Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    This demonstrates you are either lying or completely ignorant to what people are actually saying.
    "people" -- generally used to describe the ones complaining the loudest, broad-stroked in an attempt to make them represent a majority.

It's almost as though Gamergate was never against females and minorities being in the game industry and that was instead a narrative cooked up by unscrupulous people to distract from their shitty behavior.....

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Considering the whole GG thing revolves around 'sexism' and not some supremacist ideology... I would imagine so.
    Depends which Definition of Alt-Right you mean. Richard Spencers? or the Troll Milo. Regardless both seem to be sympathetic to what GG was and became.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Have they decided that gamers are bigots by default and therefore this must enrage them that e3 had women in its trailers?
    Yes. That is the delicious irony at the heart of all of this. They genuinely think this should make us upset.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Not sure, but alleged GG's have acted out like the Alt-Right before and it seems that they may both be sympathetic to the cause of being Anti-SJW.

Agreed that there was Media Bias, regardless most GG's just seem to spout ANTI-SJW hyperbole and rhetoric these days.
    Well, you're unsure, and while your previous post may have been a mere jab, it implied that you think or align with the thinking that Gamergaters are Alt-right. Regardless of what they're spouting, that isn't grounds to paint them as members of an ideologically extremist group, nor is being "anti-sjw" a criteria to immediately place folks into that particular box.

To put it into context: if I were to question decisions made about (lead) characters and narratives in games, would I then be a member of the alt-right?

There's very little noteworthy here beyond the Delusional Left's attempt to paint the fulfilling of a stereotypical cis het male fantasy as something innovative and brave - it's neither. If anything, it caters to the cis folk they despise. Two males kissing, now that would have been brave, though it still wouldn't have been a victory in the strictest sense - you gotta have actual enemies to win; persecutory delusions made flesh don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    People who aren't of the supposed "default" demographic.

Once again, you're outing yourself with the implication that games can be good, or diverse, but not both.
    they can be good with both, but nobody wants this cringey shit of playing up diversity in them. an agenda driven character's a detractor from a game.

i don't think ellie is an agenda though, just seems like natural progression of the game's story. she was always the second main character, next to joel, and now that joel's probably old and busted she's the main character. this is the right way to do this kind of thing, if you must do it.

hamfisted shit is annoying though, and will never be good for gaming or any other media.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Its a BBC article meant to get as many clicks as possible and its working. I do love seeing those dance to the tune.
    True that. However, it does say a lot about the site or reporter's journalistic integrity and honesty. Much like the Guardian and the thread on Einstein does.

Depends which Definition of Alt-Right you mean. Richard Spencers? or the Troll Milo. Regardless both seem to be sympathetic to what GG was and became.
    I fail to see how being anti-SJW/"Diversity" (in the sense of being done for the absolute sake of it, i.e. not 'naturally' done, aka abruptly) is being alt-right...

Deleted
    So some people you call alt right were sympathetic to GG, then all people sympathetic to GG are alt right?

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-44504344

Good read. And it goes to show that, although it may take a while, bigots are always on the losing side in the end.

This was a really good read--ty for posting, OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    I’m glad WoW has stuck to cartoon characters smashing the crap out of each other and has avoided the temptation to beat us over the head with characters sexual predilections. I suppose it’s only a matter of time before a major lore character is depicted as homosexual, but I hope it’s a passing reference and not some major plot point.

That goes for the heterosexual characters as well. I remember some years back either reading a novel or short story that depicted Arthas and Jaina consummating their relationship and thought it was unnecessary. I’m not a prude, but this goofy fantasy world isn’t the place for involved romance stories. It just feels out of place.
    Blizzard's writers don't have the talent to write character motivations, let alone a romance. I hope they just keep them out of the game.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Putin-Chan View Post
    Blizzard's writers don't have the talent to write character motivations, let alone a romance. I hope they just keep them out of the game.
    Is that why Anduin is still single?

Deleted
    sometimes i just wanna move deep into a forest build a house and live my Life

This was never an issue. It's being spun up as some rampant cultural problem by people seeking monetary gain from it.

I fail to see how being anti-SJW/"Diversity" (in the sense of being done for the absolute sake of it, i.e. not 'naturally' done, aka abruptly) is being alt-right...
    Thats because people bunch those criticisms together. If I criticize the writing of a diverse movie, somebody would play the race card because they themselves don’t agree. A tangible excuse to delegitmize my opinion of the movie, even if I never even considered race in my critique of the plot.

For example, I believe Black Panther’s plot was a bit too safe and predictable. Put that online, and somebody will call you racist. Happened to me. People are too quick to assume something related to sex, identity, or race.

Yes, four years ago, a massive scandal about the state of games "journalism" hit, and game "journalists" used their platforms to make it an issue of the conveniently enormous, omni-present but never seen brigade of gamer bigots rather than doing some introspection. Much like how flops need to find a reason other than "the game is bad" for their failure, the presently most popular being "some part of the game enraged the supposed 95% of gamers bigot demographic and that's definitely why our shit game didn't sell."

Quote Originally Posted by Putin-Chan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Kobayashi View Post
    Is that why Anduin is still single?
    Come on. Thrall and Aggra in Cataclysm, "Tyrande, I need you" in Legion. We need an awful royal marriage plotline in BfA to complete the set.
    Last edited by Dispraise; 2018-06-16 at 08:08 PM.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

people gloating about this are just as obnoxious as the people who are actually salty about "teh gayz" being in their video games.

Deleted
    Unlike MMO mass debaters that do it for free, the BBC is funded by stolen money taken from the people by thugs and fraudsters.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-exposed.html

Failure to pay can result in a criminal conviction and a £1,000 penalty. Thirty-eight people – mostly women – were jailed last year for not paying the fine.
    Such bigotry from them.

You can't even say it's because of being anti SJW because the complaints are aimed against these scummy journalists and publishers who are guilty of two faced bigotry that is more deserving of criticism for harming the people they are pretending to support at the same time as libeling the public who have numerous complaints against these morons.