills more often, and those kills happened in a shorter amount of time.

I get what you're saying about people just not knowing optimal rotations, but by and large, I'd offer that there are a lot of people who don't know that they'd be putting out bigger parses if they ran with a higher-level guild.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Just pay 2m gold for a full mythic clear and get all your leet gear. Gold=king in this game.
    Yeah but what's the fun in that? Fun is to work to kill the boss, not to get carried.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I've followed OP's line every time I've jumped back into the game as a nobody, and it's not easy to leave these guilds. You make friends, and I still have some of them on my Real ID. It's nothing personal, it's just that if the guild you're in manages 7/10 in Nighthold, and you're hungry for Cutting Edge, you have to say your goodbyes. Again, it's nothing personal and the guild shouldn't take it that way.

That's not to say you should just loot and scoot. I'd spend months with a guild even if I thought I wanted something better, and if I had already begun the application process with other guilds, I would low-key turn down gear because "the other guy could make better use of it." This strategy outlined by OP doesn't create antisocial players in and of itself, it's unfortunately the only way you're going to go from an absolute nobody to a Cutting Edge player.
    From my perspective, that's what you do when your guild dies, at least that's how I got to the top 20, and not by guild hopping.

I have left a guild once, and that was after months of somebody IRL trying to convince me to do it.

I actually have friends of 12 years I still do stuff with in this game from my first original guild.

You can guild hop all your want, but nothing beats doing it with your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    From my perspective, that's what you do when your guild dies, at least that's how I got to the top 20, and not by guild hopping.

I have left a guild once, and that was after months of somebody IRL trying to convince me to do it.

I actually have friends of 12 years I still do stuff with in this game from my first original guild.

You can guild hop all your want, but nothing beats doing it with your friends.
    I sort of make friends wherever I go. I really enjoy raiding with the people in my current guild, hilarious and fun group of people. My last guild was very much along the same lines, although the progression was much farther behind.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of toxic guilds out there, this we all know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Fun is to work...
    Not really. I don't play video games to work. Sorry. This is not a criticism of those who do but if anyone is of a mind that most players are playing to work at anything they are destined to be disappointed on a frequent and regular basis.

This is more or less the heart of why so many people don't care much about raiding. Work ethic, schedules, stress over keeping a raid seat. Simply not worth it for most.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Not really. I don't play video games to work. Sorry. This is not a criticism of those who do but if anyone is of a mind that most players are playing to work at anything they are destined to be disappointed on a frequent and regular basis.

This is more or less the heart of why so many people don't care much about raiding. Work ethic, schedules, stress over keeping a raid seat. Simply not worth it for most.
    That's why casual and hardcore audience doesn't mingle together well. It's much lesser problem when a returning player with aspiration "guild hops" to gear up / get back on track with experience, logs and muscle memory, than when they try to make their current guild "step up" to the level of their ambition. Tons of stories about how officers in various guilds wanted the guild to "move on" from heroic to mythic and usually doesn't work, because the interest isn't there, the attitudes aren't there, and it's pushing something onto people they never asked for.

However we live in the era we live, this isn't tbc where it was the responsibility of the guild to gear up and attune the recruit, it's a personal responsibility to move up the ladder and prepare for the next step. I don't think there's any way around this. If you quit and got behind and have to start again from the bottom, you have next to zero chance getting back instantly to a high progressed guild unless... maybe if you were gm's old best friend.

I've been in casual guilds when I started playing at end of tbc / start of wotlk, and then I outgrew them. I was in casual guilds again when I came back to raiding during WOD, and one thing I had to keep in my mind is - their way is "performance does not matter", I can't really live with that or enjoy the gameplay like that, but I can't really criticize them for such an attitude, because they have the right to be the way they are. All you can do is move on.

Stuff that bothered me the most in those guilds was for example refusing to sit out a player who lags / dcs all the time (this isn't a matter of skill, only a matter of connection issues that day / overall, and it's super annoying when it causes repeated wipes). Or making the whole raid wait for a guy who afks for 20 mins every hour, or is 1 hour late. Why is the time of 9-19-whatever flex number we have now people worth less than 1 dude who is constantly late / afk.

Nothing got on my nerves more than the timewasting mentality, not the skill disparity, not the loot handling, not the "I don't care to improve" attitude, but these "stand and twiddle thumbs for half an hour because reasons" moments that were way too numerous. Unfortunately, pugging is even worse than that as a way to gear up, the timewasting factor is several magnitudes higher. In a pug the proportion of downtime to actually raiding bloats the time commitment you have to make to get anything done I don't know how anyone can consider that a remotely good way to raid.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    You can go from an LFR raider to a top 100 world mythic raider in a single tier assuming you start the process at the beginning of the tier. Beginning of expansions are the best place to start this process. Many players are stuck in the LFR/casual raiding scene and can't seem to break that barrier into mythic content. Here is a straightforward 100% way to break that barrier in BFA.
    Your guide is forgetting one very important thing that needs to happen at every step: Growth.

