Thread: E3 WoW Panel.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It feels forced and artificial because it is :P we all know its old god corruption!
    Ain't nothing artificial about Horde nailing humans to the walls of buildings in front of children.

The panel is set to take place on Wednesday, June 13 at 11:30 am PDT / 2:30 pm EDT.

Read more at The Outerhaven: Blizzard Brings World of Warcraft Storytelling to E3 http://www.theouterhaven.net/?p=128981

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Something something High Elf

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I disagree, but that's how subjective stuff works I guess.

As I said I have no issue with the faction conflict, I just feel that most of the time when it's front and center, it feels totally contrived.
    there is too much bad blood between the races as a whole to have some true peace besides some brief moments of cease fire because of world annihilation threat

No matter how good the faction leader is, and how much he want peace, conflict is inevitable because of determinate groups( like clans/tribes or organizations) or the need of resources.

the problem is blizzard terrible writing and the constant of making our characters working with the other factions, and focusing on the "actual lore" they neglect the rest, and the fact is our characters are not our factions, so in the end, the factions didn't work together that well, like people think

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoomReaver View Post
    The panel is set to take place on Wednesday, June 13 at 11:30 am PDT / 2:30 pm EDT.
    So 20:30 CEST (EU server time) if I am doing the conversion well, in case someone wanted to know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    War and PvP have always taken a backseat in this game, for an expansion all about Horde vs Alliance, why is almost all the content PvE?
    Because its still a PvE game with added PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Reminds me of Babylon 5's story ending. 2 ancient sides manipulating the universe for their own ends and the younger races standing between them telling em to fuck off.
    Never heard of that but i'm definitely gonna check.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there is too much bad blood between the races as a whole to have some true peace besides some brief moments of cease fire because of world annihilation threat

No matter how good the faction leader is, and how much he want peace, conflict is inevitable because of determinate groups( like clans/tribes or organizations) or the need of resources.

the problem is blizzard terrible writing and the constant of making our characters working with the other factions, and focusing on the "actual lore" they neglect the rest, and the fact is our characters are not our factions, so in the end, the factions didn't work together that well, like people think
    I agree that there will always be conflict, as there should be because of the tensions between races. The problem I have is how central that conflict becomes and how large the conflict becomes until we're in all out war. All out war in the setting we're in just doesn't make sense anymore because we've identified larger, world ending threats that transcend this faction conflict. So us being at each others throats while these threats exist just seems stupid.

I never said I wanted peace, I just don't want all out war because as I said I think it's stupid and a complete waste of resources when there are much larger known threats. Like children fighting over a toy while a robber has a gun pointed at them.

Sorry but nintendo won E3.

They actually showed gameplay unlike wow that just showed some random cinematic from the game.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    No dude you don't get it. The main story is Horde versus Alliance. Always was always gonna be until there is no more WOW. It doesn't matter if you agree or not this is not a matter of opinion, it's just what WOW is about.

If you're expecting something better than that storywise go play a different game, honestly Blizzard has always been weak in the story telling department.

P.s. you did not just stroll in and kill C'thun in Vanilla, you fought the other faction to open the gate to even step foot in the raid in the first place. You got no idea.
    WC3, arguably the best game in the Warcraft series, wasn't Horde vs. Alliance. Horde vs. Alliance popped up for a little while in the Orc campaign, and then was promptly shoved aside for more important matters. Then they made peace at the end. We had:

The Scourge, the Burning Legion, the Founding of Durotar, Maiev hunting Illidan, the Blood Elves escaping to Outland, the Rise of the Lich King, and more.

There was a small amount of Kul Tiras trying to fight the Orcs, but that was swiftly resolved. There's much more to this world than just Horde vs. Alliance, as it should be since it's a huge massive world with tons of peoples and events, not just two factions duking it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

I never understood this, especially since the idea behind BfA is all 'Horde for Kalimdor, Alliance for EK will make going to war harder and taking care of ourselves easier'.

