Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This news seems to have triggered you. Are you going to be OK?
    I triggered me? Yes i was triggered into pointing out that you kids dont seem to be happy even when someone does what you want them to do.

You're right, I'm drunk and got confused as I was responding to someone who moved goalposts on me. I started by calling out exclusives and they moved the goal posts to first party. I should have spotted the trolling right there.
    No goalpost moving. Your original post was just nothing but a jab at MS and nothing more. Can't help it that you got corrected for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I triggered me? Yes i was triggered into pointing out that you kids dont seem to be happy even when someone does what you want them to do.
    This is what I've been seeing since the MS E3 conference. People have been screaming at MS to get more first party games going for the Xbox. And now that MS is doing just that, people are now screaming at them for doing it. You just can't win with idiots on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never wanted Microsoft to buy more studios, I wanted them to entice existing studios to make exclusives that are worth a damn. You realize there's more than 1 other person posting on here, right?
    You are aware its not uncommon in the industry for this to happen right?

I never wanted Microsoft to buy more studios, I wanted them to entice existing studios to make exclusives that are worth a damn. You realize there's more than 1 other person posting on here, right?
    What does it matter if they buy them or entice them. Are they not allowed to own studios like sony and nintendo? You want them to do things but ONLY the way you want them to.

You obviously don't have the first damn clue on how businesses work do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, people have been screaming at microsoft to get exclusives. First party doesn't matter to ANYONE buy shareholders.
    Well, this will get exclusives.

No, people have been screaming at microsoft to get exclusives. First party doesn't matter to ANYONE buy shareholders.
    First Party studios make exclusives. They go hand in hand.

Just because you want MS to somehow get a bunch of second party exclusives "because reasons" doesn't mean that's going to happen.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-06-16 at 03:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Yeah, you're obviously drunk. You're making zero sense and are now contradicting yourself. Either sober up before posting or leave.
    he can report you for this statement.

And yet it seems to have ruffled your feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    he can report you for this statement.
    How? He just admitted in one of his prior posts he was drunk and is getting everything mixed up. And then he turned around and called me a jackass.

10+ Year Old Account
    How, he just admitted in one of his prior posts he was drunk and is getting everything mixed up?
    I have seen it happen with the mods around here.

As long as this results in quality first party games, then this is a good move for Microsoft. However, I still believe that making all Microsoft exclusives include PC is a mistake from an economics perspective. I as a PC player would buy a PS4 instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've got a feeling MS will be treating things differently this time around. I feel like they're finally starting to realize they NEED these first party studios to pump out more exclusives if they want to stay relevant against Sony/Nintendo. At least I'm hoping they're realizing this. Because God knows we'll be in trouble if Sony becomes the only real console on the market. Sony's greed would be dialed all the way up to 11 if that happened and gamers would suffer for it.
    I agree wholeheartedly with this.

I own all major consoles, and personally I prefer Xbox over all the others. I just wish it had more exclusives. I literally only own the others for exclusives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    As long as this results in quality first party games, then this is a good move for Microsoft. However, I still believe that making all Microsoft exclusives include PC is a mistake from an economics perspective. I as a PC player would buy a PS4 instead.
    Yep, I don't see myself ever using the play anywhere feature. I own an xbox to play on an xbox.
    Here is something to believe in!

I have seen it happen with the mods around here.
    So they're fine with drunks (who admit they're drunk) logging on here, messing up threads, and calling people names but they don't like it when someone asks said belligerent/rude person to leave? Wow, no wonder this site has been going downhill for awhile.

Also people are acting like this is new for the industry. I mean sure, Nintendo made/owned a lot of their own IPs, but they also have had Retro work on them. Sony didn't make some of the studios people associate with them and bought out some of them, and this move my MS is no different from what companies do. They buy studios, contract with studios, fund studios.
    The only studios Sony built from the ground up are the ones with Sony in their name... Sony Santa Monica, Sony Bend, Sony Japan Studio, Sony San Diego.

Its definitely not a bad thing when a platform holder acquires studios. In fact it's a dream for most of these small studios to be acquired by a company that is going to give then money and development freedom.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-06-16 at 03:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So they're fine with drunks (who admit they're drunk) logging on here, messing up threads, and calling people names but they don't like it when someone asks said belligerent/rude person to leave? Wow, no wonder this site has been going downhill for awhile.
    indeed
    /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    But MS is probably looking at it from the viewpoint of "well, if we can't get someone to buy an Xbox over a PS, at least we can still get a game sale out of them because they're likely to have a PC as well". With the way this console gen has been going, it was probably the smart thing to do in order to make more money off of software sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The only studios Sony built from the ground up are the ones with Sony in their name... Sony Santa Monica, Sony Bend, Sony Japan Studio.

Its definitely not a bad thing when a platform holder acquires studios. In fact it's a dream for most of these small studios to be acquired by a company that is going to give then money and development freedom.
    A lot of it may be PR, but overall yes this is what studios do want, security is always good for a business, what really matters is how good the deal is.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/14/nin...osoft-studios/

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The only studios Sony built from the ground up are the ones with Sony in their name... Sony Santa Monica, Sony Bend, Sony Japan Studio, Sony San Diego.

Hopefully. Hopefully this is what happens with these new studios MS has acquired. I for one will be royally pissed if MS bungles this up again like they did with prior studios.