Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    The responsible dog owner had the dog in the backyard and the dog got out because he apparently had dug a small enough hole under the fence to get out. The dog owner didn't do anything wrong here. And @BuckSparkles you're just showing you're an ass if you hit an animal and don't even bother moving it out of the road. You don't have to try and track down the owner but at least stop and ask the people who's house it happened in front of if it was possibly their dog. This fucker didn't even do that.
    How is this ANY of the drivers fault though? Should all drivers assume an irresponsible dog owner wont look after his dog and will dig holes under their fences?

You want a dog, its your responsibility to take care of it.

Dogs are like kids, its a 100% time swallowing sink that I personally know I cant do so I stay the hell away from owning an animal.

Owners fault, case closed. Take your hate back to the uncle. Its his fault 1000000%

People are assholes.

This is why I don't leave my pets out unsupervised, or with enough freedom to run off all willynilly.

One of my dogs is 150lbs, I'm sure if someone hit it, they'd be looking to sue me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    How is this ANY of the drivers fault though? Should all drivers assume an irresponsible dog owner wont look after his dog and will dig holes under their fences?

You want a dog, its your responsibility to take care of it.

Dogs are like kids, its a 100% time swallowing sink that I personally know I cant do so I stay the hell away from owning an animal.

Owners fault, case closed. Take your hate back to the uncle. Its his fault 1000000%
    How is it the drivers fault if a kid runs out into the street?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    People are assholes.

This is why I don't leave my pets out unsupervised, or with enough freedom to run off all willynilly.

One of my dogs is 150lbs, I'm sure if someone hit it, they'd be looking to sue me.
    Thank you for being a responsible pet owner, unlock OP's fiancees uncle who couldn't take care of the pet that got killed due to irresponsibility.

- - - Updated - - -

People are assholes.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it the drivers fault if a kid runs out into the street?
    So we're talking about kids now? It still isn't. If a kid runs into the street and gets hit by a car, you dont think CPS is gonna be all over it?

Again, owners fault. Parents fault. Take care of your damn responsibilities and stop blaming others for YOUR OWN short comings.

The responsible dog owner had the dog in the backyard and the dog got out because he apparently had dug a small enough hole under the fence to get out. The dog owner didn't do anything wrong here. And @BuckSparkles you're just showing you're an ass if you hit an animal and don't even bother moving it out of the road. You don't have to try and track down the owner but at least stop and ask the people who's house it happened in front of if it was possibly their dog. This fucker didn't even do that.
    Who know's, perhaps he had an emergency of his own to take care of. Or perhaps he just actually didn't notice it.

Sure some people are ass-holes, but sometimes accidents happens. As a person who live on the country side, I've lost so many cats to traffic accidents, shit happens, it's sad, then life moves on.

Keep better control of your animals if you're afraid something terrible will happen to them. Dogs tend to run after cars, so keep them in a leash, even in your backyard. Or have a proper .. eh cage thingy (like a fenced off area in your backyard that is properly made for keeping your animal locked down, but big enough for it to be able to run around in it) for the dog to run in while being out. That's what we did, and never lost our dog to a traffic accident even though she loved running after cars :shrug:
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Thank you for being a responsible pet owner, unlock OP's fiancees uncle who couldn't take care of the pet that got killed due to irresponsibility.
    You have to put your animals first, but shit happens.

You can hit an animal and not know it (depending on size) because they run into the car, or get ran over by the rear tires; however I'd say most of the time its because people are speeding and can't stop in time (residential areas)

...people who hit animals with their car and don't even stop to try and let the owners know about it. My fiance's uncle's dog got out a couple hours ago without us knowing it. Some asshole hit him with their car and just took off. They left him in the middle of the road grasping for life. When we found him, he was still alive but didn't make it on the way to the vet. These people disgust me and I hope they rot in Hell.

- - - Updated - - -

And this happened 3 houses down from where we live too which is how we know the person didn't make any attempt to find the owners.
    Disagree. I don't know if some psycho will go full rage on me because I hit an animal who shouldn't have been in the road.

Putting my life in possible danger to locate the possibly psycho owner of an animal is not a wise course of action.

Your angry, violent post proves my point.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Speaking from personal and very direct experience: it's possible nothing would have changed had it been a HUMAN that was hit.

- - - Updated - - -

So we're talking about kids now? It still isn't. If a kid runs into the street and gets hit by a car, you dont think CPS is gonna be all over it?

Again, owners fault. Parents fault. Take care of your damn responsibilities and stop blaming others for YOUR OWN short comings.
    You brought kids into it, but honestly, how big of a hurry is anyone in that they can't stop?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alduron View Post
    Speaking from personal and very direct experience: it's possible nothing would have changed had it been a HUMAN that was hit.
    Hit and runs around here have become the norm.

