Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why would they disable it tho.. would be pretty funny if those that did complete the quest got an insane power drop while those that did not complete the quest kept everything and would be prefered players for all content until patch launch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    So in like every expansion before ever?
    yes? i dont, what? the dude said you wouldent till max, i said no half way through, what are you on about?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes? i dont, what? the dude said you wouldent till max, i said no half way through, what are you on about?
    All I see is you complaining about the Artifact weapon being nerfed, when it's going to be irrelevant in weeks

Is there a post or something that sums up what you get to have from the artifact once its gone (what gets baked in the class or talents), and whats just gone? Some specs are so severed without the traits :/

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Is there a post or something that sums up what you get to have from the artifact once its gone (what gets baked in the class or talents), and whats just gone? Some specs are so severed without the traits :/
    welcome to BFA class design

No they are for sure nerfed...
    Are you sure it isn’t purely because you lose the three “+5 itemlevel” crucible traits?

7+ Year Old Account
    And some are so changed that half of the traits AND half of the legendaries are completely useless.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    All I see is you complaining about the Artifact weapon being nerfed, when it's going to be irrelevant in weeks
    Uhh what?
    I dont...
    what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Are you sure it isn’t purely because you lose the three “+5 itemlevel” crucible traits?
    aparently you dont, and even then that is still alot. I would try but i dont have ones with r without the traits...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I kind of hope they wait till bfa launches to disable the artifacts... I know I'm slow but I till have two classes to go for the mage tower... and sure I might never play a monk or shaman but one day I might!

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Well crap. I had seen no confirmation on that, I guess keep them until the day before the prepatch? Lol
    I am not sure if this is a bad joke or you are just plain silly, but my weapon is 1008 ilvl at the moment, after the squish it will be most likely one of the highest ilvl weapons until well into BfA. Why wouldn't I keep it, even as a statstick, after pre-patch hits? Will you delete them?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That brings up an interest point though: After 8.0, will there be random weapon drops during Legion leveling content, or will it just be relics+artifact? I guess it would a lot of work for Blizzard to create an entirely new set of Legion-themed weapon drops, though, now that I think about it.
    Legion story is based on artifacts, you cant remove it with a random weapon. Probably leveling in broken shore after 8.0, you dont have to farm AP, just artifact+relics

Btw, actually in beta, I keep my Artifact for 3/4 level untill I was able to find better weapons based on stat/Itemlevel.

The traits on your Artifact weapons are disabled, but even after the stat squished, your Artifacts remain better than many weapons you can find questing or killing Rare in BfA...

Legendary are working till level 115 (but I change it at level 116).
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Deleted
    My suggestion is, keep your artifact weapon until the day before the expansion releases. That way you will have all your traits until that day!
    You lose your traits as soon as the prepatch hits, whether or not you do the quest makes no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Wow did this actually happen?
    come on, think about this. how can a level 60 wait until level 80 to down a raid two expansion later.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They did a full ilevel squish this time instead of just stats like WOD.
    The only difference to WoD is that the iLvl squish is actually displayed ingame. Functionally, there's no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    I kind of hope they wait till bfa launches to disable the artifacts... I know I'm slow but I till have two classes to go for the mage tower... and sure I might never play a monk or shaman but one day I might!
    well, the mage tower goes away with prepatch as well soooooo....

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    welcome to BFA class design
    So what exactly is it to look forward too ? Pay for months and hope they add what we already had, into azerite? And don't tell me fucking warfronts, it's gonna be the new asshran

My suggestion is, keep your artifact weapon until the day before the expansion releases. That way you will have all your traits until that day!
    It is clear from PTR that at some point they can and will deactivate your artifact regardless of you doing or not doing the quest. So at this point once the pre patch hits just play through the stuff and get used to how everything plays again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Relics still increase the iLvl according to the Q&A. As a mythic raider you can probably eaiser geht an 988++ weapon than some high TF 985 scythe or sword procc .
    iLvl =\= better

So what exactly is it to look forward too ? Pay for months and hope they add what we already had, into azerite? And don't tell me fucking warfronts, it's gonna be the new asshran
    they are adding much much weaker versions of what we already had into azerite, to try and make it less painful in the expansion after bfa when they repeat the process and strip all this away again, if it helps

- - - Updated - - -

aparently you dont, and even then that is still alot. I would try but i dont have ones with r without the traits...
    Yes you do. It says specifically on your artifact weapon that everything is turned off, including the Crucible effects.

Once pre-patch goes live the only thing that translates to the artifact weapon is the iLevel of relics. The traits on them are gone and anything the artifact itself provided is turned off.

Basically your artifact is nothing but a weapon with sockets that are filled with relics after the pre-patch.