Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Ugh, and when I have a really clean attempt going I get a rune that explodes immediately
    My successful strategy has been equipping 1 survival legendary (either blink chest or Prydaz) and one DPS legendary or Sephuz, which is great in this encounter.

I usually spammed AE (at the beginning with all buffs including TW), and resettet stacks with ABarr, slowed Jarl when he was in enrage, sheep on Sigryn when she does her blood of the father cast (with a macro), and focus damage on Runeseer when he put his shield up. Since I specced into Chrono Shift, kiting both melees with AE spam was not that problematic. Used frost nova, when I had to run over runes or evocate. Specced into shimmer because of survival legendaries; without these, I would have used Mana Shield talent.

But it's really mostly running around spamming AE in the first part. In the second part, you can decide to keep Sigryn in Sheep most of the time, and focus Runeseer, or continue with your AE spam, depending on your kiting abilities and legendaries. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    The only dps challenges I'm missing now are disc priest, sin rogue and arcane mage.

Despite my mage being fairly well geared I struggled with survivability due to arcane having little to no sustain without proper legendaries. But now I finally got the legendary chest on my mage so I suspect I'll get it easily the next time the challenge is available.

As for rogue and priest, I've yet to give the rogue a try and suspect I'll easily complete it with the survivability tools they have available. I'm mostly missing good trinkets and relics for my priest but I've oneshot every Tugar challenge so far, so I doubt I'll struggle with mechanics

Once I've finished with dps I'll move on to the tank challenges I'm missing, which is everything but prot paladin. I suspect I'll have the hardest time with brewmaster because it's the one I've played the least followed closely by vengeance and blood. Prot warrior will probably be the easiest for me followed by guardian despite lacking good dps legendaries for it.

And finally I'll start doing healing challenges. I'm dreading this both because of the length of the scenario and because I haven't healed on any class except shaman in ages and I struggled to complete the challenge on my shaman despite having every legendary available as well as it being my best geared character. It'll certainly be interesting to learn how to utilize all the spells and cooldowns properly.
    I think that you have a good character to get into the healing encounter with shaman. You have good emergency heals, many CDs, aoe stun with totem, interrupt and purge. And for kiting, you can use ghost wolf form, if things get hard.

Though, if you have many legendaries, you can use Prydaz+Roots in the first part, and switch to throughput legendaries to heal up ghosts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    The only dps challenges I'm missing now are disc priest, sin rogue and arcane mage.

Despite my mage being fairly well geared I struggled with survivability due to arcane having little to no sustain without proper legendaries. But now I finally got the legendary chest on my mage so I suspect I'll get it easily the next time the challenge is available.

As for rogue and priest, I've yet to give the rogue a try and suspect I'll easily complete it with the survivability tools they have available. I'm mostly missing good trinkets and relics for my priest but I've oneshot every Tugar challenge so far, so I doubt I'll struggle with mechanics

Once I've finished with dps I'll move on to the tank challenges I'm missing, which is everything but prot paladin. I suspect I'll have the hardest time with brewmaster because it's the one I've played the least followed closely by vengeance and blood. Prot warrior will probably be the easiest for me followed by guardian despite lacking good dps legendaries for it.

And finally I'll start doing healing challenges. I'm dreading this both because of the length of the scenario and because I haven't healed on any class except shaman in ages and I struggled to complete the challenge on my shaman despite having every legendary available as well as it being my best geared character. It'll certainly be interesting to learn how to utilize all the spells and cooldowns properly.
    Once you've got the chest for Arcane it becomes more doable simply due to being able to drop Mana Shield. Assas Rogue is very easy with leeching poison. Disc priest is very easy as well, just be topped (and preferably with a shield later on in the fight) when he does his nuke. The only reason I personally didn't get him in my first try as Disc priest was because I failed that due to repetition and boredom xD.

As general advise for the tank challenge: play aggressively. Prot Warrior can either be the hardest or the easiest depending on your gear/leggo's. P1 is very hard so the faster you can get it over with the better. P2 is very easy, because you can spell reflect twisted reflection. If you can get your hands on Tier 21-2p that helps majorly. Second helpful item would be the healing bracers. Having the hands is the icing on the cake. BrM is not that hard to play. Most useful leggo for that one is the shoulders so you have 2 charges of Keg Smash. Vengeance is one the easier ones because you have the perfect toolkit and high dps, even with no notable leggo's. It's not very hard to play either.

Healing challenges you generally don't need specific leggos, but it is always nice to have some. Prydaz is very useful on P1 to have some extra survivability, but not required. I had some issue with shaman as well as the damage that is thrown out is a bit more bursty than on the other healers due to it taking your mastery into account. I had most issues with Holy Priest due to the spirit healing phase as you have very little room to F-up. You need a plan for your cd rotation there.
    For the same phase on druid, don't bother with HoTs, you don't have the GCDs and time to let them tick. For holy Pala, try to heal 3 in the first wave with cds, then just focus 2 per wave and only healbomb one on the 4th wave. Beacons make it very easy to keep your party alive during this. Monk, well... just Vifivy yourself to victory in that phase, it is that easy.