7+ Year Old Account
    If i ever hit someones pet with my car there's no way i would stop and find its owner. You don't know who it is. They could go into a rage and try to hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    If i ever hit someones pet with my car there's no way i would stop and find its owner. You don't know who it is. They could go into a rage and try to hurt you.
    These days that is a definite possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    You brought kids into it, but honestly, how big of a hurry is anyone in that they can't stop?
    Its not about being busy, its about hitting an animal who would otherwise just be a random stray if it weren't for the fact that OP came here to complain about it. I mean there is an endless amount of stray dogs and cats running around and we just cant be bothered to stop for each one. What do you do? Call the cops? The ambulance? A vet? Knock on each and every single door, hold up the dead dog and say "HEY WAS THIS YOURS?"

if it were human, thats something else completely. There's due process. But since its just an animal, it isn't at the top of anyones priority list. Dogs dont know the dangers of life. They dont know what vehicles are and highways and they dont know what human nature is like. So its on the owner, like yourself, to take every extra measure to make sure they are 110% protected from the dangers of this (now) human world.

I've had my cat hit by a car and I've ran over a cat before.

My cat was hit by a big SUV, the wheel hit him and he was thrown back and the guy slowed down for a second and then kept going. My cat somehow survived it and was fine for a while(old 80ish landowner poisoned him later on and disposed of the body)

The cat I ran over, dashed out from under a parked van that I was driving by. I turned right around to see if it was ok. The people nearby said it was a stray so I grabbed it and brought it home to see if i could find the nearest animal shelter or vet... but it died as i pulled in. I never felt so ashamed in my life for take something's life.

The guy who hit your fiance's uncle's dog is a scumbag and I'm sorry for your loss.

Its not about being busy, its about hitting an animal who would otherwise just be a random stray if it weren't for the fact that OP came here to complain about it. I mean there is an endless amount of stray dogs and cats running around and we just cant be bothered to stop for each one. What do you do? Call the cops? The ambulance? A vet? Knock on each and every single door, hold up the dead dog and say "HEY WAS THIS YOURS?"

if it were human, thats something else completely. There's due process. But since its just an animal, it isn't at the top of anyones priority list. Dogs dont know the dangers of life. They dont know what vehicles are and highways and they dont know what human nature is like. So its on the owner, like yourself, to take every extra measure to make sure they are 110% protected from the dangers of this (now) human world.
    Yeah I guess, I'd stop, but for a lot of people it would just be a huge hassle.

...people who hit animals with their car and don't even stop to try and let the owners know about it. My fiance's uncle's dog got out a couple hours ago without us knowing it. Some asshole hit him with their car and just took off. They left him in the middle of the road grasping for life. When we found him, he was still alive but didn't make it on the way to the vet. These people disgust me and I hope they rot in Hell.

- - - Updated - - -

And this happened 3 houses down from where we live too which is how we know the person didn't make any attempt to find the owners.
    the fault is solely on your uncle or what ever the hell. I've ran over an animal before. i felt bad after finding out about it, but it honestly felt like i hit a small pothole and nothing more. didnt see the dog, he just ran through the street chasing the ball his owner's kids were throwing around that went through the road, from their own yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    I wouldn't stop. Most people get very emotional when their pets die, and usually that emotion is anger at the person who hit it. Last thing I want is some emotional asshole coming after me, my wife, or child, because they couldn't keep their pet in the yard.
    Pretty much this. I'm not going to carry a dying dog door to door trying to find an owner just to find someone who's very emotional and likely very angry who's going to probably yell at me for being an A-hole for killing their pet and a reckless driver, even after I did everything I could to not hit their pet, then possibly try to assault me or sue me.

Nope, I'll keep on driving.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe people are sick and tired of other fucking humans who can't seem to keep their dogs under control. Everybody wants to rush out and buy their latest animal accessory, but the moment there is real responsibility for their little fur baby, suddenly it's it takes a village to mind your pet.

If someone goes out of their way to hit a dog minding its own business or where it supposed to be, drag them. But when some idiot who can't manage their pet's wind up in the middle of the street because they showed less concern over all for this so called loved one as the people they curse. Maybe the real shame is with the allowing those who want to own pets to just have them isn't such a great idea.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay? Well, stranger from the internet I don't care. I hit something, I keep driving. Again, there is no excuse to let your pet get hit by a car. Keep it inside, or if outside on a leash (if a dog).

I don't want to hit any animal, but if it happens, it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Keep better control of your pets. They shouldn't be out on the street to get hit by a car in the first place. It was your uncle's irresponsible ownership that got the dog killed. No one to blame but him.
    Doesn't sound like you read the OP since you completely missed the actual complaint.

This is what i love about MMO-C...the caring community...
    /s
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Redirect that anger back at the owner who wasn't responsible enough to keep their own animals on their property. This driver doesn't HAVE TO stop, get out, try to figure out what house this pet came from.

Would you have felt better if he would have gotten off and dragged this dead animal to the side of the street? -_-

Its the owners responsibility. Its the owners fault. You're angry and biased because its family but at the end of the day it is still said uncles fault and nobody else.
    In some states(not sure how many) pets are considered property and a failure to report damage to property is in many states a crime.

From what I've gathered(on the internet) it is the responsibility of the driver to stop, get out and try to find the owner of the "property". In many cases, hit and run is illegal, hit and report will most often be ok, because then it falls into the realm of the owner of the dog/cat/horse/cow is now at fault. Kinda like 2 wrongs don't make a right.

For citation
    https://axleaddict.com/safety/I-Hit-...Required-to-Do
    https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/20...-run-laws.html