Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I could see an 'bittersweet' ending like this...

Fans think they've figured out Game of Thrones' 'bittersweet' ending

Author of the books on which the series is based, George R R Martin, has previously told fans to expect a "bittersweet ending".

In 2015, when discussing the literary series, he said: "People ask me how Game of Thrones is gonna end, and I'm not gonna tell them.

"But I always say to expect something bittersweet in the end. You can't just fulfil a quest and then pretend life is perfect."

While he was talking about the book series, could his prophecy come true for the televised version?

One fan on Reddit, ascott6767, reckons they've come up with the perfect "bittersweet ending".

It involves Jon Snow (Kit Harington) Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) and the elusive Gendry (Joe Dempsie).

The fan thinks Jon and Dany will both end up dead but not until they've legitimised Gendry as a son of Robert Baratheon.

This would mean Gendry was the last heir to the Iron Throne and be the one to rule over the Seven Kingdoms.

"I just think it makes a ton of sense because why else even bring him back?" they wondered.

Before season seven, Gendry was last seen in season three, sailing towards King's Landing where he went into hiding.

The Reddit user went on: "I can picture the scene, Jon laying on his deathbed signing the document legitimising Gendry, similar to when Robert was dying and gave the regent powers to Ned.

"Gendry goes on to marry Arya [Stark] and care for on and Dany's son, while being the best king Westeros has ever seen."

Viewers know Jon is the rightful heir to the throne after his parentage was confirmed to be Targaryen in season seven.

But he's pledged his service to Dany and, not knowing they are in fact blood-related, they slept together.

I hope it ends in the continuation of a cycle.

The battle against the undead seems to be going well, Cersei then betrays her would-be allies in an attempt to gain dominance, which only leads to both of them losing against the undead. Bran then, like the dryads before him, creates some monstrous army to protect the forces of life for the moment. The creation of an evil to save them, necessitated by the selfishness, greed, and evil of the humans themselves. That monstrous army is then banished for now, effectively becoming the new sleeping evil.

Everything then ends as it began. Hundreds of years later, when Bran's creation is again just a myth, humans fight amongst themselves for dominance over each other.

NOTE: Not what I *think* will happen, but what I'd *like* to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Promptly...

Stopped right where it's at, with the promise of more to come in a few years...which then becomes another few more years...of empty promises of an ending.

It would reflect the books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Few things I'd like to see happen. Mostly Cleganebowl, Cersei's death, Everyone finding out who Jon Snow really is and the aftermath of that fact, the dragons with armor and the Starks reuniting plus their direwolves(the ones that remain).

Big battle.
    Everyone dies.
    only Hot Pie survived.
    Hot Pie sits on the ruins of the Iron Throne.
    He twiddles his fingers and says "exactly as planned"

Night King and their Frostwyrm and team of undeadies die / are killed in battle.
    Maybe Cersei somehow kills Jon?
    Cersei is then killed by Jaime, now the #QueenSlayer, stealing Arya's thunder, preventing her from ever properly avenging her siblings
    Dany rules the Iron throne without Jon but she dies in childbirth giving birth to Jon's son who is either raised by Jon, or Tyrion if Jon's dead, as the new king.
    Sansa continues to have no personality, maybe rules Winterfell.
    I was really hoping the dragon under Winterfell legend was real (or at least eggs) Doesn't seem to be going that way.
    Brann should probably sacrifice himself in some way or do something Illidan style to prevent the northern encroachment. He kind of fucked that shit up so far.
    I expect Brann to warg into a dragon at some point.
    Cleganebowl for #fanservice

Quote Originally Posted by geassedbylelouch View Post
    Big battle.
    Everyone dies.
    only Hot Pie survived.
    Hot Pie sits on the ruins of the Iron Throne.
    He twiddles his fingers and says "exactly as planned"
    +1 for House Hot Pie

The dead kill the living because the living were to stupid playing the game of thrones.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

After fighting Viserion (the icy dragon), a group of 25 people created by the main characters moves to the final battle.

They engage the Night King in a fight involving jumping around icy platforms that are breaking and a disease that becomes stronger and stronger.

In the end they can't actually defeat the Night King, but Melisandre asks for a final miracle from the Lord of Light and kills the Night King in a strike using the Lightbringer. Beric Dondarrion, whom everybody thought was killed steps up and says that there must always be a Night King and takes its place.
    Last edited by Knolan; 2018-06-18 at 08:50 AM.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Deleted
    How I think it will end:
    The destruction of the iron throne and the independence of the seven kingdoms ( and the riverlands).

How I want it to end:
    Or a mass exodus. Westeros falls to the White Walkers but dani and her dragons holds off the dead long enough to allow the ships to eacape but dies. But humanity survives and sails west or something. Ending of a note of hope with new land being spotted.

OR (book only)

Aegon Targaryen becomes king

Deleted
    Martin already said the ending will be bittersweet. So expect something like an anime ending where the big bad is defeated but all the main characters died in the process.

Deleted
    If the White walkers move as slowly south of The Wall as they did north of it, it'll take another 8 seasons to reach Winterfell, so it's way too early to speculate about the ending
    Season 14, episode 6: Jorah is infected with leprosy, Dany's dragons are stolen, Bran says something, Arya uses the face of the cook to steal a cookie from the kitchen, Dany and Jon have sex while riding a dragon (minor continuity error).
    Season 14, episode 7: Jorah is cured of leprosy, Dany finds her dragons, they weren't stolen she has misplaced them, they were with her lost car keys, Davos opens a daycare for little girls, Dany and Jon have sex while Theon watches, a White Walker arrives in Winterfell, but it was Arya playing a prank on Sansa.

I want the last season to never come out, so show watchers learn what it's like to read that fucking asshole's books.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t want the dragons to die, but I think they will. Maybe one of the characters will find some eggs they laid, idk.
    Aren't there dragon eggs in the crypt of Winterfell?

I don't care much, but if they don't show those fucking Ice Spiders then tables will be flipped.