Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Tucker Carlson criticized for warning Fox News viewers about ‘big news stations’

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/39...posite-in-news

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is being criticized for telling his viewers on Friday night that they should distrust news reports from the “big news stations.”

“If you're looking to understand what's actually happening in this country, always assume the opposite of whatever they're telling you on the big news stations,” Carlson said, despite Fox News sitting on top of the cable news ratings for 197 consecutive months.

His comments led some to poke fun at his apparent contradiction and to also note the damage such comments can have on the public trust in journalism.
    CNN’s Brian Stelter called the comments "sad," while Michael Barbaro at The New York Times called them “repugnant” and “literally damaging to our democracy.”

Carlson, like others on Fox News, has often gone after the media for what he views as unfair coverage of President Trump. Fox News is often criticized for not being tough on the president while having strong influence over him. Trump is a regular viewer and reportedly speaks regularly to several Fox News hosts.

On Friday morning, Trump had an impromptu interview with Fox News’s “Fox & Friends” on the North Lawn of the White House, where he made a number of startling comments.

I see no problem with this. It's just Tucker admitting he and Fox News are lying assholes.

10+ Year Old Account
    What else is new? Fox has painted themselves as the "little guy" standing against the hordes of "Corporate/Big/Liberal/Fake Media". A weak little victim in the whole thing, and ya know what? It's viewers BUY IT.

So yeah, some smart snarky people thought about something someone on Fox said.

Meanwhile, MILLIONS of people are taking it as godly truth and understand exactly what he's saying.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't he be just preaching to the choir? Wouldn't his watchers already know about the "fake liberal media" and they should only watch the niche station Fox and Fiends

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tucker and his feigned outrage is nauseating.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I see no problem with this. It's just Tucker admitting he and Fox News are lying assholes.
    He doesn’t seem like a lier to me I think he believe a lot of the crap he spouts he’s just not smart enouth to know it’s crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    He doesn’t seem like a lier to me I think he believe a lot of the crap he spouts he’s just not smart enouth to know it’s crap.
    I don't think Tucker is an idiot. I think he's more radicalized than he was 15 years ago, but he's not a moron. He knows he's shoveling bullshit. I mean, sure, there's a chance he's gone full-on fascist and white nationalist, but I would hope he's just doing it for the ratings. It souldn't make him a better person, just less of a fucking moron.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Tucker is an idiot. I think he's more radicalized than he was 15 years ago, but he's not a moron. He knows he's shoveling bullshit. I mean, sure, there's a chance he's gone full-on fascist and white nationalist, but I would hope he's just doing it for the ratings. It souldn't make him a better person, just less of a fucking moron.
    I don’t know I don’t think he’s a complete moron but he seems to listen to morons and rarly seems disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don’t know I don’t think he’s a complete moron but he seems to listen to morons and rarly seems disingenuous.
    So, either he believes all the quasi-racist bullshit that comes out of his mouth, or he doesn't...

Either way, he's a terrible person.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised. Many idiots in denial that since Fox has been tops in ratings for a while, they are by definition the MSM, so any complaints they have about MSM apply directly to fox.

Well, when Trump keeps saying that the media is the enemy of the state, there's no where to go from there.

The entire media is out against Trump, for good reason, but that doesnt mean they get to twist the facts or ignore/down play events that have been happening for years and now that they found a scapegoat they can now feign outrage over them.

There is enough fodder to take down Trump without needing to lie, twist facts or feign outrage.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, either he believes all the quasi-racist bullshit that comes out of his mouth, or he doesn't...

Pretty much ya.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    The entire media is out against Trump, for good reason, but that doesnt mean they get to twist the facts or ignore/down play events that have been happening for years
    They didn't. See: Deporter-in-Chief.

and now that they found a scapegoat they can now feign outrage over them.
    They haven't. The existing policies were intentionally made vastly harsher by the current administration.

There is enough fodder to take down Trump without needing to lie, twist facts or feign outrage.
    "The entire media" isn't doing these things.

Well, except Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    They didn't. See: Deporter-in-Chief.
    So where was Gail King reporting about children being taken from parents and held in cages when Obama was President?
    Where was Nancy Pelosi and Hillary then?

They haven't. The existing policies were intentionally made vastly harsher by the current administration.
    Ok, show me the policy changes and how the were intentionally made vastly harsher because ....racists.

"The entire media" isn't doing these things.

Well, except Fox.
    Fox is reporting about babies being pulled from mothers breasts?

The entire media is out against Trump, for good reason, but that doesnt mean they get to twist the facts or ignore/down play events that have been happening for years and now that they found a scapegoat they can now feign outrage over them.

If that's the case, then why does Fox consistently push a biased, and bullshit narrative all the time? As you said, there's no need to lie, twist facts, or feign outrage... yet that is their business model.

10+ Year Old Account
    So where was Gail King reporting about children being taken from parents and held in cages when Obama was President?
    Where was Nancy Pelosi and Hillary then?
    http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...-families-was/

Ok, show me the policy changes and how the were intentionally made vastly harsher because ....racists.
    See above.

Fox is reporting about babies being pulled from mothers breasts?
    I don't know what shitty ass tabloid you're reading that claims this with any regularity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

i don't trust the big news stations. i wish there was a news outlet that could be trusted.

over the past couple days, i've watched them talk to a guy twice, and he's clearly following a script because he said the exact same thing the exact same way as the first time he was interviewed.

now they're playing audio that they admit cannot be verified, and they're using it as factual evidence.

so no, cnn and all that, they're NOT trustworthy on this issue. neither is fox, because of its own biases. we essentially have 0 news outlets that are entirely unbiased on the issue to give us the flat complete truth that we can know is 100% the truth through no lenses.

I'd argue that one is much worse than the other tbh. If you believe this shit then your awful, if you don't believe but shovel it for personal gain you're straight out fucking evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I'd argue that one is much worse than the other tbh. If you believe this shit then your awful, if you don't believe but shovel it for personal gain you're straight out fucking evil.
    You may be right.