Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am still looking forward to BfA, the launch day and the mess that follows during the first 2 weeks as we all scramble to level and gear and explore all the shit the game has untill raids launch is always good fun with guildies. Then when raiding launches we have fun there. After a few weeks is when we get a bit of a feel of expansion goings and the such and when blizzard announces the first patch we get a good idea of the expansion in the long runnings of it. Thats when I decide if its good or shit.

Untill then, I am pretty neutral about BfA, storywise it could be really fun, but the tanking classes are a lot less fun on the beta than on live from my own expriences. Hopefully some further tuning and gearing will fix that after not to much time.

Also, I have been neutral about every expansion really. Never get hyped for anything. I just check things out when they are there and go from there. No reason to go mental over things that don't even exist yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    Broad over-generalization based on the small group of people you have read/interacted with. Don't think that qualifies as largely disappointing.
    Exact same things were said about WOD
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Literally one of these threads each day?

Are you serious? There is so much hype it's reaching crazy levels. People are getting into massive fights over the characters choices, mainly Sylvanas. The Horde and Alliance players are arguing constantly. We still don't even know the full story of the burning of teldrassil because it's hiding. Random updates to one of the greatest Alliance heroes' tombs. That login music is fantastic. New lore about lightforged undead. There is so much to by hyped about. I no expectations for BFA hype when it was announced, and it has changed my mind faster than anything before.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Visuals don't carry an expansion. We had this situation back in WoD where the zones all were trimmed for "audiovisual" perfection (in WoWs means) and gameplay + features were left out. We have the exact same situation right now again.
    The rebound in legion has been quite impressive however. The expac might feel like legion 2.0 rather than WoD levels of drought (given that it feels like there's a rhythm figured out with content release. I think Argus proves that blizz can hold some decent tricks up their sleeve if they want to.)

I'm curious as to how they can top sargeras/pantheon hype ... We know its a faction conflict expac, but what is it building up to ..

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Let's look at the expansion villains:

TBC - Bad ass Illidan
    WotLK - Bad asser Lich King
    Cata - Bad asserest Deathwing
    MoP - Not-so-badass Kung Fu Pandas (made to please our Chinese overlords)
    WoD - Bad ass Orc planet
    Legion - Omega level bad asserest and final boss of the game Sargeras

and now we have BfA...

BfA - Ourselves. Yup, we get to fight ourselves. Punting Gnomes feels less bad ass than slaying the demon king.
    Azshara? Old Gods? Do you people not pay attention to BlizzCon?

There's just nothing to get very excited about. There are allied races which we have already tasted in Legion, I'm sure they will be loving all the extra pre-orders but the same time its a major feature from BFA that has already been consumed. There are warfronts which are just glorified scenarios that wasn't even liked that much back in MoP (at least the first time is generally fun, then its just a chore that people have to do). Zandalar and Kul'Tiras are kinda neat and they are both long requested zones, but they are not as epic as compared to Outland, Northrend etc. For most of the part its just carrying over Legion features that either gets some minor tweaks or even watered down.

This feels like another ''calm before the storm'' expansion which could also be called a filler expansion. We are going to face the Old God's and Void Lords eventually and this expansion will be used as a bridge to get to their own expansion, kinda like how WoD worked as a bridge to Legion. The next expansion will be where Blizzard goes all out on development while keeping a minimum amount of work on BFA. Though I very much doubt that WoW can survive a second WoD.

I'm way more hyped for classic than I am for BFA.

Not sure you know what literally means. Stop speaking for everyone and go away with the shit trollposts
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    The rebound in legion has been quite impressive however. The expac might feel like legion 2.0 rather than WoD levels of drought (given that it feels like there's a rhythm figured out with content release. I think Argus proves that blizz can hold some decent tricks up their sleeve if they want to.)

I'm curious as to how they can top sargeras/pantheon hype ... We know its a faction conflict expac, but what is it building up to ..
    Argus was pretty much a huge disappointment though. Very few people were happy with it. Not the lay out, the ridiculous terrain or the way it was done. As a catch up zone it failed. Story wise it was just terrible and made no sense.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattwenny View Post
    See you later

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you even here?
    We'll see about that.
    Funny how people can't look in a critical way at things and have to accept them as they are. Way to defend.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account

TBC - Bad ass Illidan
    WotLK - Bad asser Lich King
    Cata - Bad asserest Deathwing
    MoP - Not-so-badass Kung Fu Pandas (made to please our Chinese overlords)
    WoD - Bad ass Orc planet
    Legion - Omega level bad asserest and final boss of the game Sargeras

and now we have BfA...

BfA - Ourselves. Yup, we get to fight ourselves. Punting Gnomes feels less bad ass than slaying the demon king.
    Damned if you do and damned if you don't...people were like enough Orcs and Demons, we want a faction war and when they get it what happens? Faction wars suck!

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post

Argus was (for me) a major let down. I think Legion from 7.0 to 7.1.5 was a lot better than Legion past 7.2 (7.2 and 7.3 have been pretty bad content patches imho).

The problem I see with the faction storyline is that it doesn't generate any momentum. We all know faction war won't be the main plot of BfA and that's its biggest hurdle. We all know the faction conflict is pretty much irrelevant until they turn someone into Garrosh 2.0 (and that would be a very lame move).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Lol what? I said goodbye.

TBC - Bad ass Illidan Correct
    WotLK - Bad asser Lich King Correct
    Cata - Bad asserest Deathwing Underwhelming, not even remotely more threatening than the previous two
    MoP - Not-so-badass Kung Fu Pandas (made to please our Chinese overlords) Wrong: Garrosh
    WoD - Bad ass Orc planet + Archimonde
    Legion - Omega level bad asserest and final boss of the game Sargeras Wrong: Argus

and now we have BfA...