The single biggest barrier to making it as a mythic raider is not gear or logs, but ability. Somebody who has only ever been an LFR casual is not going have the experience and skill needed to develop the ability to get those logs no matter how good their gear.

Once you start organised raiding, that is where you start to build your experience and grow you skill. The more work you put into it, the faster you'll grow, but WoW isn't the Karate Kid where in 6 weeks you can progress from being a complete noob to topping the logs. It takes time, effort and dedication.

So, at each of these stages, grow into the guild you're raiding with. Learn from them, improve your game and getter better until you've outgrown your guild. If you've done this, then your logs will reflect it and it will be easy progressing to a stronger guild. Also, your guildmates will not think badly of you if they can see that you're playing at a level above them.

I have seen several players follow the path of progression through our guild. Those who were genuinely quality players have left with our blessing. We can't hold it against someone for pursuing goals they have worked hard to earn, and which we can't help them with. But we've also had assholes with delusions of grandeur who seem to think they're better than us who've moved on claiming that we're holding them back, only to find themselves out in the cold 2 months later when their new guild dumps them because they suck.

PS: Seriously, Masterlooter isn't even a real factor in this equation.

7+ Year Old Account
    That entire journey would proberly take 1½-2 expansions for any normal being xD Besides, you are also assuming a lot, like having the search for new guilds being a success and not hit and misses, with teams going well and bad by random, and by the idea of not getting stuck by some progress barrier between joining guilds.

It is easy to show the way to go to the top, it is quite different to actually do it. I also know the way to become a millionarie, but that does not mean that i can just summon the will to actually do all that.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Just pay 2m gold for a full mythic clear and get all your leet gear. Gold=king in this game.
    Are you saying that you can realistically out gear the people that host the run? If no, and you are king, what are those people?

Or you are saying those that GET your 2M is king? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    That entire journey would proberly take 1½-2 expansions for any normal being xD Besides, you are also assuming a lot, like having the search for new guilds being a success and not hit and misses, with teams going well and bad by random, and by the idea of not getting stuck by some progress barrier between joining guilds.

It is easy to show the way to go to the top, it is quite different to actually do it. I also know the way to become a millionarie, but that does not mean that i can just summon the will to actually do all that.
    It isnt actually that hard... you can easily do it in a single tier if your skills are up to snuff. Just don't stay in a guild if you are clearly far ahead of more then a few of your players. Once your in a guild where everyone is roughly your skill level you know you have arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    So what op is saying is:

1.) Get into a raiding guild. Let them deck you in gear.
    2.) Leave them to get a better guild.

Rinse and repeat.

See, that is the reason most people do not want to do mythic raiding. As it is a complete continuum of asshatteries on the path up. Beside the fact that it is illusionary that most people would even want to commit their life to world of warcraft just for choreographed party dancing.
    its nothing different then it happend in past .

some guilds always were "feeder " guilds for those above them . anyone raiding at any semi-decent level knows it perfeckly because what people dont realise that people from different guilds know each other and play with each other in pugs relatively often .

guilds hoppers were always a thing. it was always the only way to "progress " for majority of people in hardmodes.

this is just lame attempt at trolling and should be closed - we already have pelnty of threads about ML being removed rollin around

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

this is also the main reason why mythic raiding is associated so closely with being jobless - because normaly functioning human do not have time for spending 3-4 nights a week on set schedule for X amount of months in computer game.

are there expetions ? sure - but there are extremly few.

show me people with normaly functioning families and promising work carriers who can afford to do so. i dare

most of hardmodes " carriers " finish as soon as people leave university when real life kicks in

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its nothing different then it happend in past .

some guilds always were "feeder " guilds for those above them . anyone raiding at any semi-decent level knows it perfeckly because what people dont realise that people from different guilds know each other and play with each other in pugs relatively often .

guilds hoppers were always a thing. it was always the only way to "progress " for majority of people in hardmodes.

this is just lame attempt at trolling and should be closed - we already have pelnty of threads about ML being removed rollin around

- - - Updated - - -

this is also the main reason why mythic raiding is associated so closely with being jobless - because normaly functioning human do not have time for spending 3-4 nights a week on set schedule for X amount of months in computer game.

are there expetions ? sure - but there are extremly few.

show me people with normaly functioning families and promising work carriers who can afford to do so. i dare

most of hardmodes " carriers " finish as soon as people leave university when real life kicks in
    Well in our guild meet up we had one of the top surgeons for premature births and a host of tradesmen. Lowest wage was 28 dollars a hour so.. millage may vary? Then again there are mythic guilds that go 40 hours a week and ones that go 9 hours so millage may very.

It feels more like sour grapes when people try to paint progression raising as some kind of massive commitment.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaLiSs View Post
    There are already plenty of assholes playing this game, thanks for writing a "guide" to make more of them.
    lol

I was thinking the same thing. We already have too many players too worried about their epeen. How about playing a game to, well, enjoy the game?

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    lol

I was thinking the same thing. We already have too many players too worried about their epeen. How about playing a game to, well, enjoy the game?
    What is wrong with enjoying the game with people of the same skill level.