Poll: Should Blizzard offer Tokens for Gold?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Economy and choices you make with money are to big a part of the game in classic to allow cash buy outs. I get that some people will buy gold anyway. But what really matters is that it isn't wide spread and encouraged.

7+ Year Old Account
    They wont add token to classic because 99% of classic playerbase would quit instantly.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    There is still a market, but its dying and its dying quick.

Also P2W?
    yes it does sorta add a P2W system into the game.
    but even just existing it allready does.
    cause even if blizz does not support it, you can still buy gold through third party, so its
    Pay 2 win but supported?
    or
    Pay 2 win, but you can get scammed, hacked, banned, cheated, or dupped because of many differant websites prices.
    the only reason its dying is because they're banning bots really fucking quickly.. token by itself doesnt really do much when it comes to 3rd party gold sellers

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nope, I do not believe this should be a thing in classic. It would give people a bad taste as well, knowing a token could be 200k+ on live but maybe only 1000 gold on classic.

- - - Updated - - -

As well, I thought people were wanting classic. Not pristine.
    Actually, back in 2005 1000 gold was about $200.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nope, I do not believe this should be a thing in classic. It would give people a bad taste as well, knowing a token could be 200k+ on live but maybe only 1000 gold on classic.

- - - Updated - - -

As well, I thought people were wanting classic. Not pristine.
    you tought you knew what everyone wanted?
    wow, how ignorant.
    go and stick to live wow.
    or play both, no need to make the one sound worse (by the way wow has less player than ESO right now)

10+ Year Old Account
    sure better let blizzard do it rather that goldsellers
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Depends on the system they put in. Will the game be free? No need for a token. But IF the tokens are in...who says they have a different cost than in "retail"? They will just be unaffordable for everyone.

Personal belief: You pay one sub and have access to whatever you want to play: Classic or BfA...or both...or none.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting, given no statistics on subs are shared anymore, but I am sure you have some reliable sources and are ready to post them (including the backlash that will come wih it)
    wow was like 5 million last time with all the bots.
    yes bots count as subs too.

for example i had 30 accs running. so you have "30" players.
    with friends and family bottin we had like 200 bots with 10 person = 200 players for their stats
    after some bots were banned they stoped releasing numbers, guess why: 35-40% of the players were bots.

well i dont care tbh, right now im contributing "10" players alone for blizzard, but i´m one dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Sure gold sellers still exist but to say it doesn't mean much to them that tokens exist is bullshit.
    majority of gold farmers/gold sellers stopped farming gold because their bots are getting banned constantly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    Actually, back in 2005 1000 gold was about $200.
    Might be, was never lazy enough to buy gold, but that isn't the numbers that would be used anyways I would guess. And I doubt that Blizzard would sell you game time, with your price example, for 100 gold, or give you money for your battle.net balance for 100 gold (as in, 20 dollars).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    you tought you knew what everyone wanted?
    wow, how ignorant.
    go and stick to live wow.
    or play both, no need to make the one sound worse (by the way wow has less player than ESO right now)
    What? You can't handle the game as it was then?

Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    (by the way wow has less player than ESO right now)
    I guess the golden phrase is, proof or bullshit?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No. So people can experience/re-experience the amazing reg grind.

I hope not, making gold the hard way was the ultimate Classic experience

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    If they don't add WoW tokens then the gold sellers will just return. I doubt they'll tolerate that.
    hahah gold sellers were part of vanilla so blizz shouldnt change that.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

No...not for classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they actually offered a token for purchase in the Classic AH:
    It would HAVE to be priced to reflect the gold available in the Classic economy, which was and is going to be massively different than Live is.
    Which means it would most likely be a separate token from the current one. I mean who would pay $20 to get what, 5k in Classic?

The sub is paid so Blizzard can prevent gold selling. This is not some free-to-play BS game.

Gold is too valuable in Vanilla, even TBC, to allow people to buy it from their couch.

It allows those with expendable income to just justify their purchase, as something a regular player can accomplish. Even though it may take months for a regular player earn that much gold, and the scummy token-buyer can do it with a few clicks.

It also allows for market inflation, as those with large quantities of bought gold buy all the desirable items on the Auction House, and drive prices for sought-after things as BOE BiS and Consumables, prices go higher and higher, meaning the average non-token customer will never be able to buy much.

All the consumables going to people who buy currency. In a game that involves PVP. PVE with battlegrounds is bad enough. This on PVP servers is atrocious. Flasks only capable of being bought with tokens .. ???

It is the death of Classic WoW.

Tokens in Classic is a stupid idea. It was not in Classic. It should not be in Classic.

If Blizzard tries this, they will only make the population flock back to private servers.

A wow token system would be most noticeable in the pvp scene, where particularly wealthy players can essentially pay to win by using ludicrously expensive consumables in pvp. A dedicated pre-made of 10 people, can reasonably be expected to have one or two flasks each to be used should they ever feel the need to put an opposing premade in their proper place. Meanwhile, a premade with money to spend can just spend money to essentially never run out of flasks.