Got to the ghosts 1st try as Druid Heals, didnt have heals or CDs planned out at all as I was really not expecting to breeze thru P1 (even after eating a Mana Sting on the last wave).

Feeling good about finishing this one today, at least. It's the one heal skin I really want. Tyandor's Monk comment makes me wanna try that one as well though.

As for Sub and Shadow, those challenges can go jump in a lake. I hate them both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    As for Sub and Shadow, those challenges can go jump in a lake. I hate them both.
    Never really understood the hate for Shadow. Sure it took me a good amount of attempts, but I was undergeared. Once I went up 4 ilvls and used S2M I blew it out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Never really understood the hate for Shadow. Sure it took me a good amount of attempts, but I was undergeared. Once I went up 4 ilvls and used S2M I blew it out of the water.
    I know everyone says it's easy, but this one's my freaking White Whale I guess. I'm at around 930 and its a total mess when I do it. Obviously a skill issue.

I've tried going Voidform everywhere from 80 to 35% on Karam and it's a shitshow either way.

Deleted
    I know everyone says it's easy, but this one's my freaking White Whale I guess. I'm at around 930 and its a total mess when I do it. Obviously a skill issue.

I've tried going Voidform everywhere from 80 to 35% on Karam and it's a shitshow either way.
    It's a weird one in terms of cds. I didn't pop S2M until he was at like 30% because I was always doing fine in other pulls until that point. Some people pop S2M from the start.

It's a weird one in terms of cds. I didn't pop S2M until he was at like 30% because I was always doing fine in other pulls until that point. Some people pop S2M from the start.
    At 30, he's already transitioned?

I do pop S2M itself basically at the start, but vary when I actually do Void Eruption/Voidform, which starts the death clock ticking.

Unfortunately for me, I either die 1) when I only got Raest to like 30-40% and he immunes or 2) roughly 1 second after he activates and my Insanity drains. There's been no middle ground or close wipes, for me.

I'm just bad at Shadow generally and S2M in particular.

Deleted

I do pop S2M itself basically at the start, but vary when I actually do Void Eruption/Voidform, which starts the death clock ticking.

Unfortunately for me, I either die 1) when I only got Raest to like 30-40% and he immunes or 2) roughly 1 second after he activates and my Insanity drains. There's been no middle ground or close wipes, for me.

Yeah 30% is last phase right?

Don't go S2M if you're prolonging Void Form because of it. S2M really is just pressing anything that's off cd right away, regardless of what it is.

Deleted

Regarding shadow - if you don't have success with 2 phase strategy, try the 4 phase one. P1 and P2 you play normally, kite Karam, use void form without S2M, and burn Raest as much as you get.

Then, when Karam reactivates the 2nd time, use S2M immediately, so you stay mobile, and go into voidform when the 2nd hand spawns. This way, you can surely avoid the 3rd hand spawning when Karam goes into purgatory again, and will be able to burn down Raest in P4 easily.

Worked out well with my shadow with item level of about 915 (chest + shoulders legendaries). You just need to have your insanity as high as possible in the transition from P3 to P4, when Raest activates again. I just sent my Mindebender (talented) after Raest immediately after getting the first dot on him. Also save Void Torrent for P4 after you enter Void Form with S2M active. I don't even remember if I had a rune in P4. I did not pay attention to that anymore. But you can handle that with Mind Bomb on the adds.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah 30% is last phase right?

Don't go S2M if you're prolonging Void Form because of it. S2M really is just pressing anything that's off cd right away, regardless of what it is.
    If you do the 2 phase strategy, you use S2M immediately on pull, but enter Void Form when Karam reaches his HP threshold you are comfortable with.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2018-06-14 at 04:55 PM.

Got these done this cycle, all thats left is leveling a shaman for the final 3

Guard Druid
    Blood DK
    Vengence DH
    Brewmaster Monk
    Mistweaver Monk
    Resto Druid
    Holy Paladin
    Demo Warlock

Mistweaver took surprisingly long, I had real troubles with the first phase but vivify is super OP for the ghost heal, resto druid and holy pld were 1-2 tries each, super easy but I learned the fight on holy priest.

Brewmaster took about 20 tries to get the statue timing right. guard druid was a second try kill, definitely easiest to dps of all the tanks IMO. Veng DH was a second try as well, even after messing up on infernal like 6 times. Wings is just super powerful in that fight and the @Player macros help quite a bit.

