Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Faction mounts in BfA

Hi
    alliance get 3728 horse while horde got many new mounts the question is why ?

The answer is that Blizzard didn't think up the factions of Kul Tiras riding on more special creatures.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. I'm wondering this too... It was bad enough that both factions get recolours of the same mount, but now 1 faction gets them, while the other gets cool mounts? That's just stupid!

I guess they're just doing this to fuel the rage for Battle for Azeroth, because this is the cheapest way to do so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    Hi
    alliance get 3728 horse while horde got many new mounts the question is why ?
    Because...no matter how much Horde players deny it the devs are biased.

Alliance gets Horses and Horde gets dinosaurs and other various new mounts...Alliance gets another hypogryph and Horde gets a new plaguebat.

Alliance gets a rather boring experience in Kul Tiras while Horde gets a rich story in Zandalar.

Nope...no bias here?

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Yeah.. I'm wondering this too... It was bad enough that both factions get recolours of the same mount, but now 1 faction gets them, while the other gets cool mounts? That's just stupid!

I guess they're just doing this to fuel the rage for Battle for Azeroth, because this is the cheapest way to do so
    The Horde can get Alliance horses and the Alliance can get Horde creatures: they just can't buy them from the rep vendor. Alliance can get a Bloodfeaster from random drops on Nazmir and a Hyena in Vol'dun.

Getting mad about rep mounts is stretching it.

Let me see, the Factions of Kul Tiras are all Human.
    the stormwind human rides horses
    the gilnean human ride horses
    and the kul tiran human? they also ride horses.

Why should they ride something different?

And if you look at the zandalari, they also just ride Dinosaurs, like the dark spear

There are not many animals that would make a thematically acceptable mount. Maybe a Wickerbeast, though, the order of embers is fighting them.

One sided mounts are compensation for the one sided story. The Horde will happily share the mounts when the Alliance finally shares some fault.

Seriously, both preorder ground mounts didn't really entice people. You see the dino more often, but not everyone likes the mayan style headcages either.

Gotta sell them Faction changes !!! From the bland alliance Kul tiras story to the weak ass Allaince mounts. Also Dev bias

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnonEntity View Post
    Seriously, both preorder ground mounts didn't really entice people. You see the dino more often, but not everyone likes the mayan style headcages either.
    Was there a Blizzcon mount this year? I dont recall seeing if there was or not
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Because...no matter how much Horde players deny it the devs are biased.

Alliance gets Horses and Horde gets dinosaurs and other various new mounts...Alliance gets another hypogryph and Horde gets a new plaguebat.

Alliance gets a rather boring experience in Kul Tiras while Horde gets a rich story in Zandalar.

Nope...no bias here?
    I think the mistake here is choosing the boring faction .
    Also that plaguebat is ugly as hell why would anyone use that instead of the antoran hounds ? same model but 100x cooler
    Last edited by valax; 2018-06-18 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    Also that plaguebat is ugly as hell why would anyone use that instead of the antoran hounds ? same model but 100x cooler
    I play both factions, fact of the matter is Horde seems to get it better despite all the hand waving the pure Hordies do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play both factions, fact of the matter is Horde seems to get it better despite all the hand waving the pure Hordies do.
    Well, probably because the Horde has quite the different races and all their mounts fit in with them?

Horses fit quite well in with alliance as a whole, not completely ofc, but Horde is much more varied in comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Well, probably because the Horde has quite the different races and all their mounts fit in with them?

Horses fit quite well in with alliance as a whole, not completely ofc, but Horde is much more varied in comparison.
    2 out of all of the Alliance races have Horses for mounts...both of them Human based. Why doesn't Horde get a shit ton of wolf mounts? Wolves fit the Horde well yet they aren't spammed on them. Or raptor/dino mounts...since it is Zandalar...where they use dinosaurs.

Fact of the matter is Alliance is just spammed with more of the same while Horde is getting a sweet variety, including new beasts as mounts.

Honestly the only Alliance mount I'm kinda interested in BfA is the Hippo mount...it's kinda cute

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    i choosed ally only because my friends were playing there but my heart belong to only to horde

10+ Year Old Account
    2 out of all of the Alliance races have Horses for mounts...both of them Human based. Why doesn't Horde get a shit ton of wolf mounts? Wolves fit the Horde well yet they aren't spammed on them. Or raptor/dino mounts...since it is Zandalar...where they use dinosaurs.

Fact of the matter is Alliance is just spammed with more of the same while Horde is getting a sweet variety, including new beasts as mounts.

Honestly the only Alliance mount I'm kinda interested in BfA is the Hippo mount...it's kinda cute
    You can take those wolves and shove it! D: We just had an expansion (WoD) which was 60% Wolves, 35% boars and 5% of talbuks/clefthooves, we got enough wolves!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    You can take those wolves and shove it! D: We just had an expansion (WoD) which was 60% Wolves, 35% boars and 5% of talbuks/clefthooves, we got enough wolves!
    How do you think Alliance feels about Horses?

What? Alliance get a frickin hippo and a dark hound mount and you're complaining about updated horse models? They look nice ya know.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you think Alliance feels about Horses?
    Fair enough, but atleast in WoD it was wolves for everybody..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    What? Alliance get a frickin hippo and a dark hound mount and you're complaining about updated horse models? They look nice ya know.
    Those are just from PvP, no? Majority of players ain't getting those.

Yeah a lot of the mounts I personally want are all on the Horde. It's hard to get excited gaining rep for better looking horse mounts. Sure they look great but more creativity is better.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    sure if you nitpick then alliance only has horses
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..