Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    not getting loot for weeks or months? Are you serious? Bosses drop so much shit today
    LOL, what? It was not uncommon for me to get nothing from a full clear of ToS on PL and nothing from the three seals either. Getting two items from those 13 tries was pretty much a miracle and people say gearing is too fast...

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the have increased the loot chance. It prefer having 1 seal with %100 loot chance per week.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Deleted
    I don't care for gambling, but they are doubling the price and reducing the number. Less tokens, even more expensive. So, they better increase the odds, otherwise there may come a point where it's simply not worth it.
    Now, if your corrective system isn't worth it... well... let's say two wrongs don't make a right.

Perfect opportunity to sell them in the shop.

$1 = 1 Coin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Maybe the have increased the loot chance. It prefer having 1 seal with %100 loot chance per week.
    Same. Hate the gambling. Never understood the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Oh yeah, it's an unnecessary change, but they make those all the time, so I have to budget my tilt for the stupid pointless changes they make to things I do care about.

Different stokes for different folks

Keep the fight up against all these anti player changes this upcoming expansion

I would be happy with just 1 coin a week if it actually turned into loot and not AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Its just a way to slow you down even more in PVE to keep you logged in. The bonus roll chances sucked any way, so if they have not upped the % to get something all this is going to do is piss people off even more. Oh but here is minsicule amount of Ap to keep you happy. What fucking Idiot at Blizzard thought this was a good idea?
    Not me... skipping BfA completely. Likely never play "current wow" again actually... Classic maybe when it comes out.

Bonus rolls were a stupid idea anyway.

I hope they gut the system entirely.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Angosia View Post
    Mostly.

But, I'd also caution that this isn't set in stone yet. BfA hasn't launched. It is possible they will keep this, sure. It is also equally possible they will revert the change. And the third possibility is it will still go with BfA launch and be reverted later on to make other raiding gear tiers more accessible. It's not like it would be the first time they realized something was horrible and flipped it back.

A fourth possibility is it goes with launch and they increase your odds at personal loot (which is not something we can datamine in advance).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure I buy this logic. I'm seeing in Beta that the stats which were previously substantially less than ideal are actually having a noticeable impact in BfA. As context, I was watching my mastery on my outlaw rogue. It has been tragic and terrible for just nearly any expansion where mastery was introduced. Now, it is causing some considerable damage in this new content.

I suspect this is because Blizzard's stated dev intent is to make it so secondary stats aren't seen as useless (they never were useless, just less optimal). I was surprised to see my mastery contributing almost as much as auto-attack (which, in this expansion, is also not trivial any more). Mastery doesn't represent 5% of damage now on a spec that doesn't rely on it. It's actually closer to 15-19% (depending on the fight and the procs).

My point is that they're changing specs to value all stats. Some stats matter more than others, to be sure. But less so with the parity they used to be.
    I was talking about Legion
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

15+ Year Old Account
    If they increase the % chance of getting loot, then I won't mind. If it's the same bs RNG we already have to deal with right now, then I guess I won't be buying rolls. They just snipping and snipping away at things from previous xpacs. I beginning to feel like this xpac may turn into WOD, 6 months of fun then a drastic drop off in people playing...
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    If they increase the % chance of getting loot, then I won't mind. If it's the same bs RNG we already have to deal with right now, then I guess I won't be buying rolls. They just snipping and snipping away at things from previous xpacs. I beginning to feel like this xpac may turn into WOD, 6 months of fun then a drastic drop off in people playing...
    Wait till BF drops and people have to play with out their legendaries and artifacts and they see how gutted the classes were in Legion. Because Azerite armor and the Neck piece wont be filling those gaps

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Angosia View Post
    I know. I saw that. My point is to respond to that and also with the context of this new change. I didn't see loot as an issue in Legion, even with 3 coins. Then again, I also waited for bosses that had more items that I wanted (i.e. doing research in advance) and planning which ones I'd use the coins on. Even if they drop it to what is seen in beta, I'd still do the same thing when it goes live.

Planning and budgeting (even for the purchase of the coins) is something any responsible player should do - and that applies to their use as well.
    Even doing that I still got Ilvl upgrades but because of terrible RNg the item turned out to be useless because of the secondaries . Feels really bad to finally get a reward and just vendor trash it because of RNG
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah, second xpac in a row they've reduced the number of bonus rolls you can get. Guess they figured MoP gave you too many.
    Not sure if clueless or lying. Legion gave the most seasons of any expac thus far. After Nighthold came out you get four seals a week on average. Emerald Nightmare cache and Nighthold cache. Then NH/Tomb. Then Tomb/Antorus. These pop up every 2 weeks. So 4 seals each. Not to mention the nether disruptor gave 3 free seals every now and then. Plus Timewalking weekly gave a seal as well. Legion gave too many seals.

Two seals a week is fine if cache seals+timewalking still exist. It will probably average to three seals a week still and that is MoP/WoD level.

I'll take a wild guess and say that getting the 3rd seal will be somehow related to doing Emissary quests. You gotta make people show up for those somehow and currently nothing else fits.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    not getting loot for weeks or months? Are you serious? Bosses drop so much shit today
    I havent seen the KJ trinket drop once the entire tier of tos,despite bonus rolling it every week and having killed him the first week and every week onward and also having bonus rolled mythic KJ like 10 times.

I rarely used six unless I needed to offload a bunch of coins due to extra coins from the mission table or whatever. Usually there are only select bosses that have something for me. So I don't mind that. But reducing the chance? That's not fun!

When I was a kid, we didn't get bonus rolls for loot. The boss dropped loot... you rolled or used DKP. Getting "extra rolls" for free gear is just another millennial addition to the game. They should remove them altogether and stop trivializing content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellerain View Post
    I'll take a wild guess and say that getting the 3rd seal will be somehow related to doing Emissary quests. You gotta make people show up for those somehow and currently nothing else fits.
    Wouldn't shock me if it doesn't work like the curious coins, a chance to drop a 3rd but very low chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    When I was a kid, we didn't get bonus rolls for loot. The boss dropped loot... you rolled or used DKP. Getting "extra rolls" for free gear is just another millennial addition to the game. They should remove them altogether and stop trivializing content.
    No more master loot, so DKP or any other kind of old school system won't work anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Who cares? The coin never gives anything useful anyway.

My worst streak of unlock was during MoP, where I wanted one of the Sha-weapons; 4 weeks in a row, I got the same pair of leg-armor from the boss AND bonus roll each of those 4 weeks...... Gave me the same legs..
    8 legs in 4 weeks.....And no weapon..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Wouldn't shock me if it doesn't work like the curious coins, a chance to drop a 3rd but very low chance.

- - - Updated - - -

No more master loot, so DKP or any other kind of old school system won't work anymore.
    It will. Addons are already being written to track all loot that drops, and call out members to pass loot to the designated winners.