Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty fucking shitty of them. Many people and sites with a less tangible connection to his work have at least dropped a line or two on twitter. MMOC showing a real shit attitude. A fucking WoW legend died and left a huge hole in the gaming world and a website that got famous covering the same topics he did pretends it didn't happen.

If you want to build your business model on engaging your audience by catering to their world and monetizing that, the least you can do is pay lip service to their heroes.
    Somebody mentioned there was a line about TB in one of the front page posts (Fury Warrior and Disc Priest changes if I remember right).

I didn't get to watch it live but I just finished watching the Co-op Podcast Memorial episode about him on his channel today. Episode was quite nice and I did tear up a couple of times when they were talking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Never heard of him.

Youtube and Star is kind of an oxymoron
    Weird, I didn't realize the BBC and CBS reported on the deaths of people that no one knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Somebody mentioned there was a line about TB in one of the front page posts (Fury Warrior and Disc Priest changes if I remember right).

I didn't get to watch it live but I just finished watching the Co-op Podcast Memorial episode about him on his channel today. Episode was quite nice and I did tear up a couple of times when they were talking about him.
    If that's true, then I take back a little of my disdain, but not much. That's not the right way to do something like that.

I am a network administrator for a medical facility and was in my office coding something when I got a notification on my phone that cooptional had gone live - I hadn't watched it in months and I was like, "yeah, let's tune in"... and when the stream came up it had his face and the memorial message. I've never cried at work before... I'm so glad I have an office with a door...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Yeah but MMOchamp is the 4chan of gaming sites. Even IGN is more bloody coherent.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I recall when Totalbiscuit did cover wow he was pretty critical of this site, maybe they're salty
    You're probably right, but he was critical of a LOT of people and they still came out on twitter with things like 'We rarely saw eye-to-eye but he was a force in the industry and his presence will be missed.' or something like that.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    At least, he was taken out by something he publicly wished unto others, on numerous occasions and didn't feel remorse over until he was diagnosed. It sucks for the people around him, but the man himself... not a single iota of comforting care to spare from this guy.
    So are you this much of a fagget in real life?

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    So are you this much of a fagget in real life?
    Can't agree with your choice of words, but I agree with your sentiment..
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Rip, see you in a week sweet prince
    Get that ass banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Aaaaaaannd here we go again.

We get it already. We heard enough of it in the last thread. This isn't the place for you to go on about how you "don't care" because of something years ago that keeps getting dredged up.

Show some decorum or post nothing at all.
    Why even entertain it dude?

I mean, it's pretty ironic. But the edgelords/trolls/axe grinders are acting like withering away and drying from cancer is an adequate punishment for wishing it upon someone out of spite.

It's not. And the unfortunate ones who have had to experience losing someone after a long grueling battle with cancer will be the first to tell you it isn't.

Ignore the drones. They're drones. Or trolls, I don't know which.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Can't agree with your choice of words, but I agree with your sentiment..
    Same. @THE Bigzoman, you know the answer to that question lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Why even entertain it dude?

I mean, it's pretty ironic. But the edgelords/trolls/axe grinders are acting like withering away and drying from cancer is an adequate punishment for wishing it upon someone out of spite.

It's not. And the unfortunate ones who have had to experience losing someone after a long grueling battle with cancer will be the first to tell you it isn't.

Ignore the drones. They're drones. Or trolls, I don't know which.
    It's very strange to me how much hate TB is attracting on these forums, seems like far more than we've seen for other threads about a person's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Same. @THE Bigzoman, you know the answer to that question lol.

- - - Updated - - -

It's very strange to me how much hate TB is attracting on these forums, seems like far more than we've seen for other threads about a person's death.
    There isn't a human emotion that I'm aware of that properly demonstrates my feeling towards those people who are celebrating his death... I literally can't think of a name for the mix of disgust and pity I feel for people who think words should be met with the most ultimate of suffering.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to really enjoy his "Blueplz" radio show.

It seems like he gets a lot of extra hate on this forum due to his perceived Gamergate stance.

I have not seen a single TB video (or any youtube celebrity for that matter). I however at least am aware of him. Does anyone have a top 3 videos of his that are worth getting a feel for the kind of commentator he was?

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    It seems like he gets a lot of extra hate on this forum due to his perceived Gamergate stance.
    Which is interesting to me because a lot of this forum was pro-Gamergate...that movement was a shitfest, I agreed with the need for transparency/ethics in video game journalism but not a lot of the sub-rhetoric, especially about women ruining gaming, etc (literal post I read here).

In any case, I liked TB and I don't really care what his stance on GG was, I liked the fact that he was always honest regarding his feelings about gaming related topics and I appreciated that.

Which is interesting to me because a lot of this forum was pro-Gamergate...that movement was a shitfest, I agreed with the need for transparency/ethics in video game journalism but not a lot of the sub-rhetoric, especially about women ruining gaming, etc (literal post I read here).

In any case, I liked TB and I don't really care what his stance on GG was, I liked the fact that he was always honest regarding his feelings about gaming related topics and I appreciated that.
    Not to try to push this topic too far into GG territory but I was actually in that thread since it was first called ZoeGate. It was really amazing (in multiple ways) how GG started out really great and how fast it nosedived into the ground.

More on-topic: I will miss TB in the podcasts. Just like they said in the Memorial episode, TB would try to be really serious but then lose it halfway through as heard from the Co Optional animated segments.

Fuck it
    @chaud @Boubouille why hasnt mmo champ covered this?!?
    Its been a fucking week now and no coverage
    Fuck is wrong with you, wheres the embedded tweets of support from the community, some videos of his, or a link to his now widowed wifes gofundme to help pay for the bills

Hell wowhead has more than yall, and thats one the most shittly run websites ive ever seen.

-https://www.gofundme.com/TotalBiscuit, btw
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2018-06-01 at 03:03 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

15+ Year Old Account
    enjoyed his work in the wow community
    He will be truly missed as a fellow wow gamer
    And a truly loved person on/off the camera

https://imgur.com/a/owehS

https://imgur.com/a/nrlta

Diverse community is diverse.

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2018-06-17 at 10:40 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    I still have no idea what gamergate is and why should I care.

What does this have to do with TotalBiscuit's death either?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I still have no idea what gamergate is and why should I care.

What does this have to do with TotalBiscuit's death either?
    Gamergate in short was a backlash on internet media/jounalism that said that video games and gamers were racist/misogynistic/etc. Bane was an outspoken man and was an opponent to that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I still have no idea what gamergate is and why should I care?
    I've seen that line a few times.

The only thing you need to know is that in any emotionally-charged sociopolitical argument, you should be wary of the "people I disagree with are 100% evil" types.

Things are never black and white. We live in a wonderful world of color.

(even though BFA is looking particularly washed out, dull, and "practical". I prefer my WoW to be vibrant, colorful and fantastical).

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The entire thing is ridiculously cringe.
    "...argued a bunch of World of Warcraft players on an mmorpg internet message board."

EDIT: In all fairness, it's a prestigious internet message board. Lots of very important roundtable discussions and debates are held about orcs, elves, and... other things. Some people even get titles and banners showing how long ago they signed up, which grants even more prestige.
    Last edited by thottstation; 2018-06-17 at 11:26 AM.

I'm saying that mmmaybe a bunch of WoW gamers on the internet don't quite have the Cool Kids highground to "cringe" at anyone.

But I'm quite sure I could convince my mom that our mmo-c titles are NOT cringy, once I explain how HARDCORE some of them are...