Page 1 of 36
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Popular TV Host Chris Hardwick accused of sexual abuse

(Trigger warning: If abuse, sexual assault, or anorexia makes you uncomfortable, you might want to avoid this one.)

https://medium.com/@skydart/rose-col...s-6be0594970ca

he's the guy that hosts AMC Talking Dead, NBC's The Wall & the nerdist podcast. sad.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    (Trigger warning: If abuse, sexual assault, or anorexia makes you uncomfortable, you might want to avoid this one.)

he's the guy that hosts AMC Talking Dead, NBC's The Wall & the nerdist podcast. sad.
    Accused not found guilty yes?

Hey that's the chick from those Max Landis superman/wrestling videos. So hot.

Sucks that she let some manlet dominate her this hard. At least it's currently popular to go public about the time you were too stupid to leave an abusive relationship. Good for her.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    there has been no court case, but just like most of these #MeToo stuff, it is dealt with in the court of public opinion.
    Hi

there has been no court case, but just like most of these #MeToo stuff, it is dealt with in the court of public opinion.
    The harshest and most unfair and bias court there is!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Looks like his wick got a bit too hard.

Because of my leaving him for someone else, he made calls to several companies I received regular work from to get me fired by threatening to never work with them. He succeeded. I was blacklisted. With the assistance of a woman who’d gained my trust and my heart over the past year, he steamrolled my career.

If that's true, that's not right.

The OP article is written by the girl so I'm sure it's 100% her side of things. I would like to hear his side of things.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Contrast this reaction with the case involving Muslims in the other thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Translation i don't believe it not till i see actual proof.

10+ Year Old Account
    Translation i don't believe it not till i see actual proof.
    i think it is best to support the victims
    Hi

So you support Hardwick? As he's the one who's innocent until proven guilty; aka, the victim of these (hereto) unproven accusations.

Good to know.

He has been accused and found guilty in the court of social media - as is currently the case with all these scenarios.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this mentality is beyond dangerous and will cause a backlash that will make people more suspicious of rape accusations in the long run thus being more damaging and making it harder for rape victims to come forward

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    He has been accused and found guilty in the court of social media - as is currently the case with all these scenarios.
    Oh i know. Sadly this has become the norm. And as i already said i consider it to be dangerous in multiple ways

This is really unfortunate. I'm a big fan of Hardwick, the Nerdist podcast, his stand-up, all that sort of stuff. I hope he didn't do this. But he's... unfortunately not the first person who's been revealed as a secret bastard, so... idk anymore.

I went through a similar thing with Louis C.K. already and I didn't want to see this shit happen again. Like, control yourselves better, talented funny people. For fuck's sake.

Now I've gotta go through all this again. "Does this retroactively taint my enjoyment of all his previous work?" "Can I separate his personal life from his body of work?" "Am I still allowed to watch and like new shit he comes out with, or does that make me a monster if I can remain a fan?"

Ugh. Fuck this timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't naming and shaming, its "don't be stupid like I was".

I don't see a lot of reason to disbelieve, she was in a shitty relationship with a shitty boyfriend, its not an uncommon thing.

i think it's best to believe evidence rather than uncorroborated sob stories.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    This isn't naming and shaming, its "don't be stupid like I was".

I don't see a lot of reason to disbelieve, she was in a shitty relationship with a shitty boyfriend, its not an uncommon thing.
    ^^^^

It wouldn't be surprising if a wealthy dude on tv turned out to be a dick off camera, it isn't exactly something that is too uncommon.

Deleted
    Well, we sure have one side of the story now. Of course, the other side has now been made completely irrelevant, as we all well know. There goes Chris Hardwick's career and life, whether Chloe made up this shit or not. There goes Talking Dead, too. Oh well.

Back in Heroes of Cosplay days, I remember reading up on Dykstra, and there were stories about how she's fallen out with John over being a spoiled brat, and then of course all the topless camgirling and whatever she did. Just wondering about her credibility and trying to judge her character since it's her words we're supposed to take as truth now.

Anyways, it's a shame to think this, but I for one do hope he did actually put her through hell for all those years because that is what she's claiming, and those are the words she used to destroy his life, so there better not be even a hint of embellishment there. If there isn't, then I really do wonder why she didn't just leave Hardwick, but meh, I suppose he's some super powerful dude or something and she was afraid or whatever. I dunno. If it's all true then I guess that's one more monster down, and that's great. If she's making shit up though, well...hope she isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    This isn't naming and shaming
    You're right. It's the absolute and utter destruction of a person's career and life. Hardwick will, most likely, lose the Talking Dead gig, lose The Wall, lose whatever else jobs he's had, not get another job anywhere, probably her new wife will leave him, he'll most likely start eating and drinking again, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he drives his car into a tree. Which is fine, I guess, if his treatment of Chloe in that relationship really was that bad, and really warrants all that.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2018-06-15 at 11:02 AM.

If it's all true then I guess that's one more monster down, and that's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1c3 View Post
    This is really unfortunate. I'm a big fan of Hardwick, the Nerdist podcast, his stand-up, all that sort of stuff. I hope he didn't do this. But he's... unfortunately not the first person who's been revealed as a secret bastard, so... idk anymore.

I went through a similar thing with Louis C.K. already and I didn't want to see this shit happen again. Like, control yourselves better, talented funny people. For fuck's sake.

Now I've gotta go through all this again. "Does this retroactively taint my enjoyment of all his previous work?" "Can I separate his personal life from his body of work?" "Am I still allowed to watch and like new shit he comes out with, or does that make me a monster if I can remain a fan?"

Ugh. Fuck this timeline.
    And nowhere in the post did the question "did he even do it?" come up.

Thank God people like you didn't come up with the justice system.