Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Why would they wanna remove it, it's fun. I think they should put there more interesting items so people would dig more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arch is a great time sink, if you got nothing else to do.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate, truly hate the "Pristine version achievements" but other than that, I love Archaeology. Legion system SUCKED though, I mean, it was the worst system yet. The whole fun aspect of the Rare solves is the feeling like "any solve now a rare could pop up" and that is what gave the profession some excitement. To have the rares bound to a quest with 100% "drop" is pure garbage.

I absolutely don't want it removed, but I want it changed. Remove the Pristine achievements and remove the quests for the rares. Add more rares and let rares be only from solves!

All in all, the system was PERFECT back in Cataclysm, go back to that!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    'Remove something because I don't like it and it's boring' isn't really an excuse, Archaeology is supposed to be about lore and vanity rewards, the problem is that it's been done rather poorly. They should probably take a look at it and do something with it. Removing it doesn't add anything you're just taking something away from other people and you aren't even forced to do it. This is the same bizarre mentality we had around Cataclysm zone revamp and superior worgen alpha models where - for what ever selfish reason - we had very strange people who thought something shouldn't exist because they themselves didn't want it. It's stupid suggestions like this that ruin the game.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2018-06-15 at 12:20 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I absolutely don't want it removed, but I want it changed. Remove the Pristine achievements and remove the quests for the rares. Add more rares and let rares be only from solves!

All in all, the system was PERFECT back in Cataclysm, go back to that!
    I remember hating my life while I grinded that fucking sword all day and night and crying whenever I got 10+ fossil or Dwarf digs in a row without any Trolls. I despised it beyond belief and to this day still consider that grind the single biggest timesink of anything ever in 12 or something years of playing this fucking game but damn if I didn't want that fucking sword and damn if I didn't relish finally getting it in. When they changed that system and made it easier to grind in numerous ways, it just kinda died off. Sure you can still get cool stuff from it eventually...but it's just not the same. The Cata system was painful and annoying and just outright unfair but that's what made it so addictive for me.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

7+ Year Old Account
    While i really enjoy the idea of Archaeology and really enjoyed doing it during MoP and Cata, i actually agree with OP - Archaeology has been abandoned by the devs and are only kept alive through the minor of updates each expansion, that somehow makes it worse each time. The way Legion dealt with Archaeology made it an achievement profession, with no other use than getting a chance at a toy or some useless item every 2 weeks. It is laughably unused and it should really just be put out of misery.

.... That said, i still think Archeology have potential. Its rewards back in Cata were quite fine, with mounts, cool gear and toys being the reward. You had no reason to wait doing it, you could do it all in 1 week if you just liked to dig for treasure and it pushed out fishing as my relaxing auto-activity in WoW. If Blizzard have no intention in making Archaeology fun or intersting or atleast rewarding, then why not just remove it and let people focus on other things in the game, that might actually satisfy more than just the average sadist in timewasting.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    They should just roll mining, herbing, and skinning into one profession called gathering make it a secondary skill so everyone can use it. I get to mine, herb, skin things doing quests why not all the time?
    I love this idea. Also, I would like to see Arch return to how it was when it launched in Cata. Having to solve to get rares pop up was the most exciting part of it. Not just doing a quest and getting it, that's lame as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Hi all.
    So I've been thinking about this for a while.
    First aid is being removed and all its achievements are being transferred to legacy. The profession has outlived its usefulness and its recipes are being moved to other professions.
    Why first aid? I can agree bandages have become pretty useless with our health pool becoming absurd. The profession was reduced to a gimmick in order to get the "Field Medic" achievement, which is a red flag that the profession needs to be dealt with badly.

How come, then, that archaeology has been in a far worse shape for expansions now, and it's still there?
    I didn't even think it was such a great idea back when it was released, to be fair. It was useful to grab some ilvl359 gear pieces or the Qiraji mount. But ever since MoP... I mean... just look at its achievements:
    Collect 20 of x. Collect 20 of x (<-Repeat for every single common find). Find all pristine common artifacts. Complete 250 (??!!) Legion digsites.

Archaeology has been a disaster for expansions now. It's just an extremely boring grind. It has no soul to it, assuming it ever had one. The only remotely useful thing it did in Legion was giving you questlines that would get you a pet, a mount, a trinket (basically what the profession has been doing so far, but with a hint of guaranteed rewards, since you just need the weekly quest).

If first aid is getting removed because it outlived its usefulness, archaeology never had one to begin with. Just look at the achievements tab. 104 achievements, more than any other secondary profession.
    Fishing is super annoying too, but people enjoy it and it has various reputations/mounts/pets/even an artifact tied to it.
    Last but not least, I think pet battles are also going the same way as archaeology (what with the horrible "beat all dudes with x kind of pet") in terms of being too grindy, but since I'm discussing professions, I'll leave it at that.

TL,DR: if you are out of ideas for a profession, just pull the plug on it instead of dragging it around. Give the first aid treatment to archaeology aswell.
    No thanks. At least Archaeology has more value in the long run than First Aid.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I agree that the Legion system is awful. After doing all the quests once there's nothing more to look forward to other than the achievements, so grinding them feels so pointless.

I don't want the Cata system back, because the rare solves were just too rare to get.

I've always hated Archaeology in this game