Deleted

That has been my problem with my 2nd shadow priest, that's why I did 4 phase strategy with S2M in P3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothriel View Post
    Brewmaster took about 20 tries to get the statue timing right.

...crap. I forgot they have that.
    I did it without the statue. That would've been so freaking usefull..

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Regarding shadow - if you don't have success with 2 phase strategy, try the 4 phase one. P1 and P2 you play normally, kite Karam, use void form without S2M, and burn Raest as much as you get.

Then, when Karam reactivates the 2nd time, use S2M immediately, so you stay mobile, and go into voidform when the 2nd hand spawns. This way, you can surely avoid the 3rd hand spawning when Karam goes into purgatory again, and will be able to burn down Raest in P4 easily.

Worked out well with my shadow with item level of about 915 (chest + shoulders legendaries). You just need to have your insanity as high as possible in the transition from P3 to P4, when Raest activates again. I just sent my Mindebender (talented) after Raest immediately after getting the first dot on him. Also save Void Torrent for P4 after you enter Void Form with S2M active. I don't even remember if I had a rune in P4. I did not pay attention to that anymore. But you can handle that with Mind Bomb on the adds.

- - - Updated - - -

If you do the 2 phase strategy, you use S2M immediately on pull, but enter Void Form when Karam reaches his HP threshold you are comfortable with.
    Thanks - that strategy makes sense. I mean kiting him down to 34% without mobility in P1 kind of sucks, but should be doable.

- - - Updated - - -

So last stage of healing, is it typical for him to Ignite Soul on you, the first time, before ANY jumps/puddles have happened?

Seems like a no-win situation, there was no way to lose health. Sucked.

So last stage of healing, is it typical for him to Ignite Soul on you, the first time, before ANY jumps/puddles have happened?

You mean the healing challenge? That probably happened because you managed to stop his jump midway.

Thanks - that strategy makes sense. I mean kiting him down to 34% without mobility in P1 kind of sucks, but should be doable.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a puddle bug after the jump and not spawn while doing it on my MW once.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    I had a puddle bug after the jump and not spawn while doing it on my MW once.
    Crackling Jade Lightning maybe? It's suppose to only knock back meleeattackers but that comes to mind. You were probably standing back trying to get some ranged dps in right? I think that happened to me once, but not an assured wipe for me since my gear was kinda badish and so my hp wasn't great to begin with.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2018-06-14 at 08:50 PM.

I was having the same problem on my MW even though I wasn't doing anything to stop him. He would jump but no flame patch would appear. I think it might have something to do with standing too close to the wall. Managed to get it done after a few attempts though. I died, then Jarod and Erdris died at the exact same time, the mage tower stopped time, but it counted anyway.

Woohoo Resto Druid down, that's #30 for me and the last one I _really_ wanted.

My strat for ghost healing was one from wowhead:
    1st - Drums, Lifebloom them spam Regrowth, one at a time (the Arbalest far left usually got thru but thats actually better...)
    2nd - Incarnation, Regrowth spam single target
    3rd - Tranqulity

Boss is a little hectic and the timing does seem semi random, but Wild Growth on CD basically carried the day. I did some DPS on him.

I had a 3% wipe previous where I died when he was ~20% and Jarrods health was low, so I pretty much knew this was a win, ended up being a clean kill though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 5 110s and i am not a completionist bust i have been dicking around lately and got a few this week casually. Mainly prot war, ele shaman and holy paladin. My total so far is :

War - prot
    paladin - prot and holy
    druid - guardian and resto
    shaman - ele and resto
    priest - shadow

Thats basically all of the ones i need since those are the only specs i play on each toon. I might do holy priest once i get some holy relics but im not too worried about it. All toons +930, i had a bit of trouble with ele shaman and holy paladin mainly bc i havent played the specs this xp. Took 10-15 each. Prot warrior i 1 shot this week dumping all CDs at start and zering the first guy. I do love these mini challenges though so who knows might do more if i get the itch!

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    I have 5 110s and i am not a completionist bust i have been dicking around lately and got a few this week casually. Mainly prot war, ele shaman and holy paladin. My total so far is :

War - prot
    paladin - prot and holy
    druid - guardian and resto
    shaman - ele and resto
    priest - shadow

Thats basically all of the ones i need since those are the only specs i play on each toon. I might do holy priest once i get some holy relics but im not too worried about it. All toons +930, i had a bit of trouble with ele shaman and holy paladin mainly bc i havent played the specs this xp. Took 10-15 each. Prot warrior i 1 shot this week dumping all CDs at start and zering the first guy. I do love these mini challenges though so who knows might do more if i get the itch!
    Grats! You should at least consider Feral - that skin is pure awesome and the challenge is not that hard, and can be helped immensely by consumables (Lightblood Elixir / Greater Blessed bandage) and Command Center if it happens to overlap.