BFA Challenge Mode/Mage Tower equivalent?

Will there be some sort of class or dungeon challenge that provides a reward only attainable for BfA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Doubtful, but they will have myth+ continuing forward

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Doubtful, but they will have myth+ continuing forward

So high level key will be the new challenge mode?

Would surprise me if they didn't, since it drives up player engagement and time spent playing. And people like it, sure there's salt from some but many enjoy feeling that they've got a reason to login now rather than 3 years down the line.

If they introduce seasons to M+, it'll likely come with seasonal rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Icecreamcake View Post
    So high level key will be the new challenge mode?
    Yessir, but reward other than ilvl gear will be nill as far as I know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Would surprise me if they didn't, since it drives up player engagement and time spent playing. And people like it, sure there's salt from some but many enjoy feeling that they've got a reason to login now rather than 3 years down the line.

Seasonal rewards would be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post

I really hope they don't go the seasonal route with mythic plus... it would promote cheese and stacking like it did in mop with the titles.

Back onto the mage tower... nothing has been announced but I would be very surprised to not see it again during a later content patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hope not. I'm sick and tired of timed rewards.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully yes, I love having a option to do solo content that is challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...MAYBE.

After all what was the mage tower but a new iteration of MOP and WOD challenge modes? Difficult content with an aesthetic reward at the end you could only get before the end of current content.

They've done it in all three of the most recent expansions, so maybe something similar could come in for BFA? IF something like this does come in though, it will probably appear in 8.2. This will allow players plenty of time to tackle it between it's launch and the launch of 9.0 (which should be in about two years from now). There will also be plenty of ilevel growth between 8.2 and the final defeat of the Alliance so the content will self nerf. They won't introduce such a system in 8.3 or whatever the final patch is, it will be too late in the day both in terms of time and in terms of ilevel growth.

If you don't see a system like the mage tower by 8.2 it probably isn't happening.

Add my voice to those who are tired of "get'em or they're gone" rewards. We know we can get them, we have nothing to prove anymore, it's just a chore at this point. I want to enjoy the game - yes, Blizzard, I will play your game just 'cause I like it - not burn out because I don't want to miss out on something. It's strictly a scheme designed to artificially increase subs, or worse, the arbitrary metric of /played time, and no sane consumer should support it. Especially since these rewards are reaching diminishing returns... What's the point of having multiple discontinued sets/weapons/mounts/etc. when you can only show off one at a time?