BfA - Ourselves. Wrong: N'zoth
    Yeah you are totally off on that analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Damned if you do and damned if you don't...people were like enough Orcs and Demons, we want a faction war and when they get it what happens? Faction wars suck!
    See my comment above. Faction war can work when it's the real plot of an expansion and there are massive battles between both sides with a lot of "prominent" victims. Right now faction war feels so shallow and nonsensical after all the stuff on Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    We'll see about that.
    Funny how people can't look in a critical way at things and have to accept them as they are. Way to defend.
    Lol what? You said you're leaving I said goodbye. I asked why you are here because you aren't doing anything but spreading useless vitrol. In fact you said you don't find the game fun anymore. So, WHY ARE YOU HERE? To get attention by being obnoxious and telling everyone why you don't like the thing that this whole site is based around. I don't go to nascar forums and tell them I don't like the thing they like because they changed something about the races. That would be childish and moronic.
    Last edited by Nattwenny; 2018-06-20 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Yeah you are totally off on that analysis
    Deathwing was by far the most impressive enemy we've fought yet. He really did alter the entire world we played in. His raid and the two battles against him were pretty bad but Deathwing overall as an overarching enemy was incredibly well done. Better than any enemy before or after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Deathwing was by far the most impressive enemy we've fought yet. He really did alter the entire world we played in. His raid and the two battles against him were pretty bad but Deathwing overall as an overarching enemy was incredibly well done. Better than any enemy before or after him.
    His only role after the cinematic was to read about him in a few lines of quest text here and there to explain how he did something (around the Cataclysm). He did literally nothing else, by the end he was essentially just a mindless pawn that just flew around, set a zone on fire randomly and vanished afterwards. Even in the raids, while he was the final Boss, he was just a raging beast that actually menacing beings used to their advantage. So he was actually a pretty shitty villain. Nefarian was a better villain in that expansion and he died like a bitch in his raid (again).

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    BFA seems to fail to hype people up in part because it actually just feels like Legion with new paint. It's the same exact deal, and we'll see another period where no content is even remotely close to challenging unless you choose to go for the higher difficulty levels in a premade group or raid. New zones and questlines you'll just plow through as usual, never remotely close to dying at any point, you'll run dungeons and whatever at maxlevel for 2 afternoons and you'll be geared up and ready to raid, and once more all world content and queued content is insultingly easy to you, always making sure that players succeeding in reaching their current goal is far, far more important than to put them in a world that requires them to play properly, be a bit careful, not play too recklessly.

Because we've hit the point where failing at something outside of endgame, premade group content is considered an "annoying inconvenience", in a freaking MMORPG (MMO-ARPG is more apt at this point). If you want to face some sort of danger and challenge, there's high level mythic, heroic/mythic raids, and other premade group content! But everything else remains a bucketlist of guaranteed-success tasks that requires zero focus from you as a player. Leveling, braindead. Solo World content, braindead. World bosses, braindead zergs. Dungeons, braindead until you go mythic+. Island Expeditions, probably braindead.
    As if the "base" content has to hold your hand at all times and apologize if you ever actually fail at something.

I am a casual pleb, I don't raid, I don't enjoy high M+ where the true challenge is the timer and not the enemies themselves, with bosses often dying faster than trash does. So BFA presents what Legion ultimately did, a few new zones with new stories but you're only there for the story and leveling up, because you're killing the questlines big bads without a seconds thought. It's mindnumbing. And you hit max-level where you'll have a couple of weeks of new and fresh content but none of it actually feels like something to overcome through basic strategy, trying again and improving. Or heaven forbid, come back later because you didn't have gear that was good enough the first time.

Imagine that ey? Imagine going into a new dungeon that was on a slightly different difficulty scale and you can't beat it in 20 minutes mindlessly AoEing trash and tunneling down bosses in 25 seconds flat, but you actually need better gear (and proper strategy and communication) to succeed? Preposterous! Artificial prolonging of content yada yada.

Add to that, that we're not even getting a new talent row, there's no real indication that Blizzard actually has noticed that braindead difficulty mode on all non-premade content is hurting the enjoyment of the game, and not revisiting some of the, admittedly, archaic designs of what used to keep MMORPGs going where people would play for hours and hours per day and still never really reaching a point where they feel like they're "done". Because being "done" isn't actually something to strive for in a freaking (would be) MMORPG. There should always be somewhat difficult content available even as a solo or LFD queue player where you actually have to keep oxygen flowing to your brain in order to be able to succeed. That is something Blizzard has apparently abandoned altogether.

So no, BFA doesn't manage to hype (me) up because I've played Legion, and I know what BFA will be like about 2 weeks after release. Then you add some Timeless isle/raid size patches that as usual makes nearly all previous content irrelevant, and we're just playing Legion again but with less green and less demons. BFA is an even more streamlined version of Legion, and that sure doesn't bode well for the game's longevity.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2018-06-20 at 05:09 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Blizzard knows they're not fooling anyone anymore. WoW just continues to be the same thing every expansion. By now everybody and their mother has played WoW and they know if it's worth investing their time into, no amount of promotion is going to change that.

What i've noticed is that youtubers who normally criticize the game, are now speaking wonders of it. Maybe blizzard is using streamers/youtubers as a mean of hyping their game. Change of strategy and whatnot. I still check on mmo champion once or twice a month, but no amount of "hype" will make me play WoW again.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2018-06-20 at 05:20 PM.