Why can't they just say, "Well, that was a travesty but we can rebuild here now that we've got our own continent all to ourselves."?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I agree that there will always be conflict, as there should be because of the tensions between races. The problem I have is how central that conflict becomes and how large the conflict becomes until we're in all out war. All out war in the setting we're in just doesn't make sense anymore because we've identified larger, world ending threats that transcend this faction conflict. So us being at each others throats while these threats exist just seems stupid.´
    and there is no more world ending threads, the legion is defeated, the true enemy now is ourselves and the factions

don't forget the factions, the "civilians" and soldiers don't read books or other lore sources, they don't know about the void lord thread, if there is another old god around and who the heck azshara is, so, the war make sense

what don't make sense are the reasons they give to us, lazy and terrible reasons

I never said I wanted peace, I just don't want all out war because as I said I think it's stupid and a complete waste of resources when there are much larger known threats. Like children fighting over a toy while a robber has a gun pointed at them.
    Again, the threads are unknown till now

And the war will not always be the main point, is one of the main points, who help add flavor to the game

thats why legion, and a bit of wod were terrible expansions in the terms of lore, case the factions are meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Why can't they just say, "Well, that was a travesty but we can rebuild here now that we've got our own continent all to ourselves."?
    If someone burns down not only your home but also your style of life, would you just shrug it off, and hope it doesn't happen again?
    Because I certainly wouldn't. How can you feel safe if a faction of people is out there capable of such things?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If someone burns down not only your home but also your style of life, would you just shrug it off, and hope it doesn't happen again?
    Because I certainly wouldn't. How can you feel safe if a faction of people is out there capable of such things?
    No, you fall back, build up defenses and forces, prepare for an inevitable attacks but also make the best of what you've been presented with. Of course you don't just let your guard down, but striking back when the other side clearly has a major advantage and claims nearly all the territory in an area sounds pretty dumb.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    WC3, arguably the best game in the Warcraft series, wasn't Horde vs. Alliance. Horde vs. Alliance popped up for a little while in the Orc campaign, and then was promptly shoved aside for more important matters.
    people can claim WC2 was better in lore, and WC3 just was far ahead because of graphics and gameplay, anyway

Even Wc3 had a lot of HxA conflicts, its not the main point, but was one of the main points

the thing is they introduced 2 other factions, so, regardless the HxA, the faction conflict still existed besides then, alliance vs the scourge, horde vs the sentinels

the horde even fight against the scourge and mainly against the alliance to leave eastern kingdoms, and in kalindor against jaina's forces and again in the expansion with the alliance of Daelin

I never understood this, especially since the idea behind BfA is all 'Horde for Kalimdor, Alliance for EK will make going to war harder and taking care of ourselves easier'.

i didn't understood your point here

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Because its still a PvE game with added PvP.
    More news at 11.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

I think we all know that BfA isn't REALLY about the faction war. The title "Battle for Azeroth" will be referring to us fighting off world ending threats. Only this time, Horde and Ally are all mad at each other. The faction conflict, of which there has been a tiny spark of all the time, is just a sideshow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    So...

Nothing new?! A...are we serious?!

...We're 2 months close to release...

...No...PTR News?! No second raid testing?! Nothing?! NO LOGIN SCREEN?! W...we serious here or...?!
    no news? have you silly not been following the datamining at wowhead the last MONTH????

10+ Year Old Account
    The entitlement is strong in this thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    My work here is done.
    Doing absolutely jack shit, yes I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    War and PvP have always taken a backseat in this game, for an expansion all about Horde vs Alliance, why is almost all the content PvE?
    Player vs player is not the only way to have Alliance vs. Horde. The PvE content is all themed around Alliance vs. Horde. Warfronts, for example while they are PvE, the bosses you fight are of your opposing faction. IF you are Horde, you fight Alliance nps and vice versa. Horde vs. Alliance does not = player vs player only.