I don't think most people understand how the black lotus market work (reagent for flask crafting), but suffice it to say. The amount of black lotuses available per 24 hours is strictly limited. So while this seems like an isolated issue at first, it can very quickly wreck the server economy. Especially if the pvp scene is very competitive, the amount of real money spent on consumables would explode once people starts hitting rank 10-11, the need to hit the upper brackets to even advance become more and more important.

But won't people just buy gold anyway? True, but the solution to this problem is not real life money for gold token. The solution is better Blizzard vigilance. The players regularly competing for the top 50 spots on each server, and on each faction should be given special attention. Make sure the pvpers know the consequences of buying gold is severe, and instead of a 24 hour or 7 day ban. Inform the player that their purchased gold will be removed, and that their account will be suspended in a tailored period lasting from the middle of one pvp week to the middle of the next pvp week.

The guys buying gold for their 100% mount will remain a problem, as there is no reasonable way to monitor every single player. Some gold buying will go through the cracks. But as long as they can monitor the big spenders. I.e the top 25-50 pvpers on each server/faction. The problem related to gold buying is not too drastic, as you don't actually need that much gold in classic to begin with.

Also, have fun gearing up your Fury warrior if gold can be bought for money.
    Last edited by MMKing; 2018-06-18 at 05:19 AM.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

5+ Year Old Account
    No. Gold has a LOT of power in Vanilla, and I'd rather not see people buying epics off of the auctionhouse via real money. Anti Botting and anti cheating has become far better in the last few years, so goldsellers will have a tougher time.

Making Goldselling something official that Blizz is fine with if you do it via them makes people way more open to the idea of just buying their epic mount, tier pieces, crafted gear and much, much more. Vanilla wasn't like Legion where most gear comes from gameplay, you could trade quite a lot of loot.

It allows those with expendable income to just justify their purchase, as something a regular player can accomplish. Even though it may take months for a regular player earn that much gold, and the scummy token-buyer can do it with a few clicks.

It also allows for market inflation, as those with large quantities of bought gold buy all the desirable items on the Auction House, and drive prices for sought-after things as BOE BiS and Consumables, prices go higher and higher, meaning the average non-token customer will never be able to buy much.

All the consumables going to people who buy currency. In a game that involves PVP. PVE with battlegrounds is bad enough. This on PVP servers is atrocious. Flasks only capable of being bought with tokens .. ???
    Agreed.
    As such I say no, just because of that.

5+ Year Old Account
    To all of you "mentally elevated" #noChanges.

Wow token is nothing more than I pay a guildmate's monthly subscription for X amount of gold. I can still go in classic and ask the nolifer in the guild that farms gold 12 hours a day and tell him I will pay his sub for 1k gold.

Even if they don't add the wowtoken system people will still find ways to cheat the system. Now considering I have a job and all that I'd rather spend 20$ than farm a week for that amount of gold. I won't do it in the end no matter how big of a shortcut is but many will since it's easier to make 20$ IRL than to make 1k gold in Grindfest.

No matter how they approach this there will be a way to get gold you didn't farm for money.

So I'd rather have them add the wowtoken since the amounts of money are deserved by blizzard for servers costs and developer salaries for reviving this, rather than pay a chinese guy with 10 bots that makes the money by doing nothing but having a script run 24/7.
    Last edited by Dudas; 2018-06-18 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Yes they should absolutely introduce WoW tokens. In an ideal world this would not be the case, but since not having a WoW token will undoubtedly mean 3rd party goldsellers they absolutely should. With third party gold sellers will come spam, bots, phishing attempts and malware attacks. That said I think it would be possible to limit the implications, for example by limiting the amount of WoW tokens each player can buy or sell per month to 5 or something. As gold was way more valuable back in classic you'll get way less per token. That's simple economics. I don't think you'd be able to get much more than 100 gold for a token.
    Idk on the two private servers I used to play, We had the 3rd party bots spamming gold selling. But it was something stupid like 100 euros for 50g. Given the mentality of how easy gold is now (and in retrospect cheap) would people really be willing to buy lower amounts of gold for higher RL currency?

But meh even if you cap it, it'd would still make a market for 3rd party's probably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    To all of you "mentally elevated" #noChanges.

Wow token is nothing more than I pay a guildmate's monthly subscription for X amount of gold. I can still go in classic and ask the nolifer in the guild that farms gold 12 hours a day and tell him I will pay his sub for 1k gold.

Even if they don't add the wowtoken system people will still find ways to cheat the system. Now considering I have a job and all that I'd rather spend 20$ than farm a week for that amount of gold. I won't do it in the end no matter how big of a shortcut is but many will since it's easier to make 20$ IRL than to make 1k gold in Grindfest.

No matter how they approach this there will be a way to get gold you didn't farm for money.

So I'd rather have them add the wowtoken since the money are deserved by blizzard for servers costs and developer salaries for reviving this, rather than pay a chinese guy with 10 bots that makes the money for doing nothing but having a script run 24/7.
    Course there's no way to prove either or, but a issue with a token is it's legal to buy and use opposed to the 3rd party's. I don't know about others but I never bought gold before tokens. In classic I won't buy it from a third party either, but one night after a few drinks I might be tempted to get that token.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

No systems introduced AFTER vanilla should be in "vanilla servers".
    So this would mean tokens,so no.